Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silence of the Wolves - A Game of Werewolf GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Why do you think GnR is Village? It’s commendable that you do considering his attack on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

First 11 posters and I’m still working off the theory of at least one wolf in there.

Kolido - I think could be a wolf
    Quickbeam - leaning village
    Fixxxer - I think could be a wolf
    Loughc - FBI Trainee
    Green - leaning village
    Andy - leaning village
    Strawberry - FBI Trainee
    Kitten - FBI Trainee
    Tritium - FBI Trainee
    Triceratops - I think could be a wolf
    Barney - FBI Trainee

If thats the case, then there are 2 wolves in the other 13 (1 now with digi gone). When you first brought up this tactic, you had better odds of catching a wolf in the 2nd tier.

Kolido wrote: »
    If thats the case, then there are 2 wolves in the other 13 (1 now with digi gone). When you first brought up this tactic, you had better odds of catching a wolf in the 2nd tier.

Sorry, I mean the other 12.

quickbeam wrote: »
    Why do you think GnR is Village? It’s commendable that you do considering his attack on you.

I think it’s just his general manner throughout the game. He isn’t holding back with his thoughts at all. A wolf would throw some accusations out and take a step back again into the shadows but green, he was not one bit happy when the votes started to move off me and I think that’s a village trait.

He’s wrong about me but he’s prepared to stick to his beliefs.

Kolido wrote: »

I said at least and I do have 3 suspects in that list.

• Advertisement

I said at least and I do have 3 suspects in that list.

So you have 3 suspects in a list of 6. Thats pretty good going in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Am I the only one who thinks we should be granting immunity for the Village5 until we find at least one more wolf?

SKeith advocating killing one of them is almost too wolfie.
    I’m still suss on Strawbs, it’s convenient that SKeith isn’t in the first 11 posters. As I’ve said before an absolute nonsense argument

My money is still on Strawbs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Green&Red wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks we should be granting immunity for the Village5 until we find at least one more wolf?

I’m still suss on Strawbs, it’s convenient that SKeith isn’t in the first 11 posters. As I’ve said before an absolute nonsense argument

If I wasn't one of them, I'd lean the same way, however, as I am one of the, I guess you can't trust me saying that? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    sKeith any comments on the notes I posted earlier?

Any response at all?

Just in case, I've copied my notes below:

sKeith Voted kitten Lynch 1, CTK Lynch 2. Aggressive play - taking on leader role yet not munched - double/triple bluff? Not convinced he's village but not convinced he's wolf. Neutral for now. Leaning wolfier Can't warm to style this game. Always annoys me when other people think how they play is how everyone should play though so keep this in mind. Interactions with G n R and safelisting of same are interesting. Consistent and paying attention. Still neutral. Scares me a little this one. Moved onto kitten when Strawbs moves off and effectively ensures a kitten lynch BUT then Trit is munched. First thoughts are that he must be good. Tunnel alert here!Second thought has me conjuring a plot wherein by effectively 'clearing' me, he becomes cleared. Closer look needed when other reads are done. Strawbs effectively clears him for this - does she also clear me for same? Yes but with reservations. Skeith = Village for now. Finding a wolf would help me a lot. Has been loud and cage-rattling. Moving onto Kitten at the last minute confirmed her death and then munching into those three voters DOES seem unlikely. Essentially I'm clearing him for the same reason he is clearing me. That said, he is a good player who may be using the very unlikely nature of that action to hide. Also, shouldn't I look more suspicious at this stage? If I was another player I'd probably be more suss of me. Could this be an attempt to pocket? His play continues to bother me. GnR accuses Strawbs 13:22. Skeith posts response at 14:25 after GnR requests one #1304. Somewhat wishy -washy, essentially asks for more evidence. Notes that Digi wagon is leading shortly after. Says he's fence sitting re Strawbs. Is the one to ask Strawbs who to run against her. Accuses Pter of trying to kill the conversation around Strawbs v Kolido when Pter raises the plan to look at low posters again - while being aware that low-poster wolf Digi is in trouble. The timing of declaring a vote for fixxer yesterday came after 3 declared Strawbs. Has avoided answering direct questions a fair bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Does a sKeith and strawbs team make sense. I need to look at how the votes have gone again with that in mind.

• Advertisement

Not that you probably want my opinion but I think it’s a good idea. I think someone else said that even in an absolute worst case scenario of 2 wolves in that 5, there would still be a majority of 3 villagers.

I still think yous should get it over with and lynch me next. At least then you might take more notice of who I suspect.

Pter wrote: »
    Does a sKeith and strawbs team make sense. I need to look at how the votes have gone again with that in mind.

Honestly not sure but I'm more focused on the possibility of sKeith being bad than Strawbs right now. It's been a niggle for the whole game.

Also am devastated by Heineken Cup :(

Ectoplasm wrote:
    Honestly not sure but I'm more focused on the possibility of sKeith being bad than Strawbs right now. It's been a niggle for the whole game.

I'm not inclined to believe strawbs is a wolf but I want to verify if there is a link between them or not. Could end up important.

Not that you probably want my opinion but I think it’s a good idea. I think someone else said that even in an absolute worst case scenario of 2 wolves in that 5, there would still be a majority of 3 villagers.

I still think yous should get it over with and lynch me next. At least then you might take more notice of who I suspect.

Strawbs if you’d commit to the plan then it would be good for the town. I’d be happy with that

I pointed out after voting closed last nite that SKeith discreetly moves things away from Strawbs. I had to directly ask him to comment on my ISO of her. He was online and active at the time but he refused to acknowledge a comprehensive post accusing someone

I'm not inclined to believe strawbs is a wolf but I want to verify if there is a link between them or not. Could end up important.

If you look at my notes on the timing, it struck me that 3 people declared and then he went fixxxer. I'd feel better if he'd respond...

My gut tells me it’s a possibility (see my reads from this morning). I’m not going heavy into the theory though until I’ve done a proper read back and ISO on them. At this stage that is probably more likely to be tomorrow.

I’d be sorta gutted if it turned out to be true though. I had leaned Villager on both of them up until the CFD last night.

Like Tusk, I’d be wary of giving an opinion here since I’m one of them.

quickbeam wrote: »
    Like Tusk, I’d be wary of giving an opinion here since I’m one of them.

Think about it though QB, assuming you're village, if you hadn't voted for Digi would you think this was a good plan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

Am I doing an iso on SKeith or not? It’ll take me a while but I don’t mind if people will find it useful

• Advertisement

Strawbs if you’d commit to the plan then it would be good for the town. I’d be happy with that

I’ll commit no problem

Please dandy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

Ok, I’ll be back in a while with it

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Think about it though QB, assuming you're village, if you hadn't voted for Digi would you think this was a good plan?

Ecto, would you commit to voting with them?
    The wolves should be very scared of a voting block like that. The extra voters will be needed once the wolves start killing off the Village5.

Even with the risk that one of them is a wolf it’s a good strategy

The wolves should be very scared of a voting block like that. The extra voters will be needed once the wolves start killing off the Village5.

Actually could someone pick holes in the strategy? Maybe I’m tunnelling it and not seeing the risks

Your idea is plausable gnr, but if the wolves did the unthinkable, both voted digi, then we are pretty much screwed.

I dont have any wolf leans on the digi5 though at this time.

Kolido wrote:
    Your idea is plausable gnr, but if the wolves did the unthinkable, both voted digi, then we are pretty much screwed.

If only 3 of the 5 of us die in the next 4 munches, I'd suggest you have 1 or 2 wolves.

If only 3 of the 5 of us die in the next 4 munches, I'd suggest you have 1 or 2 wolves.

Sorry but that made me lol.

That would be the worst wolf team ever!

If they can all agree yeah.

In terms of holes, well if both wolves did bus Digi then we run into issues pretty quickly unless we find a wolf in next 2 lynches and having (most likely) created a singular wagon we won't have vote history to learn from. If we also did FFAs that might give us some info to work from.

If we do find a wolf in next couple of lynches then we'd be in a great position.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

what if there's a very strong wolf in the village5 swaying votes, but no munches on village5? How would that play out.

As you've probably seen, I'm not necessarily a stongly opinionated player, so I feel I could be swayed easier than most.

Advertisement