Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'what have some travellers somewhere done this time? thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,985 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Travellers don’t want a race track. They want to race on roads where they want, when they want

We need to build a skulky racing stadium beside every halting site. And a bare knuckle boxing ring. It's only right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

Do you think sulky racing/harness on a track is animal cruelty? Because i certainly don't.

Why not help travelers do this right?

Unless you are going to help people do a better job i don't feel we have the right to say anything.

I am telling you ireland could dominate these fools!

How are you helping Travellers do it right? I understand you are involved in equestrian activities, how have you attempted to include and involve Travellers?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,443 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Do you think sulky racing/harness on a track is animal cruelty? Because i certainly don't.

Why not help travelers do this right?

Unless you are going to help people do a better job i don't feel we have the right to say anything.

I am telling you ireland could dominate these fools!

In my post I clearly stated it was racing on roads I was talking about where the horses are pushed to exhaustion and idiots behind them in cars filming the whole thing.

They shouldn't need to be told to do a better job, if someone owns an animal it's welfare is their responsibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

PCeeeee wrote: »
    How are you helping Travellers do it right? I understand you are involved in equestrian activities, how have you attempted to include and involve Travellers?

They are involved. :rolleyes:

I am not a charity i just do my thing ...sometimes you meet travelers doing the same thing

I used to volunteer at the DSPCA ..they often hold courses that include traveler kids.

Plus i am sure some are members of local pony clubs etc.

Travellers don’t want a race track. They want to race on roads where they want, when they want

Pssht i think its just they have nowhere else.

• Advertisement

Look as i said i volunteered for horse shelters i know more than anyone some people.travelers don't look after their horses.

I also know some people us that to tarnish all travelers.

Also you don't get anywhere making stuff illegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

I am not a charity

Yeah. That's what I thought. All mouth. Good luck to you.

PCeeeee wrote: »
    Yeah. That's what I thought. All mouth. Good luck to you.

Did you just read what i said. I volunteer on courses that help travelers learn how to care for horses.

My god. The virtue signalling in this thread ...

You don't help horses by tearing travelers down you build people up.

I am under no illusion that i am some horse savoir get a grip!

Most travelers know more about horses than i do ffs.

I am just a normal person.

Stuff travelers have done.

Won Olympic medals.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

Travelers were sulky racing when the roads were made of dirt they are entitled to canter their sulklys a horse is entitled to be on a road one it's not a motor way or dual carriageway.
    Couple of gob****es racing on a dual carriageway don't represent the traveling community.
    The Travelers contribute far more to Irish culture and shouldn't be judged by a few fools

• Advertisement

Travelers were sulky racing when the roads were made of dirt they are entitled to canter their sulklys a horse is entitled to be on a road one it's not a motor way or dual carriageway.
    Couple of gob****es racing on a dual carriageway don't represent the traveling community.
    The Travelers contribute far more to Irish culture and shouldn't be judged by a few fools

Here here.

Anyway ...i have said my piece.

Peeps we shall just have to agree to disagree. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

Don't bite people.

Now I know that you’re a troll. Horses were used by travellers to pull their caravans not for racing. Sulky racing is a recent addition to their culture.

Now I know that you’re a troll. Horses were used by travellers to pull their caravans not for racing. Sulky racing is a recent addition to their culture.

Its not.

They have traditional days to do it etc have had for a long long time.

Traditional festivals for it etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

So are these traditional days the ones where they aren't thieving???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭Odelay

Its not.

No it’s not. They only started sully racing in the mid 80’s

• Registered Users Posts: 81,853 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Its not.

Why do they do it on tarmac chasing the sulkies in luxury SUV's and Hiace's if it's traditional?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭jelutong

Shure aren't they filming sulky racing on mobile phones for generations also.

jelutong wrote: »
    Shure aren't they filming sulky racing on mobile phones for generations also.

Centuries, even.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭Odelay

No it’s not. They only started sully racing in the mid 80’s

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Go on....

So are these traditional days the ones where they aren't thieving???
    Sersly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

You're funny and deluded.

This thread has descended into pure bigotry and is basically a hatefest for bitter people who have probably never met a traveler.

Thus this thread no longer has value.

Its just a meaningless back and forth. Its not going anywhere.

This thread has descended into pure bigotry and is basically a hatefest for bitter people who have probably never met a traveler.

You mean it's a hatefest because people don't share your opinion. Meet lots of travellers, two leaving my home that I didn't remember inviting in.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

There's nothing stopping you from unfollowing it. Or maybe start a thread for people who want to tell us all their (true) positive traveller stories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

For the sounds of it you have never meet travellers.

You have to leave for house though which might be hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Pssht i think its just they have nowhere else.

Wouldn’t be long before any facilities get wrecked...

You mean it's a hatefest because people don't share your opinion.

This is a fallacy.

You could have lot of opinions about Travelers that i might not agree with yet not be bigoted.

I have a right to my opinion is a logical fallacy in which a person discredits any opposition by claiming that they are entitled to their opinion.

Its a red herring.

It's presenting factually and morally indefensible positions and trying to defend them as having the equal right to be heard on a matter in which only one of the two parties has the relevant expertise or neither have.

Whether one has a particular entitlement or right is irrelevant to whether one's assertion is true or false.

Judging Travelers as an entire one entity and judging all of them on the ill deeds of one or some is bigotry. Calling travelers subhuman or vermin as some have in this thread is bigotry.

It is a fact that travelers are individuals some good some bad. It is a fact they are subjected to discrimination regardless of how they behave.

To say You have the right to your opinion and I can't handle your opinion is simply a failure on your part to be able to defend said position.

Guilt by association is yet another fallacy. Claiming all travelers are the same is such an association fallacy.

There is a difference is saying i don't want to fight anymore so lets agree to disagree and i am entitled to my opinion so you can't fault my position.

• Advertisement

To say You have the right to your opinion and I can't handle your opinion is simply a failure on your part to be able to defend said position.

Opinions are like assholes everyone has one. I just don't need to see it.;-)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement