Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer (Dublin) 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Cocopup wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity. Did anyone not pass the questionnaire ?

My fiancee didn't get selected so assume so.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭irishbigfoot

Cocopup wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity. Did anyone not pass the questionnaire ?

My son didn't pass it this time but did for the Revenue Customs Facilitation so I take there is just a cut off point they are using. No mention of numbers so not sure where he placed.

'I regret to inform you that you were unsuccessful in the recently completed online questionnaire. As a result, your application is no longer under consideration.
    It is envisaged that we will be advertising another Clerical Officer competition this year and we would encourage you to ensure that you have set up the Job Alerts....'

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Kevin17W

Anyone here have their interview yet? I’m on later today

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Greengrass123

Had my interview at 8.30 this morning, it was all competency based no tell me about yourself or talk me through your employment history. After interview you are asked to wait in a room with the others who have finished their interviews. Letters are then handed out to let you know how you done. Thankfully I passed interview and have provisionally been assigned to an garda siochana

Had my interview at 8.30 this morning, it was all competency based no tell me about yourself or talk me through your employment history. After interview you are asked to wait in a room with the others who have finished their interviews. Letters are then handed out to let you know how you done. Thankfully I passed interview and have provisionally been assigned to an garda siochana

Well done and congratulations. Was there any mention if you wanted to go to NSSO Clonskeagh? Personally I rather not go there commuting would be a nightmare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Daisy90

I had mine this morning too , interviewers have the letters with them so it seems as if you are already assigned before you go in! Anyone know what it's like working in the office of the ombudsman??

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Greengrass123

Kevin17W wrote: »

Well done and congratulations. Was there any mention if you wanted to go to NSSO Clonskeagh? Personally I rather not go there commuting would be a nightmare.

No mention of NSSO but maybe they were allocating those positions to people who had stated they would be interested when they emailed back interview confirmation.

No mention of NSSO but maybe they were allocating those positions to people who had stated they would be interested when they emailed back interview confirmation.

Cheers. I’ll know in the next hour depending how it goes...

• Registered Users Posts: 15 snigiollarua

I was interviewed this morning loads there, I got a letter saying I was successful in the interview, however I wasn't placed in any of the departments that were there, most were assigned to guards I am bit confused now whether I was successful as they didn't give me a position anyone else get the letter I got.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 marthahen

I was interviewed this morning loads there, I got a letter saying I was successful in the interview, however I wasn't placed in any of the departments that were there, most were assigned to guards I am bit confused now whether I was successful as they didn't give me a position anyone else get the letter I got.

I got the same as yourself.

• Advertisement

Just finished interview and got offered An Garda Síochána.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭LittleMissRed

I got the same letter and spoke to someone to clarify. They said that some people were assigned based on various factors but that they only had a certain amount of vacancies to fill today. However, they know they have a lot more vacancies coming up (every day apparently) over the next few weeks so will assign us to a department as they arise. So you have been successful, just yet to be assigned a department.
    Congratulations! :-)

marthahen wrote: »
    I got the same as yourself.

I wonder does that mean we are being put on panel, I asked one girls who work there and she said that they will prob call during the week

I got the same letter and spoke to someone to clarify. They said that some people were assigned based on various factors but that they only had a certain amount of vacancies to fill today. However, they know they have a lot more vacancies coming up (every day apparently) over the next few weeks so will assign us to a department as they arise. So you have been successful, just yet to be assigned a department.

Congrats too hopefully hear soon

Kevin17W wrote: »
    Just finished interview and got offered An Garda Síochána.

Congrats ☺ I'll just have to wait and see

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Dublintigger

I also got the same letter and this evening I was sent a Garda Vetting form to fully complete..... so once I get that in, the sooner I'll hear.

They have everything else doc wise from me.

Fingers crossed I'll be sorted soon :)

I also got the same letter and this evening I was sent a Garda Vetting form to fully complete..... so once I get that in, the sooner I'll hear.

Congrats did they email guarda vetting form to you

I’ve received the Garda Vetting form too so I’ll be getting that done straight away.
    Have you already given them your written references?

I’ve received the Garda Vetting form too so I’ll be getting that done straight away.
    Have you already given them your written references?

Did you not have guarda vetting form with you going to interview or is it a more detailed one

Did you not have guarda vetting form with you going to interview or is it a more detailed one

Yes I had the short one that they emailed us before the interview. This is a more detailed one and its online. They’ll send you a link to access it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭jock 1

If it’s vetting for working in a Garda station it’s a more detailed vetting process and will take 3 months to process , so anyone who was offered a place with An Garda Síochána will be waiting 3 months to start , just so you know

jock 1 wrote: »
    If it’s vetting for working in a Garda station it’s a more detailed vetting process and will take 3 months to process , so anyone who was offered a place with An Garda Síochána will be waiting 3 months to start , just so you know
    I never got email sent so must be put on panel best luck guys

I never got email sent so must be put on panel best luck guys

I got offered An Garda Síochána also. I’d imagine they’ll email us early this week coming. My sister got offered AGS last year and as mentioned above vetting and additional security clearance takes a while. Part of the vetting stage is completed by your local garda station so depending on work loads there etc. Normally 12-15 weeks then maybe a months notice, going from what my sister told me.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Did anyone who got the Garda get any information on where the positions would be based?

Friend of mine applied as they want out of our department and was given the Garda but will only take it if it’s City Centre based.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 jodibobs

I wonder did they fill the 300 positions, I didn't get called for interview, received the email that my questionnaire was passed and possibly interview in June. Fingers crossed I will get a .call

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Dawn1234

Daisy90 wrote: »
    I had mine this morning too , interviewers have the letters with them so it seems as if you are already assigned before you go in! Anyone know what it's like working in the office of the ombudsman??

Don’t undersell yourself. Offers of placement were based on your application, questionnaire AND interview. Many applicants didn’t get an invitation to interview, so anyone that got ranked in the top 300 based on their application and questionnaire done brilliantly. If you couldn’t answer specific questions during interview, you would not have been hired. They are likely to have matched applicants to different departments based on your application details for example if you had a experience/qualification in business/HR you would be likely be assigned to NSSO etc. but if you hadn't prepared for or do well in interview, an offer would not have occurred. Applicants awaited result of interview in waiting room before being called back in when decision was made and offer of assignment letter printed.

In reply to your question, I have heard that the Office of the Ombudsman is a great place to work in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Daisy90

Thanks for that Dawn1234 , I never thought of it like that! I was just so nervous yesterday , that everything was so overwhelming! Delighted to have got an offer though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Seniorcitizen

Congratulations to everyone who passed the interview, I wasn't successful, fell at the last hurdle, devastated. Letter said 'it is envisaged that we will be advertising another Clerical Officer competition this year'. I'm trying to crack the awful competency based questions and hopefully will get through the next round.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭votecounts

Congratulations to everyone who passed the interview, I wasn't successful, fell at the last hurdle, devastated. Letter said 'it is envisaged that we will be advertising another Clerical Officer competition this year'. I'm trying to crack the awful competency based questions and hopefully will get through the next round.
    Don't feel too bad, sure there were others who did not pass the interview. There will be other competitions, just have your comptencies better prepared next time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Seniorcitizen

Rejection letter stated that I could email for feedback on my interview, I did so straight away. Does anyone know how long before they get back to you, and how useful is the feedback, thanks

Advertisement