Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf - The Hunger Games

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Henry WW wrote: »
    Agree

It was the backroom, which i told everyone about, while under no pressure, yesterday.

Bolded bit: that scans for me. The sponsors have poison and medicine to hand out each day. Can this be used to clear someone? I mean if a wolf got the meds on d1, they could have just not used it and gotten an extra kill. Whomever healed on D1 would be village lean, imo (unless they played it to heal so they could claim village cred).

Unbolded bit: Agree. Noone is lock clear.

Fair enough. But why was that a secret? Every player has a backroom?

Does anyone want to own up to having been trapped, or helping those trapped and stabbed with their medicine?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    Fair enough. But why was that a secret? Every player has a backroom?

Does anyone want to own up to having been trapped, or helping those trapped and stabbed with their medicine?

I was gauging reactions, tbh.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    Tegan WW wrote: »
    Have you confirmed when “end of next phase” is? I would have assumed it refers to day phase and night phase which means you’d die at end of night phase. If that’s the case you may need to get your affairs in order for 9.59

End of next phase = next lynch. Confirmed.

So evils are striving for an extra kill imo.

I’m just a bit dubious on this stabbing thing. We didn’t get any notification of the stabbing but we got notification of somebody using poison and somebody killing Desmond (obviously a kill has to be announced) and somebody being trapped. That seems to account for three of the 4 gifts that have been handed out.

I’m not saying you are lieing , I’m just putting down my sentiments on this in case anything happens to me at munch.

Tegan WW wrote: »
    Have you confirmed when “end of next phase” is? I would have assumed it refers to day phase and night phase which means you’d die at end of night phase. If that’s the case you may need to get your affairs in order for 9.59

End of next phase = next lynch. Confirmed.

So evils are striving for an extra kill imo.

I’m just a bit dubious on this stabbing thing. We didn’t get any notification of the stabbing but we got notification of somebody using poison and somebody killing Desmond (obviously a kill has to be announced) and somebody being trapped. That seems to account for three of the 4 gifts that have been handed out.

I’m not saying you are lieing , I’m just putting down my sentiments on this in case anything happens to me at munch.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Gert, we did get notification of the stabbing iirc. A few posts after he mentioned he had been.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

Players are reminded of Rule 5 in the OP.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Gertie the mods literally posted on thread a player had been wounded, what more confirmation do you need.

Unless someone else wants to claim they were wounded,and then healed...

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Gert....
    God dammit.

Save Eva.

Get stabbed for my troubles.

Anyone got some medicine?
    WerewolfGM wrote: »
    tumblr_ps41t5J2ON1w1iw5yo1_1280.jpg

A player has been wounded.

Liam WW wrote: »
    Can people please stop using the term lock clear. Nobody is lock clear. You might like what some are saying or how they are saying it but nobody is for sure team village yet and clearing them just makes you look dodgy imo

Maybe Conor could argue (and is really beating that drum) he is more clear than others but that’s about it. Don’t trust anyone. Remember how the last game ended

So Conor is “more clear” because he didn’t vote to save himself? Ok, that’s a fairly thin defence because there was chaos around lynch and a wolf who thinks they are gone, with a full team around them could of used the chaos to use that as a strategy to look villagey (alternative to claiming a role).

Again, not saying Conor is bad just that there are flaws in this logic. Trying to catch up before 10.

Jake WW wrote: »
    Gert....
    God dammit.

Save Eva.

Get stabbed for my troubles.

Anyone got some medicine?
    WerewolfGM wrote: »
    tumblr_ps41t5J2ON1w1iw5yo1_1280.jpg

A player has been wounded.

Thanks, I searched “stab” on forum so missed that.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

The stabbing / medicine thing from last night looks straight forward. Im inclined to believe Gabe was stabbed.

Only other theory i can propose (its not strong, im just putting it out there in case i die) is that Gabe is a wolf, he stabbed someone else, that person is trapped and cant respond, and he effectively got us to waste the medicine. Only reason i have to doubt Gabe is the timing of the announcement. He essentially pre-empted the mod announcement on thread.

Henry WW wrote: »
    Can people please stop using the term lock clear. Nobody is lock clear. You might like what some are saying or how they are saying it but nobody is for sure team village yet and clearing them just makes you look dodgy imo

Maybe Conor could argue (and is really beating that drum) he is more clear than others but that’s about it. Don’t trust anyone. Remember how the last game ended

Agree
    Conor WW wrote: »
    I'm glad you've established that nobody is lock clear

Except for me

Disagree
    On the flipside, whoever stabbed me will probably munch me this morning :/

But no extra kill for the wolves anyways, that's the main thing.

It will be a little suspect if they dont, wont it.
    Henry, you still haven't elaborated on your secret...? Do you have anything more to add to that?

It was the backroom, which i told everyone about, while under no pressure, yesterday.
    Jake WW wrote: »
    You sure it was a wolf thing btw?

Prizes were dished out yesterday, and a delayed bullet and medicine could have been one prize or two.

I’m super weary bout the fact both yourself and Conor seem to be using events to push yourselves as locked good (even though you are, seemingly, doing what I’d consider good work for the village over yesterday).

Bolded bit: that scans for me. The sponsors have poison and medicine to hand out each day. Can this be used to clear someone? I mean if a wolf got the meds on d1, they could have just not used it and gotten an extra kill. Whomever healed on D1 would be village lean, imo (unless they played it to heal so they could claim village cred).

Unbolded bit: Agree. Noone is lock clear.

Wolves could get both poison and medicine and choose to use both on a wolf to try and “clear” them. Not sure if that’s what you were saying but that’s what sticks out for me.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

So Conor is “more clear” because he didn’t vote to save himself? Ok, that’s a fairly thin defence because there was chaos around lynch and a wolf who thinks they are gone, with a full team around them could of used the chaos to use that as a strategy to look villagey (alternative to claiming a role).

Again, not saying Conor is bad just that there are flaws in this logic. Trying to catch up before 10.

I didn’t just not vote to save myself. Eva claimed she was RV, and I moved off although at the time it looked like it meant me being lynched. I did end up tied at the top.
    Literally zero upside for me, purely upside for the village.
    Even if Eva was to flip red I still did it with the village at heart. I could have just stayed where I was. If both Eva and I were wolves it would make even less sense for me to jump.

Conor WW wrote: »

I didn’t just not vote to save myself. Eva claimed she was RV, and I moved off although at the time it looked like it meant me being lynched. I did end up tied at the top.
    Literally zero upside for me, purely upside for the village.
    Even if Eva was to flip red I still did it with the village at heart. I could have just stayed where I was. If both Eva and I were wolves it would make even less sense for me to jump.

I can think of how wolves could manipulate the chaos yesterday but that’s fair enough. I have to work today to make up for yesterday so if I’m doing my job right you shouldn’t see much of me until later.

I really hate this boards skin on mobile!!!!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

yes I’m stuck with it now, was trying to help someone last night and now it won’t go away

Steve's ISO
    Steve WW wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I am voting Oisin, not based on Clodaghs steer, but on this post.

Very defensive..... too defensive.

To get accused and to counter with 'Clodagh reeks of a wolf' is not a good luck Ois.

Definitely the most aggressive entrance to the thread, diving onto Oisin calling him out based on his defensiveness. Does a wolf come out all guns blazing? Maybe if they see an easy target...
    Its how you choose to defned yourself.

Again, responding to Oisin explaining his reasons.
    No shenanigans on my part.

Oisins 2nd post was too defensive for my liking. My view is Clodagh poked and he took the bait as he was spooked.

Im happy with Oisin for the lynch at this current time unless others come to the forefront.

This is the first post of Steve's that's a bit iffy. His confidence on Oisin being the lynch before a munch has even taken place is weird.
    Again I ask myself does a wolf get very aggressive out the gate?

It's definitely possible, but let's keep reading.
    Id ignore it and see what Clodagh comes up with to back it up.

How he'd react to the accusation from Clodagh. Eh... kinda wolfy. I don't think Steve is a shrinking violet so I'm not sure he'd react the way he's saying he would, maybe I'm misjudging him.
    Possibly, at the very least we are taking with less fluff

Referring to day 0 having less fluff than normal I think. Doesn't like fluff is my impression. Probably explains the aggressive entrance ;)
    You accused her back? Do you really think shes a wolf just for accussing you?

Again pushing on Oisin. And I do agree with his sentiments here, Oisin never really elaborated on believing that Clodagh was a wolf and even admitted to pure OMGUS. Fair question.
    Clodagh claiming she knows things

Henrys got a secret

Oisin is panicked and ultra defensive

Its a good day zero

Brief synopsis of the day so far, feels villagery. Probably NAI though really.
    Could the long posts from Gertrude or Liam be tasks?

I sense its just flavour and enthusiasm but not ruling anything out.

Until told otherwise, I'm thinking there's no tasks.

I wont rule them out either way for good or bad yet. No reason to.

Next two posts kinda contradict each other - enquiring about Gertie and Liam possibly doing tasks, but then on the other hand saying there are no tasks. I can see this as light shade from a wolf, and then backtracking to hedge their bets letting others jump on them.
    How likely do you believe she is a wolf based off her posts?

I think this is about Clodagh, and it's a fair observation. People should be judging others on their posts (or lack of) and votes as it's the main data we have.
    What are you basing that on specifically, like which part of her play?

Asking me why I think Clodagh is village, again trying to get to the bottom of others reads. A good look.
    So by proxy they are good? I dont see it being necessarily good villager play.

More questions, this time to Phil about Conor and Henry. There's a lot of questions, I wonder if there's any solving or is Steve playing doubting Thomas.
    Why specifically are they in your good group?
    Again another question - so Steve likes to ask questions. Does he give any reads himself though.
    Doris, elaborate how i jumped on a bandwagon?

Was their a wagon to begin with?

Another question, this time to Doris. Interactions look good for Steve, he's not shirking from talking to anyone. Still... so many questions.
    Thats true that i came in and said i was going for him, but if you look carefully it was due to his response due to Clodaghs poking, which i believe was simply rustling feathers.

I stand by my assumption that hes panicked and in my eyes still my number one vote for lynch.

But there was no wagon, so dont say i jumped on one.

Finally, Stevie boy gives some elaboration. Not letting up on his read on Oisin. Fair enough, I can see his viewpoint.
    Clodaghs going for the aul double bluff

Reaction to Clodagh's quitting post. Eh.... NAI.
    If hes village im sure he has a good reason for his actions

Responding to me on challenging Henry and his cryptic stuff. We'll have to agree to differ, the cryptic stuff does no-one any good.
    Steves FFA1 in no order,

1. Eva
    2. Oisin
    3. No one

Evas been fluffy and Oisin for reasons stated earlier.

Blergh, I don't like this FFA. Fluffy and steadfast on Oisin. Open up Steve, let me in, let us see your mind and your reads at work. Who are your suspects now Oisin is dead and Eva has claimed RV?
    I can say I voted for Oisin around 740 tonight.

Confirming time of vote - possible attempt to hang Henry based off the original votes?
    No qualms about you voting for me. But if you actually looked at my post, i didnt follow Clodagh.

It was Oisins reaction to Clodaghs poke that grabbed my attention rather than me following Clo.

Steve again standing firm on his Oisin read. He's right too, Clodagh pulled back on her feelings on Oisin, Steve is first and foremost on Oisin all day essentially.
    Yet you posted to move off her eith time to spare
    All pre 9pm after he yelled to move off Eva
    Surely he could have found a moment to change his vote
    But you are trying to claim you tried to switch but you were too late?

Now your claiming you didnt switch cause she might be a wolf

These are his back and forth with Henry, I'm gonna say Henry and Steve are not team-mates anyways given the Spanish inquisition.
    Youve no idea whos been killed yet.... how do you know its been bad

Fair question to Henry I think. He can't possibly know who is who at the moment based off the game thread at least.
    I am reading and asking questions based on your posts.

And the final response to Steve. Yep, you do like your questions Steve.
    Im just invisible

Apologies about that.

Ok overall Steve gives me the heebie jeebies. It really depends on Oisin's alignment though. I'd like to see more solving from Steve, how his thought processes work rather than playing devil's advocate or Spanish Inquisitor all the time.

I'd put him in the null to light wolf range rn, but would upgrade him to town probably immediately if in fact Oisin is a wolf.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Steve's ISO

Definitely the most aggressive entrance to the thread, diving onto Oisin calling him out based on his defensiveness. Does a wolf come out all guns blazing? Maybe if they see an easy target...

Again, responding to Oisin explaining his reasons.

This is the first post of Steve's that's a bit iffy. His confidence on Oisin being the lynch before a munch has even taken place is weird.
    Again I ask myself does a wolf get very aggressive out the gate?

It's definitely possible, but let's keep reading.

How he'd react to the accusation from Clodagh. Eh... kinda wolfy. I don't think Steve is a shrinking violet so I'm not sure he'd react the way he's saying he would, maybe I'm misjudging him.

Referring to day 0 having less fluff than normal I think. Doesn't like fluff is my impression. Probably explains the aggressive entrance ;)

Again pushing on Oisin. And I do agree with his sentiments here, Oisin never really elaborated on believing that Clodagh was a wolf and even admitted to pure OMGUS. Fair question.

Brief synopsis of the day so far, feels villagery. Probably NAI though really.

Next two posts kinda contradict each other - enquiring about Gertie and Liam possibly doing tasks, but then on the other hand saying there are no tasks. I can see this as light shade from a wolf, and then backtracking to hedge their bets letting others jump on them.

I think this is about Clodagh, and it's a fair observation. People should be judging others on their posts (or lack of) and votes as it's the main data we have.

Asking me why I think Clodagh is village, again trying to get to the bottom of others reads. A good look.

More questions, this time to Phil about Conor and Henry. There's a lot of questions, I wonder if there's any solving or is Steve playing doubting Thomas.

Again another question - so Steve likes to ask questions. Does he give any reads himself though.

Another question, this time to Doris. Interactions look good for Steve, he's not shirking from talking to anyone. Still... so many questions.

Finally, Stevie boy gives some elaboration. Not letting up on his read on Oisin. Fair enough, I can see his viewpoint.

Reaction to Clodagh's quitting post. Eh.... NAI.

Responding to me on challenging Henry and his cryptic stuff. We'll have to agree to differ, the cryptic stuff does no-one any good.

Blergh, I don't like this FFA. Fluffy and steadfast on Oisin. Open up Steve, let me in, let us see your mind and your reads at work. Who are your suspects now Oisin is dead and Eva has claimed RV?

Confirming time of vote - possible attempt to hang Henry based off the original votes?

Steve again standing firm on his Oisin read. He's right too, Clodagh pulled back on her feelings on Oisin, Steve is first and foremost on Oisin all day essentially.

These are his back and forth with Henry, I'm gonna say Henry and Steve are not team-mates anyways given the Spanish inquisition.

Fair question to Henry I think. He can't possibly know who is who at the moment based off the game thread at least.

And the final response to Steve. Yep, you do like your questions Steve.

Apologies about that.

Ok overall Steve gives me the heebie jeebies. It really depends on Oisin's alignment though. I'd like to see more solving from Steve, how his thought processes work rather than playing devil's advocate or Spanish Inquisitor all the time.

I'd put him in the null to light wolf range rn, but would upgrade him to town probably immediately if in fact Oisin is a wolf.

Im humbled

#reads

Abigail WW - Munched Day 0
    Angus WW - Not sure off the top of my head.
    Barbara WW - Says she was tricked into voting Gabe by backroom (Henry) Could be a call out of innocence, but could also be a way to misdirect from her being wolfy. Null to very slightly wolfy at the moment.
    Brendan WW - Found his post with reads very staged and too well put together, like he’d been planning it for ages trying to make sure he didn’t slip up. Did several early posts which I need to review, but they seemed reasonable. Called me out on my play style. Null for now
    Clodagh WW - Comes right out of the gate voting oisin with zero reason. Has a bit of a meltdown due to RL (fair enough, we all get that) Comes back calm and has been interacting well. No clarification about Oisin target though. Slightly villagey
    Conor WW - Noticed the NRV issue with clodagh. Thinks I’m 40pockets because I’m agreeing with things I agree with. Jumped off Eva to saver her as RV. Villagey
    Desmond WW - Shot Day 1 - FWIW I thought he was villagery.
    Doris WW - Also wanted conversation on gifts and traps. Was AWOL for the chaotic scramble day 1. Then magically appears once the announcement is made. Slightly wolfy
    Eva WW - seemed quiet enough until she was in danger. Shouts that she’s an RV and votes go elsewhere. Will need to do something to prove to the village she is what she says she is, otherwise a likely lynch candidate. Munchers will also be looking at her if they know she’s not one of them. Villagey
    Frank WW - no read.
    Fiona WW - not sure off the top of my head.
    Gabriel WW - Spewing out a lot of content which i find has reasonable merit a lot of the time. Got stabbed. Got healed. Would like to know who healed him. Villagery for now.
    Gertrude WW - having trouble with the site, doesn’t seem to have had a lot to contribute which I can understand. Post this morning seem to be digging in reasonalbe directions. Villagy for now.
    Henry WW - noticed the NRV issue with clodagh. Seems wishy washy about his secret reasoning. Tricked babs into voting gabe. Seems like a lot of conversation is around his activity. CFD to get off EVA but didn’t actually change vote in time.
    Holly WW - not sure off the top of my head.
    Jake WW - not sure off the top of my head.
    Liam WW - Pretended to be dandy. Had a fun back and forth with him day 1. I thought his reaction was villagy, others thought it was wolfy. Null for now.
    Mary WW - Munched Day 0
    Oisin WW - Lynched Day 1
    Phil WW - Me - Villagey
    Riona WW - not sure off the top of my head.
    Steve WW - The way he hopped on Oisin didn’t sit right with me for the whole day. I voted for him as nothing anyone else did, stood out as dodgier.
    Tegan WW - not sure off the top of my head.
    Wendy WW - Off the top of my head villagy, but I can’t pinpoint why or remember any of her posts tbh.

Phil,

What doesnt sit right with you about how i interacted with Oisin

• Advertisement

Don't have time for another ISO so here's my updated reads:

Village (Tentative):

Village:
    Gabriel (me)
    Clodagh
    Wendy
    Conor

Wants to be in the village but can't just make it there:
    Tegan
    Phil
    Brendan

Unsure, need to be ISOed today:
    Frank
    Jake
    Fiona
    Angus

Have icky feelings about:
    Steve (depending on Oisin's flip)
    Riona
    Babs
    Liam
    Henry

Self resolving:
    Eva

Phil,

What doesnt sit right with you about how i interacted with Oisin

I've explained this. You jumped right in onto him, exactly like clodagh did. 1 person jumping on is dodgy enough. A second joining with no additional info, other than the person defending themselves from the initial accusation seems super suspect to me.

So if Osin is bad Gab, im good, but if Oisin us good Im bad.

Not great logic.

I could be bad and creating distance between myself and a wokf.

I could be good and just wrong about Oisin who might have been a panicked roled villager.

My hunch was that hes bad. Time will tell.

I've explained this. You jumped right in onto him, exactly like clodagh did. 1 person jumping on is dodgy enough. A second joining with no additional info, other than the person defending themselves from the initial accusation seems super suspect to me.

Why is that suspect?

Explain.

Not great logic.

I could be good and just wrong about Oisin who might have been a panicked roled villager.

You bus a wolf mate straight out the gate? Ok, fair enough if you want me to think that. Don't believe that's the case here.

You could still be the SK of course.

Not great logic.

Agree with this. Oisin's flip doesn't clear or indict him. I would be weary about making such calls, especially after the last game.

Let me in Steve into that head of yours.

Where's your thoughts today? Who's acting wolfy, who do you suspect....

Give me something Stevie boy

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

This is the logic that Conor has been pushing and pushing hard since he voted that way. I don't ike how hard he is pushing it to be honest but its why I have him at nuetral now while originally he was more suspected (hence my vote for him but that was early).

Let others clear you Conor, don't push it yourself, looks wolfy imo.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

BOOM!!!!!

Found a fix.

Clear your cache and cookies and go to a page that’s not the homepage as your first visit. I used the last game bookmark I had and hey presto, back to the old format!

• Advertisement

Steve are you backstage plotting to eat me :eek:

Advertisement