Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

givyjoe wrote: »
    Oh Ffs yourself. Keep sticking your head in the sand because you personally haven't seen it. What's Portadown go to do with Dublin, that's where I'm referring to. I suppose the lad that was beaten near to death and filmed, wasn't beaten by one of these gangs, despite the ring leaders being clearly identified.

Again, the way you're talking, you'd swear you were omnipotent. Where do you live, me thinks you're telling porky pies or maybe you are just genuinely lucky to not have run into these gangs in one of the affected areas.

Seen as you're a fan of statistics, are you telling me you don't find it concerning that certain sections of society seem to be disproportionately committing acts of violence? And before you whinge about the all the scummer whiteys at it, well yes there are 'loads', because native Irish folks make up most of the population. I've no doubt you think this 'picking on' African gangs is somehow racism, except as others have noted multiple times, you don't see threads complaining about Chinese, Indian, Japanese, Korean gangs etc. I wonder why that is?

Can you link to the statistics you are referring to?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

MrFresh wrote: »
    Can you link to the statistics you are referring to?

Ah, silly you again. Did you miss the part where I said 'seem'? I'm not claiming statistical evidence in this case, yet. This was a tongue in cheek nod to Franz's earlier nonsense in stats. Funny, you didn't seem too intererested in asking him for stats?

These folks don't seem to have gone far enough the system yet to have made a dent to place themselves alongside our friends in the travelling community, you know, the ones with the disproportionate incarceration rates.

givyjoe wrote: »
    Ah, silly you again. Did you miss the part where I said 'seem'? I'm not claiming statistical evidence in this case, yet. This was a tongue in cheek nod to Franz's earlier nonsense in stats. Funny, you didn't seem too intererested in asking him for stats?

These folks don't seem to have gone far enough the system yet to have made a dent to place themselves alongside our friends in the travelling community, you know, the ones with the disproportionate incarceration rates.

So you are just making up facts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

You guys don't even begin to understand the rudimentary of statistics. If I had once been on the Dart then you may have a point.

Instead I am on it 3-7 times a week northbound ( double that in total). Across all times, I get home anytime from 6pm to midnight if I go out. And in between. Rowdy gangs ( like the locals I saw yesterday) I can see anywhere on the platform. I go to all of the stops, and yet here we are - Ive seen nothing.

I work in Dublin every day. I’ve never seen a Hutch or Kinihan gang. Must be blown out of proportion.

I work in Dublin every day. I’ve never seen a Hutch or Kinihan gang. Must be blown out of proportion.

How do you know you've never seen a member of one of the gangs?

• Advertisement

How do you know you've never seen a member of one of the gangs?

I've never seen a shooting or a shooting crime scene MrPedant

That's because they are relatively rare.

That's because they are relatively rare.

Relatively rare?? Theres almost one a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

I believe in Hutch but I think our parents made Kinahan up to scare us into being good.

Eat your veggies now or I'll call Kinahan.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭reg114

I feel sorry for people who bought houses in Balbriggan. It has been destroyed by semi-feral immigrant teenagers and young adults. A depressing kip of a town.

Because we have no 'indigenous' feral teenage miscreants at all here ...

• Advertisement

reg114 wrote: »
    Because we have no 'indigenous' feral teenage miscreants at all here ...

The same straw man still going strong. Who cares about muslim rape gangs, shure we have rapists here. Who cares about gangs of black youths modelling themselves on the London roadman gangs, shure we have scumbags here.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,983 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Danzy wrote: »
    Balbriggan is so enriched at this stage that in years to come it will be a violent ****hole, to a level we have not seen here.

Pity, it is a nice town, had so much going for it.

This.. I have a cousin living there, a very nice estate but she can’t wait to get out of the area. ‘Gone tomorrow’ are the words she used last week when I was out there. Growing up...Balbriggan was somewhere to go for a tranquil day out / drive, the beauty is maintained but the number of feral fûcks apparently is off the scale.

Relatively rare?? Theres almost one a week.

Related to the Kinahan Hutch thing? I don't think that is correct.

The same straw man still going strong. Who cares about muslim rape gangs, shure we have rapists here. Who cares about gangs of black youths modelling themselves on the London roadman gangs, shure we have scumbags here.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ironic that you make up a strawman to complain about one. The argument isn't "who cares about". The argument is that immigrants, by their nature, are no more prone to crime than Irish people, and it is not a valid reason to fear immigration.

Related to the Kinahan Hutch thing? I don't think that is correct.

Ironic that you make up a strawman to complain about one. The argument isn't "who cares about". The argument is that immigrants, by their nature, are no more prone to crime than Irish people, and it is not a valid reason to fear immigration.

Prison statistics around Europe would disagree with you on that.

Prison statistics around Europe would disagree with you on that.

I doubt there's any statistics that cover it. Crime statistics rarely look at the nature of people who commit crime.

I doubt there's any statistics that cover it. Crime statistics rarely look at the nature of people who commit crime.

"Immigrants are 21% of prisoners in Europe. Switzerland tops the list. Immigrants account for the 21% of prisoners in Europe, surprise for Switzerland, Italy and the case of foreign pre-trial detainees.

In its reports Space I and Space II, the University of Lausanne, Switzerland, collected the most recent data on the prison situation in Europe."

So over 1 in 5 in prison in Europe is an immigrant.

"Immigrants are 21% of prisoners in Europe. Switzerland tops the list. Immigrants account for the 21% of prisoners in Europe, surprise for Switzerland, Italy and the case of foreign pre-trial detainees.

In its reports Space I and Space II, the University of Lausanne, Switzerland, collected the most recent data on the prison situation in Europe."

So over 1 in 5 in prison in Europe is an immigrant.

You didn't properly read what I said. A person isn't more likely to commit a crime simply because they are an immigrant.

• Site Banned Posts: 11 rays cyst

It’s getting like an episode of Huangs World out there. Theres enough of our own action bronsons to contribute to the debacle

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

How do you know you've never seen a shooting..:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Whatever about the apologists on the thread, now we have people denying these attacks ever happened at all.

• Advertisement

pablo128 wrote: »
    Whatever about the apologists on the thread, now we have people denying these attacks ever happened at all.

Nothing to see here, move along. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

pablo128 wrote: »

That's how they do it..

Deny, Deflect and ignore..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,036 ✭✭✭Jeff2

How come media don't post photes of Mr flashy Glen ward.?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,036 ✭✭✭Jeff2

• Registered Users Posts: 81,823 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Jeff2 wrote: »

Must be politiclly connected, they have no problem mentioning the K's with zero actual evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

Must be politiclly connected, they have no problem mentioning the K's with zero actual evidence.

its cos they don't want libel problems. And a lot of the stuff they can write about "mr Flashy" is bull**** and since Mr.Flashy isn't really a person.
    Once they name and photo him they cant write their lies anymore cos he could sue.
    Also he has no convictions so it's actually hard to say - there's your man mr.flashy without getting into bother.

his cronies can be shown cos they have convictions esp for feud related stuff.

The k's are a different thing, Mr K senior has been convicted a few times probably other stuff too like the K Cartel isn't an actual person and can mean anything...they never say DK himself did this or that unless it's some generic nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭liamoreilly

... Really sad news about 29 year old Lyra Mckee, shot dead in Derry last night during riots...Have heard of her a bit and she seems a lovely person...
    https://www.rte.ie/news/2019/0419/1043528-dery-shooting/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

A gunman is on the run from gardai after shots were fired at a house in West Dublin this morning.

The incident happened on Whitechapel road in Clonsilla with the shooter fleeing the area.

Gardai rushed to the house and are currently at the scene investigating.

There are no reports of serious damage or any injuries.

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/gardai-rush-scene-after-gunman-16163401

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Saw this photo put up on RSA checkpoint watch page earlier on and thought it was seriously OTT. Northbound M50 at cherrywood. Would it have anything to do with fella on the run?

C2-C93-D4-F-F948-4392-8-F0-A-B79-B70-F87-BBB.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Saw this photo put up on RSA checkpoint watch page earlier on and thought it was seriously OTT. Northbound M50 at cherrywood. Would it have anything to do with fella on the run?

C2-C93-D4-F-F948-4392-8-F0-A-B79-B70-F87-BBB.png

Don't know for sure but I doubt it, I'd say it's more a political exercise\show of strength towards Anti drink driving during Easter bank holiday.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement