Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,184 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    There's no room in my short tight short shorts for tissues

You could stuff a couple down the front :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Sleeves? Arm-band? Man-bra-straps?

There's NO excuse! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

You tell him NH!

#rank

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Spitting not OK, but shooting snot out of your nose is?!? Pah-leeeze! Please keep your bodily fluids to yourself, unless asked otherwise!

Incidentally, many years ago spitting was outlawed as a mean to stop the spreading of TB.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

You could stuff a couple down the front :D
    that's where I keep my water bottle.

I try not to snot rocket when people are around if that's any help :)

• Advertisement

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I try not to snot rocket when people are around if that's any help :)

Not really - you could step on one (eeeeewwwwhhh!!!), or your dog could step on one and bring it back into your house, or worse!!! #barf/bark

• Registered Users Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭facehugger99

My boss.

Seriously, how did you ever rise to a a position of responsibility?

OK, we both know the answer to this, you are good at kissing senior management arse and pepper your speech with management buzz-phrase bolloxology.

But really, make a fcuking decision for once in your life. I mean without having to run it past half a dozen people in an effort to cover your own arse.

You are a fcuking drag on everyone else's efficiency. You ask for useless and irrelevant information to be compiled in order to procrastinate deciding on anything. You fundamentally misunderstand all of the technical issues you are supposed to be overseeing.

You are a useless arsehole.

I am not staying late to work on some stupid **** you've decided you need, It's Friday and I'm meeting friends for pints.

I don't care that you think this information is important - it's not. I would tell you to do it yourself but we both know you wouldn't have the first clue where to start.

At the risk of repeating myself, you are a useless arsehole.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,753 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

New Home wrote: »
    Incidentally, many years ago spitting was outlawed as a mean to stop the spreading of TB.

There do seem to be an awful lot of Total Bastards around these days and now I know why!

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭heretothere

Waited 30 minutes in the bank, there were only 4 people ahead of me!!! Thankfully I don't often have to go in there

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    Could of, should of, would of - this morning I saw could've of. Good Lord.

Overheard some soap-dodger protesting his innocence to the Guards on Marlborough St one day after they were collared for drinking and dumping empty cans on the steps of the DIT college of catering behind them.

Verbatim, he said:
    We wor'nt even drinkin', Garda......[turns to look at his partner in crime]........Worn't we not?

For the rest of the day I was trying to extrapolate what that would look like without the contractions, it was like a bullet ricocheting around my brain like some perverse triple negative......"We were not even drinking, Garda, were not we not?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Today is the 75th anniversary of the D-Day landings at Normandy.
    What is the History channel showing?

Swamp people :rolleyes:

Thats now way to talk about Shrek:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,411 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People who say "leave" when they mean "let".

• Registered Users Posts: 19,112 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Dial Hard wrote: »
    People who say "leave" when they mean "let".

My eternal friend...... at last someone who treats those tools who do that with the contempt they deserve.

Munster are you fohhherking listening.

Donal Lenihan are you listening. “He left him in for the try”

The world is a better place after reading that post.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,184 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Typical rubbish friday evening traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Opened a window in the hope a bluebottle flying around the kitchen would clear out. 2 min later I have another one in to join him.
    Tisnt worth yer while coming in here lads. There's nothing any good here. Now feck off out and tell the rest of yer buddies the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,459 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

can't stop eye from watering, thru the night into the day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

Naked people hanging round the changing rooms in the gym.

Usually dirty-looking pasty old men.

You never see these characters actually working out barring the occasional one in the weights room,sweating heavily and changing colour like a cuttlefish.

The majority of these old bastards seem to go to the gym with the express intention of making people feel sick as they stand around showing off thier shrivelled bollocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,112 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

You never see these characters actually working out barring the occasional one in the weights room,sweating heavily and changing colour like a cuttlefish.

The majority of these old bastards seem to go to the gym with the express intention of making people feel sick as they stand around showing off thier shrivelled bollocks.

Very good observation .

Like these swimmers I referred to on another thread..Spend two or three minutes in the sea and the rest of the time toweling their cluster usually on the highest part of the area.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Threading on eggshells once again, I hate this .

Had the coffee, done the exercise, got some sun, done everything to boost the ol' energy levels....... still sleepy.

(hope you're ok seph)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

English people's inability to pronounce 'Keogh' correctly.

This sort of logic applies to the weekend cyclist or MAMIL. Usually profoundly unlikable,they squeeze themselves into skintight lycra leotards so the motoring public can be sickened by the sight of them bursting out of it like huge tubes of toothpaste.

These sorts of people are usually perennially single or trapped in loveless marriages and regularly cuckolded.

The highlight of their worthless week is setting off to block roads and upset people's sense of decency.

A visible testament to beta-male pusilanimousn.

Ramblers and hill walkers annoy me.

To quote Nicholas Van Hoogstraten

"You ask any policeman,he'll tell you. They're what we call the dirty Mac brigade. Flashers.A bunch of disenfranchised perverts"

Why must people yell so much?! ...and at people sitting right beside them?

I can hear them clearly a distance away. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Parents not giving a frick to respond to birthday invitations. It's really not that hard to send a quick text.

My son's birthday is on Sunday and he invited all the boys from class, like 10 or 11. Only 3 texted in, one can't come. I asked one of the mothers earlier today if her boys are coming and she said no, they're away. Why not telling me so when you know? Honestly I'm a bit taken aback by that. Mine gets invited to every party and is well liked, we always bring gifts.
    I don't understand why not only the turnout is so bad but people don't even bother just saying no.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,364 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

When you step back to let someone coming the other way get through the door - being sound, like - and instead of saying thanks or maybe even holding it open for you they just abruptly let it slam in your face.

English people's inability to pronounce 'Keogh' correctly.

wondering if I am saying it wrong now, hmmmm...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Putting the ATM at tHE back of a shop,beside a door that tHE staff use.You cant concentrate properly.

Penneys are the worse for putting the sizes on the wrong hanger.You spend ages looking think you have found your size.And then realise its too small.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭apieceofcake

People cancelling plans...especially on the day itself. I know sometimes it can’t be helped but it’s still a bit annoying (and maybe trivial too)!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Some of the reasons I stopped going a local gym/pool. Some men (And no doubt women) are manky bastards. Men washing their swimming shorts in the sinks where people shave. Men Using hair dryers on their balls ( I kid you not!) blowing Christ’s knows what all over the place. And then spraying some cheap crap everywhere except under their arms.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement