Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'what have some travellers somewhere done this time? thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Marginalised people fill the prisons all over the world.

you misspelt Criminals Chuckles :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Marginalised people fill the prisons all over the world.

We have already discussed this. Innocent law abiding people don't go to jail in Ireland. If you have been convicted of enough crimes to warrant a prison sentence, you are a criminal.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,941 ✭✭✭normanoffside

In other news, Bernard is calling out Conor McGregor for a fight

https://twitter.com/1bernardsweeney/status/1129703611792015360

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

pablo128 wrote: »
    The travellers aggravated burglary epidemic got so bad, that they got their very own Garda crackdown called operation Thor.

Attacking elderly defenceless people in isolated rural locations is a particularly scummy thing to do, and yet here you are Charles, gleefully defending them.

I'm not defending anybody who committed such an auwful crime they should go to jail.
    Judging all Travelers by the actions of a few bad apple's is what I have a problem with

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Nobelium

Well a settled toerag commits an auwful crime so that your fault? Do they represent you and should you be judged by their actions?
    If course not so why do all Travelers get tarred with the same brush

What is a "settled" toerag exactly, what do you mean by settled ? ex travellers ? tut tut now now Charlie.

The rest of society wasn't travelling in the first place.

Also the rest of society doesn't tolerate and defend such behavior unlike how travelers and their apologists do.
    Also travelers have a far higher rate of offending and anti social behavior than the rest of the community.

• Advertisement

Nobelium wrote: »
    What is a "settled" toerag exactly, what do you mean by settled ? ex travellors ? But the rest of society wasn't travelling in the first place.

Also the rest of society don't tolerate and defend such behavior like travelers and their apologists do. Also travelers have a far higher rate of offending and anti social behavior than the rest of the community.

So do all first nation people all over the world, African Americas oppressed people marginalised and forced into poverty don't have much of a chance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

So do all first nation people all over the world, African Americas oppressed people marginalised and forced into poverty don't have much of a chance

LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

We are not discussing African Americans here. We are discussing travellers. Stop trying to deflect.

declan2693 wrote: »
    LOL

Glad you find oppression and poverty so funny

mikemac2 wrote: »
    I lived beside Castlepark in Galway when Hillside was a filthy third world rat infested mucky field. Poor starving horses across the road in waste ground.

The council cleared everyone out and built top spec lovely houses with even a bay for the caravan.

I saw a drone video recently of burnt out houses and communal buildings and rubbish tossed over the walls. And another video of two men throwing punches while the children screamed encouragement

I don't know what much more Galway city council can do *shrugs shoulders*

What do you suggest?
    Or is your anecdote just a way to traveler bash

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Nobelium

I knew you wouldn't have the honesty to actually answer what you were asked, as I said, you are a distinctly poor troll.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭gw80

I suggest a sulky racing track from Renmore to Parkmore up the dual carraigeway

I think this is a super suggestion seeing as they already block off all the lanes with lads hanging out of windows and race up and down it

It would never happen, think of all the massive gatherings and the subsequent argy bargy that would happen, and also if the council built it they would be on the hook for any accidents and injury that happened there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Wasn't actually being serious :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭gw80

Wasn't actually being serious :pac:

Yea, I kinda taught that, but at first its sounds like the logical solution but it would just end up being a nightmare,

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

What do you suggest?

I suggest giving the cnuts absolutely nothing until they learn to behave like civilised people because the carrot approach certainly isn't working.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

What do you suggest?

Give them work cleaning up their mess oh how silly I mean the Amish and settled peeps mess in the sites and behind them....

Get them working on building sites and actual road building projects....

Endless endless stuff they could actually do instead of criminality.

What do you suggest?

Give them work cleaning up their mess oh how silly I mean the Amish and settled peeps mess in the sites and behind them....

Pfft. No money in that, Boss.

What do you suggest?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

While we're at it.

1.Cut off their welfare payments & 'entitlements'.

2.Close down Pavee Point & all the other traveller quangos, support groups etc.

3.Apply the laws of the land to them in the same way as it is applied to the rest of us.

They constantly abuse & complain about the settled people or 'Buffers' as they call us.

Fine.

If they insist on chewing off the hand that feeds them, apply the 3 point plan as laid out above.

It could knock the corners off them fairly sharpish!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Did you just read what i said. I volunteer on courses that help travelers learn how to care for horses.

My god. The virtue signalling in this thread ...

You don't help horses by tearing travelers down you build people up.

I am under no illusion that i am some horse savoir get a grip!

Most travelers know more about horses than i do ffs.

I am just a normal person.

Oh the irony.
    Stuff travelers have done.

Won Olympic medals.

For fighting.
    This thread has descended into pure bigotry and is basically a hatefest for bitter people who have probably never met a traveler.

Thus this thread no longer has value.

Its just a meaningless back and forth. Its not going anywhere.

Just today I dropped my daughter off in an estate where some of the esteemed Bernard's cousins were parachuted in overnight. As I was getting something out of ther boot a 3yr old boy came over to me and started shouting "F*cking d1ckhead" and "****inf ba$tard " at me. I blanked him and carried on. Lovely way to teach your children to speak.
    Boxing, music and acting has seen the best representatives of the traveling community.

As above "fighting"
    The Fureys and the late Pecker Dunne. Both highly admirable.
    The guy who played Blackie Connors in Glenroe was in Fair City for a stint.

Sin é
    Its not a liberal idea

I just think some British people see just see us and travelers as the same. And not always in a flattering light. As in Irish people always have horses on the lawn etc. So some Irish people feel the need to impress the Brits by distinguishing themselves from Travelers instead of being proud of who we are.

It's probably a mental theory imo though.

Yeah we don't want to be associated but we are even though settled Irish people and Irish travelers are very different. But there you some people see us as the same.

Irish pride is just us being proud of being Irish and not letting what people think of us become our opinion of ourselves.

I've been over and back to England a good few times over the years. I've a hell of a lot of English friends. Nobody I've met ever had that mindset. You're making that up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ruraldweller56

They are not being chased by cars you obviously don't know enough about horses to understand. They are being DRIVEN by the driver in the sulky and many horses drive carriages on the roads with cars. Its not a problem.

I don't mean to be offensive. But this is really ignorant comment to make. Please educate yourself.

The cars are a safe enough way from the horses. And its clear the horses are used to them. They are being driven by the driver who has the hands of god imo. Driving a horse in a harness is really hard i've seen it gone really wrong a lot. These guys are experts. And I am not being mean but these guys know WAY more about horses than the average poster on boards.ie including yourself.

Harness racing is huge in the states and they are often raced on the roads.

Who do you think did a better job?

It might not be a good idea to race on the open road but they highly highly skilled i assure you.

Where I live a horse died in the Middle of a main road of a heart attack after being gently and skilfully ridden down a road where cars buses and trucks were passing by.

That animal gave its life so that some other people can have a culture.

And BTW the Queen of England and her ilk are every bit as reprehensible so don't bother going there.

People like her and the people you defend have oppressed and stolen from the rest of us for far too long and we're all good and sick of it.

BattleCorp wrote: »

I'f they've dumped it you can be sure there's no monetary value left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

Dear sweet baby jebus....how many rounds would this last with all the prancing around if it happened (cant see it however)

One line there. "That's just a scam"

I don't use Twitter but I'm thinking of signing up to ask B about his brother's house painting activities. "Scam" doesn't even start to describe it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

"Taking money from from people, that's your nature"

COMING FROM A TRAVELER!

Jesus in heaven that guy is ****ing clown.

"Taking money from from people, that's your nature"

COMING FROM A TRAVELER!

Jesus in heaven that guy is ****ing clown.

Unbelievable. Except, it's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭no.8

sligojoek wrote:
    Just today I dropped my daughter off in an estate where some of the esteemed Bernard's cousins were parachuted in overnight. As I was getting something out of ther boot a 3yr old boy came over to me and started shouting "F*cking d1ckhead" and "****inf ba$tard " at me. I blanked him and carried on. Lovely way to teach your children to speak.

I feel for you there. Horrible way to raise kids who have no respect for anyone but their own. The biggest bigots of the lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,941 ✭✭✭normanoffside

• Advertisement

Good man Peter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement