Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Starsky1

Got the call!!!

ML 910 ish

Woop woop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Army654

Starsky1 wrote: »
    Got the call!!!

ML 910 ish

Woop woop

Congrats, am sure that was one long wait lol.

Cheers. Yup long wait is right but the pressure is now off

What's your ML?

Cheers. Yup long wait is right but the pressure is now off

What's your ML?

Must be very exciting! I'm in 240-260 range for the 1810 campaign, just waiting for my PCA date. Hope to make it to the waiting room!

Yea very exicting

And that's a great postion to be on the ML

You won't have long to wait!!!! Well much less than me anyway ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 cladav32

Got the call!!!

ML 910 ish

Woop woop

Congratulations! Well done!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Unknowndude

Probably a stupid question lol but when you are waiting for the call is that the stage you are at when you have passed all psni managed stages and you are waiting on a phone call to start GV? I'm in the 1810 recruitment campaign ML 400-420 thanks

Congrats to all who have received THE call

Probably a stupid question lol but when you are waiting for the call is that the stage you are at when you have passed all psni managed stages and you are waiting on a phone call to start GV? I'm in the 1810 recruitment campaign ML 400-420 thanks

Congrats to all who have received THE call

Yep, that's correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Dadbod

Got the call!!!

ML 910 ish

Woop woop

Congrats mate

I appear to have been overlooked, passed all stages 820-850 still waiting 😔

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Soso123

Dadbod wrote: »
    Congrats mate

I appear to have been overlooked, passed all stages 820-850 still waiting 😔

I am the same - passed all stages and ML 720-740, hopefully it won’t be long til we get the call.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Toots123

Got the call!!!

ML 910 ish

Woop woop
    Congratulations well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Cml29

If two candidates have passed all stages (including vetting) why would a lower merit list no get a call before someone higher up the list?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭YNWA27

The guys who have passed all stages with a lower merit score probably only became appointable recently.

The people they selected for starting in July may have been chosen a couple of weeks ago rather than on Fri past or Mon

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Tunafish123

Guys if you have been appointable for a while and they skipped you on the ML, ring them and find out why. That should not happen.

Guys if you have been appointable for a while and they skipped you on the ML, ring them and find out why. That should not happen.

Like I said recruitment may be working of a slightly out of date list, offers have already been made to other candidates

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Cml29

YNWA27 wrote: »
    Like I said recruitment may be working of a slightly out of date list, offers have already been made to other candidates

surely the list couldn’t be that out of date that someone in the 900’s gets a call before two people 100’s higher in the ML if both are appointable? Doesn’t seem that fair

Cml29 wrote: »
    YNWA27 wrote: »

surely the list couldn’t be that out of date that someone in the 900’s gets a call before two people 100’s higher in the ML if both are appointable? Doesn’t seem that fair

Peoples vetting could have cleared in the last week or so. PSNI recruitment are not making projections on information that up to date. As soon as the calls for one intake are complete they are preparing for the next ones.

By the time you get the call they have done numerous amounts of behind the scenes admin for you

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Chambaland

If you get the call but have one date in the month which you know you need off (and it happens to clash with exams for example) is it easy enough to defer to the next intake? or how does it work?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 L85a3

So has anyone that feels like they've been jumped over on the list rang recruitment yet to ask or are you just going to wait out?

• Advertisement

L85a3 wrote: »
    So has anyone that feels like they've been jumped over on the list rang recruitment yet to ask or are you just going to wait out?

Sitting tight mate. Vetting only cleared on Monday, thought with me already having MOD clearance it would of cleared quite quickly but seemed to be rather the opposite.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Andy smith

Sitting tight mate. Vetting only cleared on Monday, thought with me already having MOD clearance it would of cleared quite quickly but seemed to be rather the opposite.

How long was your vetting overall?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Up a tree

I got the info that I was progressing to vetting start Feb then that I had cleared mid April.

Then the other stages and online learning wrapped up may

Andy smith wrote: »
    How long was your vetting overall?

Jan - Jun

• Registered Users Posts: 26 L85a3

I've still national SC live so sailed through. Probably takes longer for ex-MOD mob as they have to ask Glasgow to plough through disciplinary records id imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 B00724991 mc

Anybody guessing when the next set of possible calls could be?

Anybody guessing when the next set of possible calls could be?

I'd guesstimate w/c 1/7/19

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Throwaway36

Hey folks. Had posted in the 1810 thread but might be more in this one that can answer. I’ve seen people saying if you pass medical you hear the same day, is this always the case? I’m aware that PSNI say allow a week (incase it’s a fail etc...)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 B00724991 mc

Hey folks. Had posted in the 1810 thread but might be more in this one that can answer. I’ve seen people saying if you pass medical you hear the same day, is this always the case? I’m aware that PSNI say allow a week (incase it’s a fail etc...)
    It's normally a week from the day you have your medical that you hear

• Advertisement

It's normally a week from the day you have your medical that you hear

It's not.

Several friends found out on day off medical...

Advertisement