Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2019 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Sweet soft music of heavy rain... Long may it last, refreshing the air and nourishing the thirsty earth.

My garden is dry and this will push growth on now...

west mayo offshore

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

Humid drizzly start

• Registered Users Posts: 24,278 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

do have to say that the alternating rain/sun pattern of the last month or so has done wonders for the garden but not much use when you can't get out there to enjoy it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Graces7 wrote: »
    Sweet soft music of heavy rain... Long may it last, refreshing the air and nourishing the thirsty earth.

My garden is dry and this will push growth on now...

west mayo offshore

Are you some kind of parody account or something?
    Anyway, another miserable day in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

weather.jpg

FML

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

another disappointing day, cool and wet. If there is a bright side, at least the next few days will get milder, before next weeks cool and wet spell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Kutebride

So dismal today. Meath.
    Inlaws had the shorts packed! Flying in from UK hoping for sunny bank holiday. Don't think it's shorts weather. They should stay put. Looking sunny for the weekend in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Yep cloudy, breezy and wet in my area of meath to, hopefully it'll dry up later so i can get out on the bike

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭esposito

Gonzo wrote: »
    another disappointing day, cool and wet. If there is a bright side, at least the next few days will get milder, before next weeks cool and wet spell.

To be honest, I don’t mind if the next few weeks are cool and showery if it means we get a warm and sultry July.

We are also well overdue a warm and sunny August. Will this year finally be the one?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

A bleak and miserable day all day in Galway city. Real claggy, warm front type weather with clouds down to the ground and sideways mist and drizzle😒

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

13mm of rain so far in Castlebar today and it looks like another 20-30mm by the end of the month, it is really making up for the highly unusual dry conditions we had for the majority of the month.

A yellow blight warning out as well till Saturday.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Kutebride wrote: »
    So dismal today. Meath.
    Inlaws had the shorts packed! Flying in from UK hoping for sunny bank holiday. Don't think it's shorts weather. They should stay put. Looking sunny for the weekend in the UK.

yep they should have stayed at home, England/Wales are once again worlds apart from Ireland when it comes to the weather over the next week, they have summer, we have late autumn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Suns came out in Arklow now
    Temp is responding
    Currently 18c
    Not bad at all

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Status Yellow - Rainfall warning for Donegal, Galway, Leitrim, Mayo and Sligo

For the rest of Wednesday and all of Thursday, persistent and occasionally heavy rain at times with a risk of localised flooding. Amounts will be highest in coastal areas and on hills and mountains.

Valid: Wednesday 29 May 2019 14:00 to Thursday 30 May 2019 23:59

Issued: Wednesday 29 May 2019 14:00

Updated: Wednesday 29 May 2019 14:00

Approaching 20c now in Arklow in the sun and Breeze
    Starting to feel Balmy:D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Xenji wrote: »
    13mm of rain so far in Castlebar today and it looks like another 20-30mm by the end of the month, it is really making up for the highly unusual dry conditions we had for the majority of the month.

A yellow blight warning out as well till Saturday.

So much needed by farmers and growers. A real blessing . The ground is so dry deep down and holding back growth. My potatoes are not sprouting . a few wet days will help greatly. Has been deluging nearly all day out here.

still drizzly muck here at Dunshaughlin, hasn't lifted at any stage, a very wet and miserable day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,880 ✭✭✭pauldry

Rain today but Garavogue almost completely dried up so I reckon oceans of rain until July now to make up.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Rotten
    The drought is over
    ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

been dry all day in cork city, mild aswell but overcast

• Registered Users Posts: 3,828 ✭✭✭acequion

Seems like normal service has completely resumed with miserable Atlantic muck in the west, while much nicer in the sunny south east and proper summer over further east in England.

Days like today are the reason why so many Irish don't holiday in Ireland. And thankfully I've a sun holiday of my own to look forward to from Monday. But will I be returning to this two weeks later? Very depressing if so. :(

As another poster said,this might be the year we get a later summer! Fingers crossed because this is truly awful.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Hooter23

I am going on a rain holiday to ireland:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,278 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

acequion wrote: »
    Seems like normal service has completely resumed with miserable Atlantic muck in the west, while much nicer in the sunny south east and proper summer over further east in England.

Days like today are the reason why so many Irish don't holiday in Ireland. And thankfully I've a sun holiday of my own to look forward to from Monday. But will I be returning to this two weeks later? Very depressing if so. :(

As another poster said,this might be the year we get a later summer! Fingers crossed because this is truly awful.:(

It is getting seriously concerning now

I can't stomach a summer hearing about day after day of 25 degrees in the South of England when we're faced with an overcast 16 degrees

• Registered Users Posts: 6,880 ✭✭✭pauldry

Yes droughts over.

So is Summer in Northwest.

It wont be that dry here again until likely November or August if we are lucky. Low after low on charts for first 2 weeks of June.

Now we might catch Markree though we are 29mm and they are 60mm

latest ensemble run for Dublin shows a very unsettled few weeks ahead.

The ensemble runs for the west are even wetter.

looks like after a few very cool days next week, things may warm up considerably after June 7th with some outlining members showing temperatures getting close to +15C at 850hpa and one reaching 21C at 850hpa.

my guess is we may end up on the edge of some warm weather with England and Wales possibly getting a heatwave at some point during June.

ens_image.php?geoid=64981&var=201&run=12&date=2019-05-29&model=gfs&member=ENS&bw=

• Registered Users Posts: 13,511 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Looks very 2017-esque. I don't like the sound of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

lawred2 wrote: »
    It is getting seriously concerning now

I can't stomach a summer hearing about day after day of 25 degrees in the South of England when we're faced with an overcast 16 degrees

We had a wonderful summer last year and people were wishing it away after a few days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Certainly been no drought or dry soils here in Donegal, another miserable wet day after a brief respite yesterday, rained pretty much non stop from Thursday night through to Tuesday afternoon before that. Haven't got any stats but would suspect its already a wetter than average month here even before todays rain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,511 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Certainly been no drought or dry soils here in Donegal, another miserable wet day after a brief respite yesterday, rained pretty much non stop from Thursday night through to Tuesday afternoon before that. Haven't got any stats but would suspect its already a wetter than average month here even before todays rain

Finner Camp and Malin Head both below average rainfall up to May 28th with 38.0mm and 41.6mm respectively compared to their averages of 77.2mm and 58.4mm respectively.

Advertisement