Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

A gunman is on the run from gardai after shots were fired at a house in West Dublin this morning.

The incident happened on Whitechapel road in Clonsilla with the shooter fleeing the area.

Gardai rushed to the house and are currently at the scene investigating.

There are no reports of serious damage or any injuries.

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/gardai-rush-scene-after-gunman-16163401

Gardai arrested a man in his 30s after a follow up search in Waterville Terrace in Blanchardstown.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Saw this photo put up on RSA checkpoint watch page earlier on and thought it was seriously OTT. Northbound M50 at cherrywood. Would it have anything to do with fella on the run?

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/driver-outstanding-arrest-warrant-among-16164191

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭utmbuilder

My Gosh I drove to Balbriggan at 8pm, about 100 teens , 10 or so different gangs of each

About 50/50 in regards white kids and black kids.

You literally would only feel safe as a grown man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Three people attempted mugging in Rush this Saturday night. A man and his wife walking home from a night out. Threatened to stab them etc. They kept their cool and kept walking and they never followed them. One white teen keeping lookout and 2 black teens threatening them. Scumbags!!

EDIT: LINK https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/attack-lusk-rush-dublin-easter-16166978

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

Its reports like this ^^ that make me glad i have a second amendment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

You can keep it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

3 cyclists were stopped and had their bikes stolen from them on the Grand Canal https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/huge-gang-teens-attack-three-16163839
    At the Grand Canal Dock, a woman was pushed into the water by laughing teenagers https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/gang-up-20-teens-run-16163122?fbclid=IwAR2zgc-qV1l2QiKQ93lxXdAhD226DpiZg2HZ9aXQ-fL4niB_JgtumrnxATA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dannyriver

It s remarks like that that make me glad we don't have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

You shouldn't be allowed to defend yourself how dare you, what if someone got hurt?

Hunchback wrote: »
    You can keep it
    Dannyriver wrote: »
    It s remarks like that that make me glad we don't have one.

both of you are correct, what was i thinking
    its much better to be beat into a coma or worse yet, to death rather than defend yourself

edit: thanks Badly Drunk Boy for having a sense of humor

• Advertisement

its much better to be beat into a comma or worse yet, to death rather than defend yourself

Make it easy for dangerous people to acquire guns, no thanks.

news flash, dangerous people already have firearms. Do you think they care about the law?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭Odelay

its much better to be beat into a comma or worse yet, to death rather than defend yourself

Yeah....... the whole guns thing, that’s really working out well over there...... the reason sooooo many other countries want to do the same...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Big problem seems to be when these groups of teens get big, like groups of 20-100 teenagers.

Is that a new thing, I rarely remember groups that big when I was a teenager. Young lads in those kind of groups can do worse things since there is a diffusion of responsibility and they are also trying to one up each other with what they are willing to do.

Odelay wrote: »
    Yeah....... the whole guns thing, that’s really working out well over there

yes it is, thank you

other countries don't have the balls... new zealand used to but their balls are now kept in jacinda ardern's purse

news flash, dangerous people already have firearms. Do you think they care about the law?

News flash the second amendment is an unmitigated disaster and thankfully

'Support for gun control over the protection of gun rights in America is highest among 18 to 29-year-olds, according to a study by the Pew Research Centre'

So the tide seems to be turning.

i would expect nothing less from the snowflake generation

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Usual group at the mill centre in clondalkin causing mayhem at the weekend. Giving the staff in McDonalds grief. The owner had to come stand outside the store for about 4 hours while getting pushed and shoved by 14 and 15 year olds in a group of 20 -30. Including a young girl with a baby in a pram at the very centre of it screaming and shouting at the McDonalds staff and the gardai the 3 or 4 times they had to come over.

The scatter for a bit when garda cara and bikes come on and chase them , then come back when they leave, rinse and repeat.

This is all in a car park 20 metres straight across from the front door or the garda station. Same group back sitting outside the last night.

for a county that relies heavily upon tourism this is not good

• Advertisement

Usual group at the mill centre in clondalkin causing mayhem at the weekend. Giving the staff in McDonalds grief. The owner had to come stand outside the store for about 4 hours while getting pushed and shoved by 14 and 15 year olds in a group of 20 -30. Including a young girl with a baby in a pram at the very centre of it screaming and shouting at the McDonalds staff and the gardai the 3 or 4 times they had to come over.

The scatter for a bit when garda cara and bikes come on and chase them , then come back when they leave, rinse and repeat.

This is all in a car park 20 metres straight across from the front door or the garda station. Same group back sitting outside the last night.

Garda Cara must be some woman

• Registered Users Posts: 6,481 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

its much better to be beat into a comma or worse yet...
    ...a colon?

...a colon?

:D lol, no one likes being in a comma

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Ush1 wrote: »
    Big problem seems to be when these groups of teens get big, like groups of 20-100 teenagers.

Is that a new thing, I rarely remember groups that big when I was a teenager. Young lads in those kind of groups can do worse things since there is a diffusion of responsibility and they are also trying to one up each other with what they are willing to do.

rubber bullets and tear gas time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

Ush1 wrote: »

It's not a new thing. Might be new to some areas though.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭rgodard80a

rubber bullets and tear gas time

ASBO time, curfews and fines directed at their parents.

rgodard80a wrote: »
    ASBO time, curfews and fines directed at their parents.

They introduced asbos or something similar a few years back, did f*ck all.

My friend....... you don't watch the news?

El_Bee wrote: »
    My friend....... you don't watch the news?

Hi Pal.....Did I miss something? Last I looked we don't have the right to keep and bear arms in this country.

• Advertisement

Hi Pal.....Did I miss something? Last I looked we don't have the right to keep and bear arms in this country.

Yet you seem to think those laws prevents dangerous people from obtaining firearms.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement