Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I know some people who ran into her on different occasions. They smiled and said Hello. She wouldn't even look at them.

TA to realise I'm probably guilty of accidentally doing a Mairead Mc Guinness myself . Probably not if I actually heard someone say hello . More like being far too deep in thought . Or trying too hard to avoid potential d1ckheads (strangers) that I overlook the nice ones .

The guilt :(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,265 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

TA to realise I'm probably guilty of accidentally doing a Mairead Mc Guinness myself . Probably not if I actually heard someone say hello . More like being far too deep in thought . Or trying too hard to avoid potential d1ckheads (strangers) that I overlook the nice ones .

The guilt :(

I think once of the times was at the ploughing or something similar. They were no protests/etc. She just thought she was above people.(Now she could be lovely).

• Registered Users Posts: 44 eurozonelady

You did say trivial so....

when people don´t cover their mouths while coughing
    when my husband walks around the house leaving all the lights on
    shop assistants etc who don´t give you any eye contact at the checkout

I think once of the times was at the ploughing or something similar. They were no protests/etc. She just thought she was above people.(Now she could be lovely).

I don't actually know who she is tbh...been accused of that myself ...implied anyway . i don't even recogise people , i have occasional memory problems . would happily talk to anyone actually . Some people seem very ready to think I dislike them. it's odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭4Ad

Trivial alarm clock in 5 hours time ! Aghhh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

The cow outside having no respect for the fact that it's a bank holiday Monday.
    The birds having no respect for the fact that it's a bank holiday Monday.
    The local dogs having no respect for the fact that it's a bank holiday Monday.
    My internal clock having no respect for the fact that it's a bank holiday Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Having to get up at 5:00 to go to work on a wet, miserable, bank holiday Monday.

Weather.

What's the point of weather anyway .

hmph.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭gifted

Shopping

Clothes shopping

Girls clothes shopping

Girls clothes shopping in Penneys

Girls clothes shopping in Penneys in Liffey Valley Dublin

Take me now God!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

:D stay strong brother.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

gifted wrote: »
    Shopping

Clothes shopping

Girls clothes shopping

Take me now God!!!!

Yes...yes...yes!

My daughter always threw any old thing on... then went to Edinburgh about 6 weeks ago...and she went clothes nuts...like a fecking whirling dervish in the shops... spent yesterday darting from ship to shop in Opera lane before Penneys.. Debenhams and Dunnes....I'm broke and broken :D

And I've only the one!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Quick question : I was driving through town today when a little girl (around 6 or 7) pressed the button on the pedestrian lights while walking past with her mam. They went red and I had to wait, while the little girl glanced over her shoulder and gave a smug smile. Would running her over have been an over-reaction?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

On mondays, killing people is never an over-reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,081 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Quick question : I was driving through town today when a little girl (around 6 or 7) pressed the button on the pedestrian lights while walking past with her mam. They went red and I had to wait, while the little girl glanced over her shoulder and gave a smug smile. Would running her over have been an over-reaction?

Preferably run the mother over who should have been minding her .

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

Went to the gym this morning for first time in months as I’ve been doing mostly running lately. On the treadmill, all the others were free and some guy decided to use the one right beside mine. Then tried to chat to me. G’way outta that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

Boss being a total unnecessary dick to me and a colleague during a meeting. Scolding us like schoolchildren. Beginning to hate where I work, which isn’t something I thought I’d say.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Why oh why are there videos for everything? Clicked on a link expecting a recipe only to discover I need to watch some video (which didn't work either). Last time I checked one read a recipe unless it's complicated or it's by some some high faluting chef!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

People who dont say or post anything in a WhatsApp group, but when you check the settings they are nearly always first to read a message. Same goes for Snapchat. Never post anything, but are nearly always the first to see a pic.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Blisters, On your toes, your bunions, and even the sole of your foot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

One for the day that's in it - DIY and home/garden suppliers who close on a June bank holiday! I was flabbergasted to see McCarthy's in Tramore as quiet and empty as my pockets.

• Advertisement

gifted wrote: »
    Shopping

Clothes shopping

Girls clothes shopping

Take me now God!!!!

''I went to buy a dress , but I saw this purse, so I bought these shoes...''

I am one , but girl clothes shopping is a mystery to me

Why do I have to go with her, anyway ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

One for the day that's in it - DIY and home/garden suppliers who close on a June bank holiday! I was flabbergasted to see McCarthy's in Tramore as quiet and empty as my pockets.

On the flipside. People doing noisey outdoor work on a Sunday or bank holiday. Or unsociable hours. Neighbour here a few houses over last week sawing kindling at 8 on a Saturday morning. Wont be lighting fire again til end of September. Poor man cant sit down in his own house. Prick.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Cushtie

Forgetting to turn off the 7am alarm and waking up on a Bank Holiday Monday morning and there no need for it.

(Also forgetting to turn offf the 7.25 back up alarm and waking up all over again)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

When your clearly reading something, be it on a phone, newspaper, book, laptop etc. and someone keeps interrupting you making small talk..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Begrudgers that reek of jealousy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

keano25 wrote: »
    When your clearly reading something, be it on a phone, newspaper, book, laptop etc. and someone keeps interrupting you making small talk..

Or this :pac:

I don't know if it is something about their generation or what (also see it with people of similar age on public transport), but both of my parents (both 55) seem absolutely incapable of moderating their voice when on a telephone call. They bloody roar down the phone, and no matter how many times you explain to them that the person they're talking to is on the other end of the line and not on the ****ing moon it doesn't make a blind bit of difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,112 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I don't know if it is something about their generation or what (also see it with people of similar age on public transport), but both of my parents (both 55) seem absolutely incapable of moderating their voice when on a telephone call. They bloody roar down the phone, and no matter how many times you explain to them that the person they're talking to is on the other end of the line and not on the ****ing moon it doesn't make a blind bit of difference.

At least they don’t walk around with their heads stuck in a phone all day:rolleyes:

Hopefully.

At least they don’t walk around with their heads stuck in a phone all day:rolleyes:

Hopefully.

Actually they're both worse for being on their phones; I don't even have a smartphone. Anyways...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

''I went to buy a dress , but I saw this purse, so I bought these shoes...''

I am one , but girl clothes shopping is a mystery to me

Why do I have to go with her, anyway ?

Because pack mules aren't allowed in shops.

TA: Clothes shops that don't have partner seats.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement