Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'what have some travellers somewhere done this time? thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

I don't but only a moron would think a horse should feel at home on a motorway full of busy traffic.

Wish all horses were as comfy round traffic.
    Hacks go out on roads all the time. And those horses obviously are.

Its how they train em in the us ;)

Would you LOOK at that riders seat! I would DIE for a seat like that.

That below is not pacing by the way ..its single footing its a totally different gait to pacing which is in the Irish video. Its still for gaited horses though.

If we got the set up we could do this !

Training in the states ..oh so creeeeewwwwlll when Irish people do it.

oh so so creeeewwwwlll

:rolleyes:

This is the way they are trained in the states too.

john4321 wrote: »

So ?

https://horseauthority.co/two-horses-die-weekend-cross-country-courses/

Do we ban all eventing?

Do we ban all horse racing?

24 horses died just on one track in less than one year.

http://time.com/5582343/horse-deaths-kentucky-derby/
    https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/racing/aintree-and-bha-to-undertake-review-over-festival-deaths-1.3852227

If you don't like it ...don't come riding.

7 horses a year at least die in eventing.

They get strain injuries in dressage etc.

Clearly the horse racing industry and eventing dressage industry know what they are doing.

Is this abuse too ? Or is just when travelers do it?

Also those horses in the video are obviously well cared for you are just embarrassing yourself now.

Lots of horses die in horse sport in Ireland its unfortunate it happens though. They don't get nearly so much heat as travelers do. Its all perception.

Its just an excuse for people who clearly don't care about horses so much as they just hate travelers.

Its legal....there are calls to make it illegal but currently technically its legal.

Giving out licenses for it might be better than banning it though.

The state can build a harness racetrack etc.

And they do have licenses.

https://www.agriculture.gov.ie/media/migration/animalhealthwelfare/animalwelfare/TravellerHorseOwnershipResearchReport180718.pdf

Children under the age of 10 trying to control a horse on a public road may not be illegal but is a recipe for disaster.
    Horses galloping on hard road surfaces at speed, for long periods of time cannot escape injuries.
    Travellers don’t want a special race track. Tis their desire to race on public roads wherever and whenever they want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

motorwayahead.jpg

The bottom line.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Activist home attacked as illegal dumping crisis intensifies

Local activist against illegal dumping Noreen Murphy was attacked on Wednesday night when vandals dumped manure on her car outside her home.

Noreen Murphy has played a big part in getting the council to carry out a big clean up of the Ellis Yard site back in March, where over five tons of asbestos was removed.

On Wednesday night, Ms Murphy’s car was vandalised when someone dumped manure on her car. It’s unconfirmed what the motive is behind the attack but Murphy feels it is related to her active stance in illegal dumping.

An investigation is on-going with Gardaí examining CCTV footage from the area.
    Speaking to The Echo, Murphy has said that if priorities were in the right place, this wouldn’t be happening.

Cork City Council have been in an ongoing battle to prevent the illegal dumping that has taken place in Ballyvolane area.

Last year, fire services were called to the Ellis’s Yard site 90 times due to waste being set on fire and on-site security had also been threatened, along with their security booth burnt down. Noreen Murphy told The Echo that people in the community, including her own family, do not feel safe in their own homes.

Councillor Kenneth O’Flynn has also spoken out against the illegal dumping, saying that enough is enough.

The site was hit again with more illegal dumping on Wednesday morning, as the council weigh up their options on how to put a stop to it. Cllr Kenneth O’Flynn has hit out against those who continue to litter the area, telling The Echo that enough is enough.

“Cork City is not available to facilitate illegal dumping,” O’Flynn continued, “enough is enough, we are taking back our city.” The rubbish that was dumped on Wednesday is being examined by Gardaí for any name or addresses, with prosecutions to follow for partaking in illegal dumping.

https://www.echolive.ie/corknews/Activist-home-attacked-as-illegal-dumping-crisis-intensifies-f3443323-1513-4635-9b1c-51f81eef2ba4-ds

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Where are the Gardai....

Simple solution put at least 2 in or around the site armed and up patrols.

Absolutely laughable they are nowhere to be seen and if it's the case they are too afraid then the army are available...

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Oxter

Where are the Gardai....

Absolutely laughable they are nowhere to be seen and if it's the case they are too afraid then the army are available...

The Irish Army do something useful in Ireland?
    Apsrt from the bomb squad.
    It should be used as a paramilitary police force as is the CRS in France - a reserve force for AGS with a highly visible profile on the streets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭the dark phantom

Ellis Yard is hallowed land to the Travellers now, Not a hope in hell any issues there will be solved. As for closing the site, good luck, they won't be leaving.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

Where are the Gardai....

Treat it like a concentration camp maybe?
    They are human beings your talking about.
    And that would be profiling based on race which is a no no.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,785 ✭✭✭Odelay

Yeah, a yard with two armed guards to keep people out of, is like a concentration camp?? You’re it subtle enough as a wum. Room for improvement, need to put more effort into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭the dark phantom

Odelay wrote: »
    Yeah, a yard with two armed guards to keep people out of, is like a concentration camp?? You’re it subtle enough as a wum. Room for improvement, need to put more effort into it.

You don't even need guards to keep people out. No sane settled person would enter it. I'm a curious man but in the case of Spring Lane curiosity probably would kill the cat.

Odelay wrote: »

Why because I refuse to stand by whileTravelers are dehumanised that makes me a wum.
    If some of the posts on this thread were about Jewish or colored people or any other ethnic minority, there would be bannings all over the place and people would be accused of racial hatred and incitement to hate

• Registered Users Posts: 3,785 ✭✭✭Odelay

Why because I refuse to stand by whileTravelers are dehumanised that makes me a wum.
    If some of the posts on this thread were about Jewish or colored people or any other ethnic minority, there would be bannings all over the place and people would be accused of racial hatred and incitement to hate

No it’s the comparing putting two guards to secure an empty yard to a concentration camp. That is a discussing thing to say, completely trivializes what people in actual concentration camps had to endure.

Charlie
    Another thread you started was closed for 'wild and inaccurate speculation'
    You are doing it again

Oxter wrote: »
    Charlie
    You are doing it again

It's Charles.
    Have a read through some of the posts on this thread and tell me I'm inaccurate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

Charlie
    You are doing it again

That's what these little pixie headed gimps want. I have never seen so much defense for travellers by him and the other fella "ILoveYourVibes" in my life...even more so than the clowns in Pavee Point.
    Heads so far up their own holes its just comical at this point.

It's Charles.
    Have a read through some of the posts on this thread and tell me I'm inaccurate

I did. Troll.

I did. Troll.

Sorry didn't realise you were trolling, sorry still getting the hang of the internet

• Advertisement

Sorry didn't realise you were trolling, sorry still getting the hang of the internet

In the closed thread in Legal Discussion, you referred to your serious mental health problems.

In the closed thread in Legal Discussion, you referred to your serious mental health problems.

Ok you want to mock me for that now do you?
    Go for it I'm not ashamed of any mental health issues I've had in the past

• Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭normanoffside

The comments under the video are iteresting...

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=337864773585495

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I did. Troll.
    He's not a troll. Every now and again someone will come in and defend Travellers. There was a few who were rampant in the Margaret Cash thread. They're not trolling, more deluded.

Are you slightly #### or what are you on about...

I never stated anything of that pure sh1te you're spouting.....

Gardai patroling is part of active policing and if an area is being taken over or destroyed daily then why not have a presence and put a stop to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

tenor.gif
    (Whataboutery bingo)

The comments under the video are iteresting...

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=337864773585495

Oh god I didn't think they were that dim.... Jaysus channel 5 what were you thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,285 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Anyone who comes on saying that sulky racing on a public road isn't animal cruelty needs to have a word with themselves, the poor horses are pushed to exhaustion and it's also bloody dangerous to other road users.

And apart from all that there is the issue of them letting the horses roam wild on public property or like they have done here which is put them in fields when they think the farmer won't catch them.

Anyone who comes on saying that sulky racing on a public road isn't animal cruelty needs to have a word with themselves, the poor horses are pushed to exhaustion and it's also bloody dangerous to other road users.

And apart from all that there is the issue of them letting the horses roam wild on public property or like they have done here which is put them in fields when they think the farmer won't catch them.

Do you think sulky racing/harness on a track is animal cruelty? Because i certainly don't.

Why not help travelers do this right?

Unless you are going to help people do a better job i don't feel we have the right to say anything.

I am telling you ireland could dominate these fools!

• Advertisement

Do you think sulky racing/harness on a track is animal cruelty? Because i certainly don't.

Why not help travelers do this right?

Unless you are going to help people do a better job i don't feel we have the right to say anything.

I am telling you ireland could dominate these fools!

Travellers don’t want a race track. They want to race on roads where they want, when they want

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement