Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When did Gemma O Doherty go batshyt crazy?

Options

Comments

Stephen15 wrote: »
    If they wanted a Visa and met the requirements they could have one I wouldn't have a problem with African Americans either believe it or not.

The usual nonsense that people bring up is that the Irish were emigrants for years which is completely irrelevant. We can make our own choices we owe nobody nothing and btw if other countries feel that certain Irish inmigrants are a burden to their country they are fully within their rights to deport them back to here just like the case of that Irish family that could deported as their son has CF

Have the balls for what exactly?

Your right I wouldn't believe you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Your right I wouldn't believe you.

Can you have a reasoned debate with me or are you all going to just resort to firing personal insults. Showing real maturity and intelligence there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Can you have a reasoned debate with me or are you all going to just resort to firing personal insults. Showing real maturity and intelligence there.

If a non white couple from Nigeria move to Ireland, work in Ireland and eventually become Irish citizens. Would you view the children that they have in Ireland to be Irish?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,247 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

People are just calling anyone with an opposing view to someone who is pro open borders a racist rather than actually wanting to debate the point they're trying to detract from the debate and/or they don't have a valid argument against such a person. If TR is such a racist then why does he get so much support from non-whites.
    Your beloved TR also gets support from pedo's. Only the white pedo's mind since he doesnt like the brown ones. And you seem a supporter of his and dislike any non white. Interesting. #noonesracist

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

pjohnson wrote: »
    Your beloved TR also gets support from pedo's. Only the white pedo's mind since he doesnt like the brown ones. And you seem a supporter of his and dislike any non white. Interesting. #noonesracist

He has non white friends and supporters. How can you call him racist? He has a problem with Islam, which is a religion not a race.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,521 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

One thing this crazy scone is doing is making the racists crawl out from under their rocks. The religious nutters too. Its a good thing. They can be identified and shot down.

batgoat wrote: »
    If a non white couple from Nigeria move to Ireland, work in Ireland and eventually become Irish citizens. Would you view the children that they have in Ireland to be Irish?

I wouldn't see the problem if they're working but that's not the case with the majority already here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭Odhinn

It makes Irish culture weaker. A mix match of different from around the world isn't as strong as Irish culture on it's own.

How?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,427 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I wouldn't see the problem if they're working but that's not the case with the majority already here.

That's not what he asked you though is it?

Also, can you show evidence for the bolded part please?

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Flange/Flanders

I'm friends with lots of eastern europeans. Theyve mixed well into Irish society and while they still go to the eastern european shops, you also see them going to gaa matches and doinh great things for the community.

I work with a lot of doctors from Pakistan and Sudan. Theyre really nice people and we have had some great chats talking about our different religions. I talk about Ramadan with them while they ask me about catholic religious festivals like Easter. They wished us a happy easter a few weeks ago. In fact, the most thing we agreed on was how to get rid of Jehovahs Witnesses quickly when they call! 😂

Apart from that, the Irish healthcare system would fall apart without them. No irish doctors want to work in the likes of Mayo, Kerry, letterkenny etc if theyre not from the area. Thats no offence to the area but if youre from Clare for example you want to work in the large urban centres or ennis. You dont want to be shipped to Wexford long term for example. So its not that foreign doctors are taking irish jobs, its that theyre filling posts and keeping regional hospitals going. Theres also very good foreign doctors in the large hospitals.

Same as regards nurses. In fact, my favourite nurse that i work alongside is from India. Her patient interaction and clinical skills are outstanfing. Shes also the nicest person you could meet.

So just imagine an Ireland solely for the Irish. If it came to pass, you would change your mind very quickly.

The reason why healthcare professionals are leaving the country in their droves is because the pay and conditions are so bad that they have to emigrate meaning we are replacing them with cheap labour from abroad who are happy to work for a pittance in awful conditions as it's better than where they come from.

It's race to the bottom the government are forcing the natives out. Btw I agree with a small degree of immigration where there are gaps in the labour market but what's happening is anything but the government support mass immigration into Ireland. Also the immigrants favoured should be the types who can culturally assimulate the easiest meaning Europeans.

Eh..........doctors from other countries are paid the same as Irish doctors at the same respective level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

H

It wouldn’t appear so. If you saw black kids in China would you view them as Chinese?

I don’t think you would.... see people have this distinct, romantic vision of Ireland as a people the same way we do certain other places be they red yellow or black. It is the most fundamental, enduring credibility in the worlds eyes and when we lose our charm it will be gone

What's is there to debate, you said that believe it or not that you wouldn't have a problem with the actual native people of New Zealand, Australia and the U.S. along with African Americans coming to live here. I simply said that I didn't believe you.

It’s like a game of pin the tail now

Couldn’t find it if they tried but Ireland is now the ominous little donkey; amidst all that continental landmass and they can do it blindfolded.

You didn't answer the question which is more telling than anything else. Your racist as hell and you've got a long history of being so. Supporting the likes of Orban is like backing a modern day Mussolini so I would say you also have warped ideals.
    Bobblehats wrote: »
    H

It wouldn’t appear so. If you saw black kids in China would you view them as Chinese?

I don’t think you would.... see people have this distinct, romantic vision of Ireland as a people the same way we do certain other places be they red yellow or black. It is the most fundamental, enduring credibility in the worlds eyes and when we lose our charm it will be gone

If they're born in China and have Chinese citizenship. Yes they are in fact Chinese. Are you saying Paul McGrath or Phil Lynott weren't Irish because they weren't white? See how idiotic that sounds...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

The satanic cult that is running the earth is coming for our...eggs. Our chicken's eggs. They are literally going to ruin breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

They didnt get mine. I had scrambled eggs this morning. Fecking lovely. Dont know how they were proposing to get all the eggs .. was it in one fell swoop? Think Gemmas maths was off on this

If they're born in China and have Chinese citizenship. Yes they are in fact Chinese. Are you saying Paul McGrath or Phil Lynott weren't Irish because they weren't white? See how idiotic that sounds...

But you’re not seeing their documentation.....It’s not apparent, you may overhear them in conversation which might lend a clue but not at a glance.

Phil and Paul were mixed race. And a rarity; they were a breath of fresh air you could pretty much take it they were irish but then that was back before free travel became so commonplace. Back before people became weary of the impending relentless influx of immigration...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Calling someone racist does not shut down debate. But that Tommy Robinson is racist is not up for debate.

People are just calling anyone with an opposing view to someone who is pro open borders a racist rather than actually wanting to debate the point they're trying to detract from the debate and/or they don't have a valid argument against such a person. If TR is such a racist then why does he get so much support from non-whites.
    There were loads of " non whites " at the FREE TOMMY MARCH Last June.

Odhinn wrote: »
    How?

It introduces elements of forgein cultures into Irish culture hence making our culture weaker. Tourists don't come here to see African, Middle Eastern or Indian culture they come to see Ireland and they want Irish culture.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Nobelium

He has non white friends and supporters. How can you call him racist? He has a problem with Islam, which is a religion not a race.

it's all about what persons skin colour / sexuality / gender / religion is when it comes to the so called tolerant and so called diverse "left"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,427 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

It introduces elements of forgein cultures into Irish culture hence making our culture weaker. Tourists don't come here to see African, Middle Eastern or Indian culture they come to see Ireland and they want Irish culture.

I was in Liverpool last week, went down to China town for a bite to eat.

Been to china town in new york and also little italy, been to irish bars in near enough every country i have visited, never seen anyones "culture" weakened by these.

You're spouting this shìte but i bet you have ordered food from a chinese or indian takeaway recently, italian chippers anyone? Pizza?

Gwan back to your cabbage and bacon and pint of guinness and let the rest of the world move on without you.

You know Irish tourism is pretty much constantly increasing? Pretty confident that non white Irish people is not going to put people off from visiting. Tourists come here to see sights, Eg the Giants Causeway, The Blarney Stones and ancient castles. A Guinness experience etc as well. These aren't suddenly gonna disappear.

Btw, I've worked with Indians for years, I fecking love the various Indian festivals. The food is lovely and it's like a party. This doesn't take away from Irish culture, the diversity enriches it further.

The variety of food that you can get in Ireland is actually pretty great for tourists and Irish people btw.

Maybe you should get out more?

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭caff

Bobblehats wrote: »
    But you’re not seeing their documentation.....It’s not apparent, you may overhear them in conversation which might lend a clue but not at a glance.

Phil and Paul were mixed race. And a rarity; they were a breath of fresh air you could pretty much take it they were irish but then that was back before free travel became so commonplace. Back before people became weary of the impending relentless influx of immigration...
    You can go back before countries enforced any immigration controls and see the chaos caused by people emigrating in their tens of thousands to America in the 19th century. I mean you only have to look at the state of America today to see how the Irish ruined the country. They came over and didn't even speak the language formed gangs and virtually took over a number of police forces.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭circadian

It makes Irish culture weaker. A mix match of different from around the world isn't as strong as Irish culture on it's own.

Ah here.

Like I've said before I'm mixed race. My grandparents arrived in West Donegal from the Caribbean in the mid 40's. This was facilitated by a priest out there when they needed somewhere to go.

They embraced Irish culture and as a result that side of the family play Irish music, are fluent in Irish and are well versed in Irish culture. So, tell me this, how did they make Irish culture weaker? By being black? By liking spicy food and rice?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Nobelium

circadian wrote: »
    Like I've said before I'm mixed race. My grandparents arrived in West Donegal from the Caribbean in the mid 40's. This was facilitated by a priest out there when they needed somewhere to go.

They embraced Irish culture and as a result that side of the family play Irish music, are fluent in Irish and are well versed in Irish culture. So, tell me this, how did they make Irish culture weaker? By being black? By liking spicy food and rice?

Your grandparents integrated, mixed, and became activity contributors to wider Irish society and culture . . . the same can't be said for all immigrants.

I was in Liverpool last week, went down to China town for a bite to eat.

Been to china town in new york and also little italy, been to irish bars in near enough every country i have visited, never seen anyones "culture" weakened by these.

Phil Lynott went down to Chinatown too. As cultural quarters they are fine, and I do like some steamed dumplings or calamari pizza but then I then don’t think anyone’s particularly keen on visiting little lagos anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,189 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

I hope you only watch TG4, and switch it off when imported shows come on.
    I hope you don't use any electricity, seeing as we import some from the UK, and produce our own with Colombian coal and oil and gas from Arab countries.
    I hope you have no car, and ride an Irish built Raleigh bicycle ( or better yet, a Rudge!)
    I hope you only listen to Sean-Nos, and read Irelands Own..

But I doubt it.
    You are just as big a hypocrite as Gemma.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,075 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    I hope you only watch TG4, and switch it off when imported shows come on.
    I hope you don't use any electricity, seeing as we import some from the UK, and produce our own with Colombian coal and oil and gas from Arab countries.
    I hope you have no car, and ride an Irish built Raleigh bicycle ( or better yet, a Rudge!)
    I hope you only listen to Sean-Nos, and read Irelands Own..

But I doubt it.
    You are just as big a hypocrite as Gemma.

Let's not mention the tea or coffee he drinks....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

Bit of light entertainment on a Saturday afternoon

https://youtu.be/ML7887_tqaE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

FFS, lads. Guinness isn't "Irish culture." It's an English beer, brewed by a multinational based out of London. :rolleyes:

As to Irish culture, Stephen - bacon and cabbage are grand once in a blue moon, but I've had my fill of freezing church halls where 200 girls take it in turns to dance the same "one-two-three". Although it should be noted the last time I was at a Feis, there were quite a few black African kids taking part. Same in our local soccer (oops, English culture - do you follow a premiership team, Stephen?), GAA and rugby clubs. So much for "not assimilating."

My Muslim immigrant colleagues talk about what they watched on TV the previous night (Game of Thrones is a favourite), how their kids are doing at school, football and other sports... just like my Irish colleagues.

And I know anecdote is not data, Stephen, but the immigrants I know from outside Europe tend to be working, and in skilled areas - I.T. and medicine, mostly. The Eastern Europeans, many of whom came over to work on building sites during the last boom - less so. Obviously with many exceptions on both ends of the spectrum.

I'll take multiculturalism any day, Stephen. It does wonders for the cuisines I can eat, the music I can listen to, the festivals and events I can go to.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement