Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2019 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

21,2c in Arklow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Nearest Wunderground station to me says 18 degrees currently in Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Very warm and humid here in D14. Horrible sweaty weather but a nice change from the cold all the same. Hopefully the second half of June dries up because early indications are a wet start to the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Awful morning again, pouring down. Off to Dublin airport after work, looking like mid to high 20's for the weekend :cool:

Make sure not to bring the rain over here in Dublin! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Artane2002 wrote: »
    Make sure not to bring the rain over here in Dublin! :D

You are welcome to ours, we have enough and to spare.. west mayo offshre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

20c in kildare. Looks like Wexford the place to be again

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

19C here now at Dunshaughlin, making this the warmest day of the month, up to today the warmest day of the month was only 18C on Wednesday 15th of May.

pad199207 wrote: »
    20c in kildare. Looks like Wexford the place to be again

What DO YOU not like about south Wicklow:D

21.8c currently in Arklow
    No need to drive any further!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,509 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Gonzo wrote: »
    19C here now at Dunshaughlin, making this the warmest day of the month, up to today the warmest day of the month was only 18C on Wednesday 15th of May.

Dunsany's max temps for previous Mays

2019 (so far): 19.5c
    2018: 22.1c
    2017: 25.0c
    2016: 21.0c
    2015: 17.5c
    2014: 19.5c
    2013: 19.1c
    2012: 22.2c
    2011: 17.5c
    2010: 23.9c
    2009: 22.1c

Data from Met Éireann.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭highdef

Very blustery in North kildare with some gusts that must be near F7. Mainly cloudy, the odd short sunny instance. Mild on paper at a little over 19c but the wind making it rather unpleasant. Have had much better days in the past few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

23.1c now in Dublin 16. Breezy.

DOCARCH wrote: »
    23.1c now in Dublin 16. Breezy.

Oh you urban heat island you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

An exceptionally miserable day in Galway city. Feels like it's November, except warmer!

Mortelaro wrote: »
    What DO YOU not like about south Wicklow:D

21.8c currently in Arklow
    No need to drive any further!

There’s nice scenery :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

still deluging out here and still blustery. the garden etc are ... well watered anyways

west mayo offshore floodplain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭Hooter23

23 degrees in south east england today and 27 by Saturday and yet they always complain about the weather...they dont know how good they have it:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Hooter23 wrote: »
    23 degrees in south east england today and 27 by Saturday and yet they always complain about the weather...they dont know how good they have it:rolleyes:

Most English don't know the meaning of a bad summer. They have it real good most year's compared to us, not saying they have great summers every year, but they do get much more sunnier, warmer days than we do. They have a classic saying 'Three Hot Days and a Thunderstorm', we rarely get hot days and we don't get thunderstorms, except maybe once every 35 years.

The north-west of England and most of Scotland is more like us tho.

rain here again, things looked like they were improving earlier on, but back to grey slate skys and drizzly muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Up to 23mm of rain now in Castlebar, we should easily break 50mm between today and yesterday by midnight, it has basically been non stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

To me this is pretty typical early summer weather. I was in secondary school in the late 80s and early 90s and June’s weather was often dull overcast and cool. Those of us who love the heat love the sun the balmy evenings have to get out of the country to get it realistically. The next few weeks see the longest days but that effing cloud and wind really ruins it to an extent.

• Advertisement

You can bet your bottom dollar that the sun will come out just before sunset and then disappear from us again below the horizon.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

It’s like the middle of winter
    Depressing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

To me this is pretty typical early summer weather. I was in secondary school in the late 80s and early 90s and June’s weather was often dull overcast and cool. Those of us who love the heat love the sun the balmy evenings have to get out of the country to get it realistically. The next few weeks see the longest days but that effing cloud and wind really ruins it to an extent.

I would have said the opposite tbh, I've always seen April through to early June as the sunniest and driest time of year, one we get to late June it usually goes back to the usual crap.

Utterly miserable still in Letterkenny for what it's worth, pouring down non stop all day. Second time this week we've had 48+ hours of persistent rain

I would have said the opposite tbh, I've always seen April through to early June as the sunniest and driest time of year, one we get to late June it usually goes back to the usual crap.

Utterly miserable still in Letterkenny for what it's worth, pouring down non stop all day. Second time this week we've had 48+ hours of persistent rain

unfortunately there is going to be very little let up in the rain particularly for the north-west of Ireland in the coming few days, with rain more of less continuous between now and tomorrow night, brief respite on Saturday morning before more rain and showers becomes established on Saturday and Sunday and on into Monday.

Not as bad in the south and east, but everywhere prone to rain at times over the next few days, I don't think anywhere will escape with a dry day.

Will be tough watching England and Wales go through a mini heatwave this weekend, but even there the good weather is set to end on Sunday or Monday and we'll all be in the same boat next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Grand day in Cork again. Overcast but very mild.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Honestly man, how do you live up there? Is it just constantly raining?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

We had to circle for 30 minutes due to the weather this morning. Thank goodness we did not have to go to Shannon. It was proably like that 33 years ago as well.

2016-05-28_lif_21378761_I3.JPG

There will be no shortage of rain nationwide into the first half of June. Next week brings a cool to cold and unsettled spell, followed by possibly a significant increase in temperatures towards next weekend and beyond, but a continuation of unsettled conditions throughout.

Just looking at the Cork run today, and it really does look very wet indeed. Dublin only looks slightly drier. Even the south-east of England has a wet outlook, but they also have some crazy hot outlying runs.

It does appear that much of continental Europe is going to have a decent heatwave this June, with an intense plume of heat coming out of Africa and making it's way north-eastwards, this could clip parts of the UK, but I suspect it will completely miss Ireland. We could end up in a very mild to warm and unsettled mix into the middle of June, but that's way off in FI for now.

show_diagrams.php?geoid=64998&model=gfs&var=201&run=12&lid=ENS&bw=

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

For the next few weeks it looks like the usual north west- south east split in Summer time - The south east of England will get the best of any drier weather, but looks unsettled overall as well. It will be interesting to see if yan sno's prediction for July comes to pass

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,509 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Probably because most of those Junes were pretty rubbish. Junes 1987, 1990 and 1991 were dire. I think 1987 and or 1990 were among the dullest Junes on record along with 1955.

Advertisement