Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf Post Game Feedback Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

fixxxer wrote: »
    If we had a closed night in the Hunger games, we could run it during that phase with a locked daylight phase. They'd compliment each other like yin and Yang.

:pac::pac::pac:

I'll let you arrange that with Kolido and the other mods :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

I loved the closed nights, I was panicked enough about not being able to keep up, on the nights the thread was closed I'd wake up the next morning with dread and then remember there could be no posts and the relief would just wash over me!! I'd have liked it if it was actual nights closed and not just game nights, but I realise that's pretty me specific. When I got into bursts where I could play I really enjoyed it, I felt player volume and higher post count was a hindrance. I also felt the 36 hr days were good, some days i was glad of them cos I had no time but others I thought "with 36 hours now these buckos are totally going to suss me and QB before the next lynch!" I had too much faith in ye!! :P I think the pros and cons balance each other out in that regard so they're probably a good length

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Necro wrote: »
    Actually we had one breach of the 100 post limit :D I won't reveal the offender though, it wasn't a massive deal.

I think sKeith capped out at 100 posts in one phase as well.

But yeah maybe it was too high, the thing about post limits is that I don't want them to actively hinder the village trying to solve the game. But I guess if everyone is working to the same parameters a reduction is fair.

Thanks for all the feedback though, definitely a few things to take away and improve on for other games.
    think i capped out at 96 or 97, i had spares for emergency posts.

I do believe a min post count should have been in effect and player not reaching 5 posts per day phase be subbed out or modkilled.

5 posts in 36 hours is low commitment from anybody.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Maybe the burnout isn’t too bad - game is over 24hrs now and I’m already a little refreshed and considering signing up for hunger games.

I do think something could be added to spice things up if the same was done again though. Even introducing some sort of on thread competition in the last week akin to gold rush in deadwood where guns etc could be won.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Hunger Games Feedback

So. Questions. Comments. Critiques.

Be brave!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

sullivlo wrote: »
    So. Questions. Comments. Critiques.

Be brave!

I never want to be put in that position again!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

kitten_k wrote: »
    I never want to be put in that position again!!

Sorry :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

But apart from that I really enjoyed it. Never been involved in a end game like that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I know that pain. I think I've been there twice. BTTF and a recent Vanilla one anyway. It's fun, but stressful for sure.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I'm weird in that I LOVE endgame (probably cos I rarely ever get there). Totally get why others would find it stressful though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Necro wrote: »
    I'm weird in that I LOVE endgame (probably cos I rarely ever get there). Totally get why others would find it stressful though :)

It's ok Necro. We all agree you're weird. ;):)

Ectoplasm wrote:
    It's ok Necro. We all agree you're weird.

Would you believe I actually was going to include that in my post :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I left posting this while the game was in progress, its over now so I’m happy to post it.
    I’ve only been on the FG website a short time but I’ve found it to be very friendly and welcoming.
    During the game there was a very aggressive post made in response to (what I felt was) an innocuous enough post of mine. I reacted calling it out for what I thought it was, I said aggression like that was acting like a w@nker. The post that followed was just downright abusive. I wouldn’t let someone speak to me like that in RL so I don’t see why I should here.
    I play these games for enjoyment and abuse like that directed towards anyone is unacceptable IMO. There was an apology the following morning, not to me, but for getting angry and then an interaction where the person in question made it be known that they felt it was dealt with in the background and shouldn’t be raised again. In fact it was directly put to them about an apology not being issued immediately, that caused another unnecessary row.
    I haven’t looked up the anon account so I’m not sure which user it was.
    I know people might say I have no right to complain about something like this as I fly fairly close to the wind with my jokes and humour (or what passes for humour) wouldn’t be to everybody’s liking. In RL and here I make a conscious effort to never make a personal comment about anyone, jokey or malicious in nature. For me theres a huge difference.
    As someone new to this forum it comes across that you know each other very well, get on very well and like I said its been very welcoming. Something like this would make me think twice about signing up for another game, I don’t play to be spoken to like that. I’d imagine other newcomers would feel the same.
    I don’t expect any response from the mods or anyone else really, there was a card issued at the time, dealt with in full IMO. I just wanted it noted that the yellow card didn’t stop this, today I’m pathetic for not wanting to engage with him. In a game which is all about language, words like pathetic and stupid stand out.

G&R

Green&Red wrote: »
    I left posting this while the game was in progress, its over now so I’m happy to post it.
    I’ve only been on the FG website a short time but I’ve found it to be very friendly and welcoming.
    During the game there was a very aggressive post made in response to (what I felt was) an innocuous enough post of mine. I reacted calling it out for what I thought it was, I said aggression like that was acting like a w@nker. The post that followed was just downright abusive. I wouldn’t let someone speak to me like that in RL so I don’t see why I should here.
    I play these games for enjoyment and abuse like that directed towards anyone is unacceptable IMO. There was an apology the following morning, not to me, but for getting angry and then an interaction where the person in question made it be known that they felt it was dealt with in the background and shouldn’t be raised again. In fact it was directly put to them about an apology not being issued immediately, that caused another unnecessary row.
    I know people might say I have no right to complain about something like this as I fly fairly close to the wind with my jokes and humour (or what passes for humour) wouldn’t be to everybody’s liking. In RL and here I make a conscious effort to never make a personal comment about anyone, jokey or malicious in nature. For me theres a huge difference.
    As someone new to this forum it comes across that you know each other very well, get on very well and like I said its been very welcoming. Something like this would make me think twice about signing up for another game, I don’t play to be spoken to like that. I’d imagine other newcomers would feel the same.
    I don’t expect any response from the mods or anyone else really, there was a card issued at the time, dealt with in full IMO. I just wanted it noted that the yellow card didn’t stop this, today I’m pathetic for not wanting to engage with him. In a game which is all about language, words like pathetic and stupid stand out.

G&R

Thanks for your honesty G&R. There will be follow up on this with the non anon accounts. Don't worry.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Posted this elsewhere, but might be of interest here too:
    quickbeam wrote: »
    Okay, an analysis based on the last game, Hunger Games. Taking the start as 26th May at 14:27 when Sully gave the go, and the end of each player's time being the time the notice of their death was posted, only 7 out of 24 players posted more than 50 posts per day (obviously that's calendar days, and is a bit skewed with the speed days Thursday and Friday). That's without trying. So 50 posts per day is reasonable but should cut out the more loquacious of players.

Player|Final Post Count|Date ended|Days Lasted|Posts per Day
    Henry WW|573|30-May 21:04|4.3|134
    Gabriel WW|346|29-May 10:03|2.8|122.8
    Phil WW|421|30-May 14:35|4|105.1
    Conor WW|398|31-May 18:37|5.2|76.9
    Eva WW|153|28-May 21:03|2.3|67.3
    Clodagh WW|203|29-May 21:06|3.3|61.9
    Frank WW|229|30-May 10:04|3.8|60
    ||||
    Liam WW|179|30-May 17:57|4.1|43.2
    Gertrude WW|167|30-May 12:54|3.9|42.4
    Brendan WW|161|31-May 16:02|5.1|31.8
    Steve WW|87|29-May 10:03|2.8|30.9
    Desmond WW|38|27-May 20:54|1.3|30
    Doris WW|144|31-May 18:37|5.2|27.8
    Angus WW|118|30-May 21:04|4.3|27.6
    Jake WW|134|31-May 18:37|5.2|25.9
    Wendy WW|100|30-May 16:00|4.1|24.6
    Oisin WW|29|27-May 21:06|1.3|22.7
    Fiona WW|28|28-May 10:02|1.8|15.4
    Barbara WW|46|30-May 12:54|3.9|11.7
    Tegan WW|21|28-May 10:02|1.8|11.6
    Riona WW|49|31-May 13:33|5|9.9
    Holly WW|17|28-May 10:02|1.8|9.4
    Abigail WW|6|27-May 10:01|0.8|7.4
    Mary WW|2|27-May 10:01|0.8|2.5

[Necro, I'm disappointed ]

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Im not quite as impartial as i would like on this one as i also had a heated discussion with Brendan during the game, but the only thing i will say G&R is that issues around abuse are, in my experience as a player and mod, thankfully rare in FG; and WW especially.

As regards the hostility/aggression on thread while I don't think I've been guilty of directing it at anyone I have DEFINITELY felt it at some.point or another while playing...Even in this game I got really angry at one point but I may be lucky in that my default response is to be sarcy and go and sulk for a while. Others are more direct. It can be important to remember that tone is hard to detect with text and what one person considers reasonable might not be ok to someone else and vice versa. Best course of action - rather than calling out someone and possibly escalating things - is probably to step back from the PC.

What I'm saying is that while it's not acceptable and people should do their best to rein it in, maybe it is understandable in the heat of the moment. It can be a stressful game to play. Hopefully everyone can apologise, move on and do their best to avoid a repeat.

I'd hate to see anyone not play as a result but at the end of the day it is each person's choice to make for themselves.

And there endeth the sermon (playing a priest may have gone to my head ;) )

Ecto, with all respect, I’m not sure what tone “are you blind as well as stupid” could be said in that would make it ok. Likewise with pathetic.

There’s been no apology despite Baggly making a pointed reference to it

• Advertisement

My reference was to my own apology GnR; i simply wanted to make sure he had seen it to try to deescalate the situation. I wasnt shaming the player at all. Sully modded the situation and has said there will be follow up, so i was not trying to get a dig in and make a pointed reference to it, fyi.

Ecto, with all respect, I’m not sure what tone “are you blind as well as stupid” could be said in that would make it ok. Likewise with pathetic.

Also please take a step back. You called one of my questions in Peehs stupid - i could have taken offence here too - but i assumed the tone wasn't disrespectful.

Again, im not modding this one, so this is me speaking as a player.

Ok. So I wasn't addressing any specific instance, I was talking in generalities quite deliberately.

I'll leave it there.

Baggly wrote: »

Also please take a step back. You called one of my questions in Peehs stupid - i could have taken offence here too - but i assumed the tone wasn't disrespectful.

Again, im not modding this one, so this is me speaking as a player.

I’ll leave it at this
    I called your question stupid, at no stage did I suggest you were

G&R

You're own posting style was terrible at times through-out the game. That sanitary towel comment was not only sexist, juvenile, but also completely dated and unoriginal. You then accuse me of plagiarism even though I attributed the term to you/someone else?

For my part, I admitted that the 'red mist' came down and I reacted poorly with my first post. I'm more than confident that players who are familiar with my style in the long-term would recognise that it was an extreme minority occurrence. I took my card and assured mods that I was done escalating the tensions in game. Specifically though, because I didn't do it yet, I am sorry to you G&R for that initial outburst.

I got slapped for that language rightfully, but not only did you thank the mod warning for unacceptable language, you then went and called me a wanker. We don't need to get into the judging what is worse, but I told another player to f**k off in a game of WW. It has happened in games. You returning fire with 'wanker' does not so much. That is why that second post which offends you most clearly is, in all honestly and admission, the work of the wanker that you called me. It fully deserves the card and whatever else follows it. By then, you deserved that response IMO for your own level of shots fired. All I regret is that I stooped that low.

You brought that level and the name calling into it, you reacted to my poor first post by thanking a mod warning about language, and then proceed to call me wanker. And you have the cheek to say you wouldn't let someone talk to you a certain way IRL?

Not only your 'sanitary towel' comment, your own language through-out the game leaves you in a glass house where you are now throwing stones IMHO. You told Wendy to 'back the f**k down' with her axe plan, called Clodagh a 'f**king head the ball', and by endgame there were even more 'f**ks' out of you. You made that sexist comment. Another time attributed racism to Dublin Andy/Clodagh for what was clearly a light-hearted post, all just unnecessary things which can grate on other players.

You are quite a new player, I've never played with you before so it's unfortunate it's gone this way although we had amicable interactions during Deadwood. I was delighted to mod a game in April that brought in 3 new players and see them take to the overall forum. I was disappointed to see a new player leave similar feedback to your own in a game I wasn't related to last Summer. I honestly get no joy out of seeing you reconsider your WW future G&R.

Apologies to all for my initial outburst, but I really don't think you're as clean in the overall furore as you portray. Unfortunately I am afk and haven't seen the rest of feedback or what else has been posted, but since it's been brought up by G&R, I have to say my part.

O **** I called Bounty and Pete ****ers in the back room but in my head it was kinda like ah ye ****ers why didn't ye help. Like i'd say that to my friends in a non insulting non aggressive kind of way.

So I best apologise if it came across aggressive,

Its just my ah lads (except tonally its meant to be im dissapointed in them)

Ah but sure you are an auld ************** anyway Mick.

Baggly wrote: »
    Ah but sure you are an auld ************** anyway Mick.

Just don't insult the sport of golf and Mick doesn't mind what you call him ;)

Can I just say (briefly, more in depth review tomorrow) that I thought the flavour was excellent in this.

Thematically perfect and not revealing too much information. I thought the decision to keep the same lynch post each night was a great idea.

Also may the mods be never in your favour, loved it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Attack the post, not the poster :)

Advertisement