Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

No grolsch in my tesco, some further reductions on spirits which would be only local to that shop.

They have a red spiced bacardi which was €16 the other day 700ml 40%, and it was down to €10 but all gone. Titos vodka was €22. Absolut Elyx was €24 (down from €60), Eristoff vodka was €9 something for 700ml but all gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Picked up a box of them up in O' briens today ,chap working there said they were flying out the door,on offer til monday.12 euro for 20,bb date is September 19.good deal,they are 22 euro in Tesco.

I never drank Rockshore what's it like?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,468 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Inoffensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Dunes selling 2 crates of 24-pack cans for €50, only with Bulmers, Carlsberg and Budweiser tho.
    Glad to see a new version of the new yellow/green can is back for Bulmers. That bright red/orange striped can that’s been around the past few years is awful looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Dunes selling 2 crates of 24-pack cans for €50, only with Bulmers, Carlsberg and Budweiser tho.
    Glad to see a new version of the new yellow/green can is back for Bulmers. That bright red/orange striped can that’s been around the past few years is awful looking.

So now we're fussy about how the cans look.:). "THE BOOM IS BACK BABY" :):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

So now we're fussy about how the cans look.:). "THE BOOM IS BACK BABY" :):)

Nope. But I just couldn’t figure out, from a marketing perspective, who or how in Bulmers came up with that horrible rebrand a few years ago?? Hope this new can is the beginning of that old being phased out completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,468 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Anyway there's always glasses - they make all cans equal.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Harp in a new skin

Scoured another Tesco tonight, got 70cl absokut vanilla for 10, small wine for 1.20 and smirnoff lime 70cl for 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,041 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Very watery... Like diluted lager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Got two slabs today with a voucher which made them 83 cents a pop, I couldn't care less about the color of the can at that price.

Got two 1 itre bottles of Smirrnoff for 20 europeans each with another voucher, they've change the label on them too. A similar amount of fcuks are given.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,880 ✭✭✭patrickc

lots of craft beers on offer in Tesco Carlow. cans and bottles. cheapest was €1.20

• Registered Users Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭highdef

rubadub wrote: »
    No grolsch in my tesco, some further reductions on spirits which would be only local to that shop.

They have a red spiced bacardi which was €16 the other day 700ml 40%, and it was down to €10 but all gone. Titos vodka was €22. Absolut Elyx was €24 (down from €60), Eristoff vodka was €9 something for 700ml but all gone.

Got the last Absolut Elyx in Liffey Valley Tesco. Also, a bottle of London Soho gin for €18 - normally €40 or €45.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,338 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

An Irish budweiser.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭covey123

Any good Southern comfort deals out there?

covey123 wrote: »
    Any good Southern comfort deals out there?

Check your local Tesco. Think some stores dropping Southern Comfort black and selling off at discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭covey123

Thanks for that.Do you know how the black version compares to the original?never tried it

covey123 wrote: »
    Thanks for that.Do you know how the black version compares to the original?never tried it

Fraid not... someone had already bagged what was left in my tesco on a bargain hunt!
    Says online it has stronger whiskey flavour to it.

Regular SoCo is 20e in Tesco as a fallback.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

Lidl have a craft beer sale on from yesterday, May 3rd.

The 4 for €6 offers look good.

https://www.lidl.ie/en/special-offers.htm?id=822&week=1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

You after having a few too many already? It's June :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

Yellow Dog wrote: »
    Lidl have a craft beer sale on from yesterday, May 3rd.

The 4 for €6 offers look good.

https://www.lidl.ie/en/special-offers.htm?id=822&week=1

Be careful guys some of these beers are 10.5%!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

thanks for the heads up, I'd be livid if I ended up stung with the weak stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭adam240610

I love the Belgian draak, will have to stock up, bargain with four for nine euro

• Registered Users Posts: 2,860 ✭✭✭De Bhál

I drank the Belgian beer gift set one Friday night.
    The hangover the next day was spectacular. This stuff tastes gorgeous and is easy to drink.

It was a rookie error really as I wasn't really aware of the percentage until I was three in.

Stormer of a hangover

My local Tesco have some more stuff on offer. Brewdog pony 330ml bottles 1.18 etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Anyone know if the dunnes €25 slabs finished yesterday or are they on offer until tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭sceach16

magentis wrote: »
    Anyone know if the dunnes €25 slabs finished yesterday or are they on offer until tomorrow?

AFAIK it finished on 4 June but a visit is the only way to be certain. The 25% back on points for wine ditto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

sceach16 wrote: »
    AFAIK it finished on 4 June but a visit is the only way to be certain. The 25% back on points for wine ditto.

Thought as much!

Doing a bit of rooting around,I found supervalu are doing 2 x 12 packs of 500ml bulmers for €25(offer expires today)that will do me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

TheDriver wrote: »
    My local Tesco have some more stuff on offer. Brewdog pony 330ml bottles 1.18 etc

Where's that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Johnny Drama_11

mfceiling wrote: »
    Where's that?

I have seen them at that price in Tesco Omni and Clarehall (none left the last time I checked in Clarehall).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement