Advertisement
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

1263264266268269271

Comments



  • Work on a conservative number of 50 per intake.

    Given that people with fail stages and some 1810 fast track and some some high scoring non fast trackers are still live 1710.

    Means that you will almost certainly be 3rd intake 1810. If not reserve for 4th intake. If you pass all remaining stages.

    As there is confusion as to when 1810 intakes will start the time cannot be guess- timated. But if our email (1810) is accurate i.e. 1810 starting in August 2019. You'd be looking at oct/nov 2019




  • YNWA27 wrote: »
    Work on a conservative number of 50 per intake.

    Given that people with fail stages and some 1810 fast track and some some high scoring non fast trackers are still live 1710.

    Means that you will almost certainly be 3rd intake 1810. If not reserve for 4th intake. If you pass all remaining stages.

    As there is confusion as to when 1810 intakes will start the time cannot be guess- timated. But if our email (1810) is accurate i.e. 1810 starting in August 2019. You'd be looking at oct/nov 2019
    Thank you thats what i was thinking myself




  • Cml29 wrote: »
    Almost too scared to ask this but does anyone know if an ACL repair is an automatic fail at medical?

    I know it is for the armed forces, hopefully PSNI are more lenient. It’s a pretty common sports injury so hoping for a positive answer


    I’m in the same boat with the ACL repair. Fingers crossed it shouldn’t be an issue. For when you get to the medical phase, bring an up to date report from a physio to outline that your knee is in good health and that you’re capable of doing physical activity without any issues.




  • Cml29 wrote: »
    Almost too scared to ask this but does anyone know if an ACL repair is an automatic fail at medical?

    I know it is for the armed forces, hopefully PSNI are more lenient. It’s a pretty common sports injury so hoping for a positive answer


    I’m in the same boat with the ACL repair. Fingers crossed it shouldn’t be an issue. For when you get to the medical phase, bring an up to date report from a physio to outline that your knee is in good health and that you’re capable of doing physical activity without any issues.




  • Cml29 wrote: »
    Almost too scared to ask this but does anyone know if an ACL repair is an automatic fail at medical?

    I know it is for the armed forces, hopefully PSNI are more lenient. It’s a pretty common sports injury so hoping for a positive answer


    I’m in the same boat with the ACL repair. Fingers crossed it shouldn’t be an issue. For when you get to the medical phase, bring an up to date report from a physio to outline that your knee is in good health and that you’re capable of doing physical activity without any issues.


  • Advertisement


  • Kw19 wrote: »
    I’m in the same boat with the ACL repair. Fingers crossed it shouldn’t be an issue. For when you get to the medical phase, bring an up to date report from a physio to outline that your knee is in good health and that you’re capable of doing physical activity without any issues.

    I know that in same cases such as this, a dispute and can settled by a passed PCA not sure if it is still like this anymore though...




  • Kw19 wrote: »
    I’m in the same boat with the ACL repair. Fingers crossed it shouldn’t be an issue. For when you get to the medical phase, bring an up to date report from a physio to outline that your knee is in good health and that you’re capable of doing physical activity without any issues.

    @kw19 I’m sure it will be fine! Fingers crossed, and not a bad idea re letter from physio




  • Conscious of being a melter here, apologies in advance, i know this will have been asked 100’s of times before here re district allocation but would really like an accurate answer from those who have been through it before:

    1. How many preferences of district are you allowed / required to give?

    2. Is each preference weighted equally or ordered 1 2 3 etc

    3. is it better to list as many districts you can that suit you or just stick with 1 or 2 and hope you get allocated there?




  • Cml29 wrote: »
    Conscious of being a melter here, apologies in advance, i know this will have been asked 100’s of times before here re district allocation but would really like an accurate answer from those who have been through it before:

    1. How many preferences of district are you allowed / required to give?

    2. Is each preference weighted equally or ordered 1 2 3 etc

    3. is it better to list as many districts you can that suit you or just stick with 1 or 2 and hope you get allocated there?

    Up to 4 choices of district
    Equally weighted
    However keep in mind you may not get any of the 4 you selected. I wasn’t given any of my 4 choices, it’s not really an issue for me but I know a few other people on my intake were very disappointed, just something to keep in mind.




  • Up to 4 choices of district
    Equally weighted
    However keep in mind you may not get any of the 4 you selected. I wasn’t given any of my 4 choices, it’s not really an issue for me but I know a few other people on my intake were very disappointed, just something to keep in mind.

    Thanks for the reply :) there are 4/5 districts that definitely suit me better than the others but yeah i suppose if you want it enough you’ll work anywhere!


  • Advertisement


  • Cml29 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply :) there are 4/5 districts that definitely suit me better than the others but yeah i suppose if you want it enough you’ll work anywhere!

    Yeah my thoughts exactly, it’s taken me too long to get here, not going to complain really lol




  • There are certain districts you can choose that will help ensure that you not get another




  • YNWA27 wrote: »
    There are certain districts you can choose that will help ensure that you not get another

    Hey Ynwa27, what do you mean? Are you able to explain more on here? Sounds interesting




  • Any guys still on 1710 ML score under 300ML in 1810?




  • YNWA27 wrote: »
    Any guys still on 1710 ML score under 300ML in 1810?

    Yeah, I'm low 200s for 1810




  • L85a3 wrote: »
    YNWA27 wrote: »
    Any guys still on 1710 ML score under 300ML in 1810?

    Yeah, I'm low 200s for 1810

    Are you live in 1710 ML?




  • YNWA27 wrote: »
    Are you live in 1710 ML?

    Yep, i'm guessing I'm going to be the next intake.




  • Great so there will be some re-shuffling going on then




  • YNWA27 wrote: »
    Great so there will be some re-shuffling going on then

    Has to be, when 1810 went live 1710 were encouraged to reapply to enhance their chances. I would say there's a fair amount from 1710 who applied for 1810, also so their merit pool will drop dramatically once 1710 is all through and taken off 1810.




  • Any calls today folks?


  • Advertisement


  • Orbital1 wrote: »
    Any calls today folks?

    Deadline for my batch of the initial online course is tomorrow so I would say maybe Thursday or Friday for calls going out.




  • Any truth in the rumour they are doing another intake after 1810?




  • Orbital1 wrote: »
    Any calls today folks?

    Are we expecting calls this week?i thought calls came every 5 weeks which would be next week from the last set.




  • cladav32 wrote: »
    Are we expecting calls this week?i thought calls came every 5 weeks which would be next week from the last set.

    Couldn't tell you, I thought it was the last week of every month...




  • Does anyone know if calls have started for July?




  • I'm probably wrong about the calls for today/tomorrow. I don't really pay much attention to when the usually go out. Was just guessing because of the online course deadline really.




  • Any calls?




  • Dont think so

    Should be out this week

    Whats your ML?


  • Advertisement


  • Starsky1 wrote: »
    Dont think so

    Should be out this week

    Whats your ML?

    900ish


Advertisement