Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf - The Hunger Games

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Liam WW wrote: »
    Can people please stop using the term lock clear. Nobody is lock clear. You might like what some are saying or how they are saying it but nobody is for sure team village yet and clearing them just makes you look dodgy imo

Maybe Conor could argue (and is really beating that drum) he is more clear than others but that’s about it. Don’t trust anyone. Remember how the last game ended

I'm glad you've established that nobody is lock clear

Except for me

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Are you good now Gabe? If yes anyone want to claim the goodness. Would be good if a false claim comes don’t dispute it yet, build your evidence then kill with facts

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    Liam, could you explain this post? Its clearly a Dandy post yet Clodagh claims to be Dandy

Yeah I was having fun DAndy style like he did in the previous game don’t think he liked it though.

I’m on my phone and have a sh/t connection while traveling so yes my notes are kind of a garbled mess but I wanted to contribute what I had been noting down / thinking about if possible even if it’s a mess

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    Are you good now Gabe? If yes anyone want to claim the goodness. Would be good if a false claim comes don’t dispute it yet, build your evidence then kill with facts

:D

WerewolfGM wrote: »
    tumblr_ps41t5J2ON1w1iw5yo1_1280.jpg

A player has used medicine.

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

On the flipside, whoever stabbed me will probably munch me this morning :/

But no extra kill for the wolves anyways, that's the main thing.

I think we have an Ian to somebodies Myra here or a Rosemary to someone’s Fred but you’d have to be careful because one half is far superior to the other and is potentially creating a weight for their own legs. 

Will you break free or swim with the fishes?

Yeah I was having fun DAndy style like he did in the previous game don’t think he liked it though.

I’m on my phone and have a sh/t connection while traveling so yes my notes are kind of a garbled mess but I wanted to contribute what I had been noting down / thinking about if possible even if it’s a mess

I actually like your stream of consciousness notes, it gives off a very sincere vibe

Gabriel WW wrote: »

verbal diarrhea between now and then please, give us something to pick through if you do go at 10

verbal diarrhea between now and then please, give us something to pick through if you do go at 10

• Advertisement

Right I'm off to ISO a few players before 10am and my possible demise

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

I still harbour some hope, but we shall see.

But here's my village fwiw:

Village:
    Gabriel (me)
    Clodagh
    Wendy
    Conor

Wants to be in the village but can't just make it there:
    Tegan
    Phil
    Brendan

Unsure, need to ISO today:
    Frank
    Jake
    Fiona
    Angus

Have icky feelings about:
    Riona
    Babs
    Liam
    Henry

Self resolving:
    Eva

Im just invisible

Oops.

I'm gonna ISO you Steve in a few mins.

Brendan first though.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Morning All. Brendo, I see you've written some essay about me. Without going back through the whole thing I'll say the following.

Yes, most of my posts tend to be agreeing with other points. I do this conciously for 2 reasons.

1. I don't have the time or expertise to go into the detail that other people do. I prefer to get my thoughts down asap and let the really talented wolfhunters do the heavy lifting.

2. I have no alegences. I will call out anything that I think is either dodgy or factually relevant. whether it's by someone I suspect or someone I'm leaning wolf on.

I know that I can't contribute a lot of the true detective work that others can, so when I see something I agree with or disagree with I like to chime in so that those points have some more weight behind them, and if I die they can be reviewed.

On the other hand, I like to ask questions. I like to poke when I see something that I think might lead to more information, so that's also another thing to be aware of.

Yes, my post count may be high with little original substance, but the supportive substance is real, and I hope it's useful to the village.

Also, congrats on staying alive Gabriel! I know the feeling :)

Henry, you still haven't elaborated on your secret...? Do you have anything more to add to that?

Just opened up the wife’s anniversary card, seems she thinks we’ve been married longer than we have.

No longer will I be chastised for forgetting a date or birthday or anything else! A victory for husbands everywhere!

Brendan WW wrote: »
    Also, I see that was the second time tonight you just piggybacked someone else's work/opinion with a pointless one-liner throwing shade, the first was in regards to Gabriel being stabbed - 'I agree with Henry, baddies can get hurt too'.

I dispute this heavily!

How is adding opinion pointless!? If whoever said that hadn't have posted it, somebody could have assumed only goodies could be assaulted. I found that a very important piece of info so wanted to make my opinion known and make sure that it didn't get lost in the thread.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

You sure it was a wolf thing btw?

Prizes were dished out yesterday, and a delayed bullet and medicine could have been one prize or two.

I’m super weary bout the fact both yourself and Conor seem to be using events to push yourselves as locked good (even though you are, seemingly, doing what I’d consider good work for the village over yesterday).

Just opened up the wife’s anniversary card, seems she thinks we’ve been married longer than we have.

No longer will I be chastised for forgetting a date or birthday or anything else! A victory for husbands everywhere!

Frame it!

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

I think we have an Ian to somebodies Myra here or a Rosemary to someone’s Fred but you’d have to be careful because one half is far superior to the other and is potentially creating a weight for their own legs. 

Clodagh, sounds like your saying there’s two SKs? Or have you spotted wolves working together?

Tegan WW wrote: »
    Clodagh, sounds like your saying there’s two SKs? Or have you spotted wolves working together?

Yeah can you explain that post, because it made zero sense to me.

sullivlo wrote: »

Went back to the front page to check the roster, and noticed this. Both Abi and Mary are down as munched. Does this mean that they were both killed by wolves? I assume a SK kill would be refferred to differently?

Brendan ISO
    Hello, nice to see you!

It's bin a lawwwwng taaaaayyyyme...

4purU7y.gif

Ok so a nice friendly opening. Someone hasn't played in a while ;)
    Conway Twitty and Lady Gaga...now wouldn't that be a collaboration.

Divil a bother on me Gabriel, you know yourself, trying to get a few posts in on the Sunday whenever one can and trying to get to grips with OP.

How's all with you?

Responds to my Pokerface video. Flowy conversational tone, also noting he's trying to get to grips with the game. I like it.
    OP seems straightforward enough, lots of flavour, but...then I saw 'mods may have secrets' so who knows what is flavour and what might actually come into play later.

Again, back to me about the OP, and a fair note on the secrets part - he surely wasn't wrong. Stupid evils and their stupid stabbing.
    My sincere apologies to the village, I hope to be a lot more useful from tonight until the end of my game. I just have to catch up on about 500 posts now.

Playing catch up, due to RL stuff - fair enough. Never lynched someone over that before :o
    I'm up to about 10:30am with my catch-up. Obviously, the Clodagh drama is attention-grabbing, so I'm trying not to get blinkered on just that.

I don't like one-liners that just ask a question without offering a suggestion/solution. Also, I don't like hollow attempts to get the village going down the D1 'Why was someone munched?' rabbit-hole. It can be a useful wolf tactic to distract the village.

As an example of something that's not hollow and something I'd consider a worthwhile post in the aftermath of a munch: Gabriel isolated two of Abigail's posts and pointed out reasons why he thought Abi might be targeted by wolves. Gabriel admitted that it wasn't 100% solid, but at least he was looking at something and not just posting a one-liner question.

Obviously I still have a bit of reading to do and later events/revelations could shed new light for me on the above, but at the moment I'm noting some of Phil's posts as well as Clodagh's.

Here is where Brendan gets properly involved finally. And I like it, he's really thinking about the game and trying to contribute when he can.

Potential pocketing of me going on with the mention above, but let's give him the benefit of the doubt for now at least.
    I'm at around 2pm with my catch-up now:

I'm not liking how easily and strongly Holly jumped on the Clodagh train. You could see other players posting their thought processes and trying to look at Clodagh's situation from a few different angles.

Meanwhile Holly is posting a gif of Peter Griffin hanging and is a bit too quick with "I know who my vote is for" for my liking. With 7 hours of events and discussion yet to transpire before lynch, that's very decisive. Also, no FFA or other reasoning from Holly that I can see at that point outside of the Clodagh heat. Pushing to lynch someone who may withdraw or have to be mod-killed is a waste of a D1 lynch, which would be convenient for wolves.

Also - Nice meltdown Clodagh. I'd put that on the 'Three Mile Island' scale of meltdowns we've had in our games. Nothing compared to other Fukishima or Chernobyl incidents though :D

Again, here's Brendan with another catch up post, and again you can see he's taking notes, writing lists and drawing conclusions - it's very villagery. Potential possibly that he's the SK, but I don't think wolf (SK wants to find wolves too).
    Those single votes, is there likely a wolf voting for another wolf in there to distance themselves early on?

If so, wolf A wouldn't vote for wolf B in that case if there was legit heat on wolf B and wolf B was likely to be lynched. It would have to be a harmless enough throwaway vote which would not affect the lynch result.

Looking at the above single votes - Barbara is a complete throwaway. I don't think Gabriel is wolf, but Barbara is someone struggling with a hectic Monday (I'd understand that) or a low-lying wolf.

Conor on Wendy is an odd one. Wendy was not in real danger so Conor voting Wendy could help distance two wolves from each other without getting Wendy/fellow wolf lynched. I need to go back and read how hard (or not) Conor was pushing on Wendy. There were surely better shouts than Wendy?

Frank votes Eva - Eva was looking a decent candidate for the gallows at varying points coming up to lynch. If both of them were wolves, would Frank vote for Eva and possibly decide the lynch for a fellow wolf? Don't think so. I'm leaning Frank village right now, Eva mixed.

Doris votes Riona - I thought I saw some villagery posts from Doris earlier today. I'm surprised she voted for such an non-entity as Riona in the end. This could be a wolf voting wolf scenario possibly.

Phil votes Steve - Not fully sure, I have to go back and read their interactions so far in the game. I have suspicions of Phil, but outside of other players pointing out that Steve was cagey, I've no read of my own on him yet.

Holly votes Clodagh - Apparently this was cast as early as 2pm today as I already pointed out in an earlier post. I'm mixed on Clodagh at the moment, but feel Holly might be a wolf/SK who got in early today to attempt to form a wagon, and then disappear in the aftermath when it didn't take off. This could have been due to RL, or to not draw heat on herself in the game.

Clodagh voting Liam - Mixed on Clodagh until I see this vote, now a bit more suspicious. Also mixed on Liam. Combined, I'm suspicious of both as wolves who could be throwing away a vote for distance purposes.

Riona votes Fiona
    - This could be the most possible case of a wolf voting another wolf to put distance between themselves, and knowing that the vote won't get the other wolf lynched.

Fiona votes no one - Fiona was active and posting thoughts earlier, but didn't even get a vote in? Mixed on Fiona at the moment, but as long as there isn't a modkill penalty, I could see a wolf missing their D1 vote without feeling pressure to make one.

We should surely be looking at all the other voting patterns too, including those on Oisin, but I'm sharing my thoughts on how there might be wolves, plural, in the single voters to try and distance themselves from each-other. If it were such a case, I'd be looking at Riona v Fiona, Doris v Riona, Clodagh v Liam, Conor v Wendy. There could be up to 2 wolves in those 8 names trying to put distance between each other.

Ok, the voting post. Tbh his conclusions based purely off the data aren't actually that bad. At the time this was typed this was the actual voting list, so it's a fair mistake to make.

Only problem is that he does seem to ignore the context of some of the votes which is important in wagon analysis. Pure data is good, but then you combine it with the on thread movements - eg. Conor moving onto someone else when his head was on the block is villagery, not wolfy.

But again it's an attempt to try and solve the game, and I think the intention behind it is genuine.
    Yeah I now see that happened while I was writing the last post, cheers Frank. That's not the first time I wrote a spiel and missed some events in a game in the meantime unfortunately. I even got the 'lol...you ded' response in the past after missing my death announcement while I was writing and submitting a post of my own.

Even though the results were updated, there are a few single votes in there which still apply to my overall point. Of course, you are not a lone voter on Eva anymore and I am now familiar with Conor's journey and thoughts up to his vote for Wendy.

Responds to people calling him out on using the wrong votes.

Firstly, I think a wolf is much more careful here - they'd know some of the votes are in different places and wouldn't jump in on top of votes that are going to be changed.

Also he's explaining his thought process and revising. It's a good look again.
    As I said in the earlier post, I had to go back and read some stuff in regards to why you voted for Wendy. There are even things before the post-lynch events which I still have to get to grips with, like your proposal for priest and seer to reveal info in their District backrooms which I only got to glance over so far in a quick catch-up. Things like there being very little actual talk of Oisin close to the lynch, and what Henry did was basically a CFD.

Also...I see that facing a possible lynching Eva protested Henry's 'Hop on Oisin' proposal which would have saved Eva, which actually did. If Eva was wolf or SK, would she do such a thing? I was mixed on Eva and thought her role claim could be something to buy her time until her next kill/munch. Now though, her actions pre-lynch put her towards clear village for me. Similar to your own actions.

They are all such things I want to be noticing in real-time but I was just AFK most of Sunday and Monday. From what I've got to play of this game so far I've enjoyed it, but I've barely got to put a foot in the door and click with it yet. I'm a lot more free the next few days so if I'm still alive in game, I look forward to this happening very soon.

Again, it took me more than 30 minutes to write and submit that post, so that's why there were 30 minutes of events and context from tonight missing. Reading back now, a lot of shít went down while I was writing that and while I don't mind feeling strange or even suspected, feeling stupid isn't sitting too well with me.

I had a hectic Monday and was playing catch-up with the game in general all day, so I was missing out on more context and info than just you on Wendy and Frank on Eva. Also, I have a District BR in which there is apparently a wolf and maybe even the SK. So, it's like a game of WW within a game of WW, a lot for me to read never mind process. I'm getting there though.

Yeah there are only 7 names, I was mistakingly counting the 4 pairs rather than 8 individuals, smh. I dispute that it was just a commentary though, my point stands - There could be a pair of wolves distancing themselves in those single votes. I wrote my reasons why some would stick out more than others and eliminated some from my own thoughts. A commentary would just list them all and say 'wolves in here' without reason. A commentary would be something like listing the 5 lowest posters and saying 'these are low posters and there's bound to be a wolf in there', without further reason. A commentary might even go something like Phil just agreeing that my post seemed off.

And more info, defending his voting analysis and talking about not having the time until this evening to play properly. I like that I can clearly see his thought processes evolve throughout the thread, I feel he's working hard to try and solve things.
    What's 'very off' about it in your own opinion? At least Conor pointed out his issues with my errors and oversights, you seem to be just piggybacking on the next bit of heat with a hollow, easy response. That only adds to my previous interest in you. Also, I see that was the second time tonight you just piggybacked someone else's work/opinion with a pointless one-liner throwing shade, the first was in regards to Gabriel being stabbed - 'I agree with Henry, baddies can get hurt too'.

When someone can't come up with reasoning of their own and just agrees randomly with other people's reasoning, it can be because they are a wolf and therefore they already know who is not a wolf. It's much harder for wolves to come up with their own good reasoning against non-wolves and actually do some proper wolf-hunting. I'm also not surprised to see that you were someone who leaned heavily on Clodagh, like Holly did, without much reasoning apart from the damage Clodagh was doing to herself. While I'm unsure if Clodagh is good or not, I am sure she was an easy target.

I know that I haven't had time to fully get into Inspector Morse mode myself yet, I am trying, but feel that you are coasting along with many of your comments and thoughts. You have a high post count, but what does it account for in the game? I already pointed out an example of this from post-munch on Monday with the little time I did have to play then, and then there's the above with you hopping on Clodagh, Gabriel and I to varying extents after other people laid down their thoughts on us first. There's many posts with you talking about being sick and nauseous from events in the thread, stuff like you trying to attribute Desmond's death to the SK, throwing shade on Doris just because of the time she showed up at. A lot of one-liners and questions which make for an impressive post count, but leave something to be desired with real wolf-hunting.

I see that you are a new player on Boards, so I'm trying to account for that in my thinking, but at the moment I'm leaning wolf on you.

And a final post where he allays suspicions on Phil. Giving him the benefit of the doubt for being a new player is nice and all, but new players are good players too!
    It's the one dodgy thing in the ISO tbh - IF Brendan is a wolf then there's a possibility of distancing from wolf Phil here at the end.... but...

Conclusion: I'd be reading Brendan as village right now, with the caveat that he could be the SK.

I think the wagon analysis on the wrong votes just doesn't happen if he's a wolf, they'd know that votes are wrong as there was quite a large change in the updated table. It's too risky and as people have already seen he's been called out by a number of people on it.

That being said, this solving could equally be done as an SK genuinely trying to find his rival killers. Then again, I suppose you could say the same for me LOL. But I know I'm good so I have to make this read on Brendano.

Jake WW wrote: »

Prizes were dished out yesterday, and a delayed bullet and medicine could have been one prize or two.

I’m super weary bout the fact both yourself and Conor seem to be using events to push yourselves as locked good (even though you are, seemingly, doing what I’d consider good work for the village over yesterday).

I should probably clarify - when I say wolves, I mean evils plural.

Just easier to bunch them together rather than saying 'wolves and SK' all the time.

Tegan WW wrote: »

Two wolves working together I believe, possibly even 3.

Blargh, Steve has 28 posts. This could take a bit.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Backroom update

Babs has said she is onto me and will figure out the rest of our BR by the end of the week.

My response:

It was a joke Babs. This BR appears to serve no function at the moment since a) there could / probably is a wolf in here and b) we only have to repeat what is said in here on thread and c) we dont have a RV in here asking us to relay stuff.

Im sorry if i confused you, but you really shouldnt be asking unconfirmed people in a backroom who to vote for. You are an experienced player, but up until your slip, i had been reading you as a noob. I wonder was that intentional. If so, its deceptive; and i dont like it.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Can people please stop using the term lock clear. Nobody is lock clear. You might like what some are saying or how they are saying it but nobody is for sure team village yet and clearing them just makes you look dodgy imo

Maybe Conor could argue (and is really beating that drum) he is more clear than others but that’s about it. Don’t trust anyone. Remember how the last game ended

Agree
    Conor WW wrote: »
    I'm glad you've established that nobody is lock clear

Except for me

Disagree

It will be a little suspect if they dont, wont it.
    Phil WW wrote: »
    Henry, you still haven't elaborated on your secret...? Do you have anything more to add to that?

It was the backroom, which i told everyone about, while under no pressure, yesterday.
    Jake WW wrote: »

Bolded bit: that scans for me. The sponsors have poison and medicine to hand out each day. Can this be used to clear someone? I mean if a wolf got the meds on d1, they could have just not used it and gotten an extra kill. Whomever healed on D1 would be village lean, imo (unless they played it to heal so they could claim village cred).

Unbolded bit: Agree. Noone is lock clear.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Blargh, Steve has 28 posts. This could take a bit.

28 isnt that bad

Advertisement