Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

I feel sorry for people who bought houses in Balbriggan. It has been destroyed by semi-feral immigrant teenagers and young adults. A depressing kip of a town.

I'm out on one of the estates on the Skerries Road, overlooking the sea. They never venture up this far. They generally hang around that chicken place on the main Street, FLC I think it's called.
    (insert fried chicken and koolaid stereotype here) I'm a bogey looking f*cker so when I'm walking down past the place after a drink in The Harvest they part like the red sea. Never had any bother with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dannyriver

El_Bee wrote: »
    Yet you seem to think those laws prevents dangerous people from obtaining firearms.

No I dont , a dangerous person is anyone that can t control their anger issues and therefore experience emotional hi jack regularly and use violence when in that state. I'm obviously not referring to gangsters who obtain weapons illegally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

nice backpedal attempt

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

I'm out on one of the estates on the Skerries Road, overlooking the sea. They never venture up this far. They generally hang around that chicken place on the main Street, FLC I think it's called.
    (insert fried chicken and koolaid stereotype here) I'm a bogey looking f*cker so when I'm walking down past the place after a drink in The Harvest they part like the red sea. Never had any bother with them.

I’m surprised that place hasn’t decimated their numbers by way of food poisoning :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dannyriver

nice backpedal attempt

If you re referring to me back pedaling explain to me how so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

MrFresh wrote: »
    It's not a new thing. Might be new to some areas though.

The frequency of it is a new thing. Social media has made it easy for these feral scum to organize meet ups quick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

BeerWolf wrote: »
    The frequency of it is a new thing. Social media has made it easy for these feral scum to organize meet ups quick.

The frequency of it is not new. The reporting of it has gone up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

This talk of guns being illegal, theres loads of firearms in dublin.
    Im based in north inner city, i can say with confidence that i could buy / rent a handgun without problem, I'd probably have it in an hour max.
    I remember going back 20 years ago, i frequented a real old school bodybuilding gym. In 2 years training there i seen plenty of guns getting passed.

Guns in abundance lol

I’m surprised that place hasn’t decimated their numbers by way of food poisoning :pac:

They've actually cleaned up their act big time of late. I enjoy their lamb shoarma from time to time. I do suspect that they employ non nationals without work permits though.. bloody gangs from Bangladesh at it again.

They've actually cleaned up their act big time of late. I enjoy their lamb shoarma from time to time. I do suspect that they employ non nationals without work permits though.. bloody gangs from Bangladesh at it again.

Haven’t had anything from it in years. It used to be called Benny’s but some people called it runnys :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Haven’t had anything from it in years. It used to be called Benny’s but some people called it runnys :pac:

Can't be worse than Deli Burger:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,393 ✭✭✭KevRossi

rgodard80a wrote: »
    ASBO time, curfews and fines directed at their parents.

Doesn't work. I know from a community worker in the UK that Asbo's have little to no effect, some kids go out to get one on purpose as a 'badge of honour'.

When I lived in Marseille I saw this creeping into an estate where a friend of mine lived, police did nothing. It was a new estate between two older ones, so gangs from the neighbouring areas wanted this estate as part of their 'territory'.

So the locals set up a vigilante group and bet the crap out of every gang who showed up. The whole thing died down after a few months and the scum kept to their own areas.

Can't be worse than Deli Burger:(

Ah here, nothing wrong with that place at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Ah here, nothing wrong with that place at all.

Oh I'd have to disagree. Now it's been a long long long time since I had anything from there but back when I rented in Balbriggan, about 2005, it made me very queasy on the occasions that I had something. I bought there in 2011 and haven't eaten from Deli Burger once.

Oh I'd have to disagree. Now it's been a long long long time since I had anything from there but back when I rented in Balbriggan, about 2005, it made me very queasy on the occasions that I had something. I bought there in 2011 and haven't eaten from Deli Burger once.

The wife would never get anything out of there for years, only started using it in the last 2 years and now she wouldn’t go anywhere else. Can’t fault it myself.

There actually among the best of a bad lot kintaro, one issue I would have is that 9 times outta ten they don't comprehend that no onions means NO F*CKIN ONIONS! Gang of Italian rascals

• Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

The wife would never get anything out of there for years, only started using it in the last 2 years and now she wouldn’t go anywhere else. Can’t fault it myself.
    There actually among the best of a bad lot kintaro, one issue I would have is that 9 times outta ten they don't comprehend that no onions means NO F*CKIN ONIONS! Gang of Italian rascals

Perhaps it's changed in all that time so.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Dannyriver wrote: »
    News flash the second amendment is an unmitigated disaster and thankfully

'Support for gun control over the protection of gun rights in America is highest among 18 to 29-year-olds, according to a study by the Pew Research Centre'

So the tide seems to be turning.

The second ammendment needs reform - tweaking in order to reflect today's reality re_ high powered weapons, also needs to be restricted to people who are free of severe mental health issues, unfortunately the ideologues dominate the discussion and republican politicians cynically exploit this for votes.

Otherwise it's a good principal, wish we had more of a philosophy here which enshrines the right to defend one's home, Americans don't trust government to always be there and they are right

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Shots fired in Cushlawn Park last night in Tallaght outside a house.

"Immigrants are 21% of prisoners in Europe. Switzerland tops the list. Immigrants account for the 21% of prisoners in Europe, surprise for Switzerland, Italy and the case of foreign pre-trial detainees.

In its reports Space I and Space II, the University of Lausanne, Switzerland, collected the most recent data on the prison situation in Europe."

So over 1 in 5 in prison in Europe is an immigrant.

Useful to know but the left will gormlessly mumble about" inequality "etc when presented with these facts

Until the left cease owning the conversation surrounding crime and anti social behaviour culture, things will get worse, we need to start over when it comes to tackling delinquency, the last thirty years of having the quangos and RTE telling us it's all down to "poverty" ( there has never been less poverty) has brought us nothing but social decline, we must stop listening to these idiots who arrogantly believe they inherently know best

Right now the thing is framed as an economic issue instead of both a law and order and cultural one

• Advertisement

pablo128 wrote: »
    Whatever about the apologists on the thread, now we have people denying these attacks ever happened at all.

Colette browne ( journalist) flat out rejected the allegation that African gangs were active in West and North Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Portadown?

The video wasn’t shot in portadown.it cut to two lads at the end from portadown. That’s all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

The video wasn’t shot in portadown.it cut to two lads at the end from portadown. That’s all.

Video was recorded from this spot, outside Grafton Recruitment. Malibu Sunbed Studio across the road is also visible in the video.

https://www.google.ie/maps/@54.4229192,-6.4435934,3a,75y,193.43h,83.16t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sy3Quu2BCQy4vxNc33bmJjQ!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭SSr0

Why are you lying?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Jaster Rogue

History has shown that these kind of problems generally get a lot worse before they get better (if at all). If I lived in Balbriggan or Tyrellstown, I would sell and get out while you still can. The property will become worthless in the future if this kind of gang activity escalates. In Detroit, (after decades of gang trouble) you can buy houses for $1 in some areas, in other areas the govt actually pay you to take the houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

In my own anecdotal experience these things can change over time though. When I was in college, a lot of my friends lived in the immediate vicinity of Cork Street, Donore Avenue and Dolphin's Barn Street (Darley's Terrace and Eugene Street were two places with extraordinarily cheap rents for being so close to the city) and whenever I'd go to a session, my parents who used to live on Donore Avenue would try to scare me with absolute horror stories about large and dangerous gangs from two nearby estates, who apparently made the place an absolute hellhole to live in around the 80s and 90s. When we were close by, there were certainly a lot of break-ins and thefts which went on, but very little by way of the random gang vs gang violence our parents had warned us about living in the area. There was also a strong Garda presence, with an almost permanent checkpoint at the end of the street. I can only imagine that this has amplified significantly since the Kinahan / Hutch feud ignited, since some of the involved folks hail from around Cork Street and Maryland. Even during my time in college there, from 2011 to 2015, things changed significantly - there were a lot more robberies and vandalism incidents during the earlier stages from 2012-2014, and not so much from 2014 onwards.

On the other hand, the patch up around the Guinness Storehouse (school street, braithwaite street, marrowbone lane, basin street) was an absolute no-go area after dark and we avoided it like the plague. Anyone who lived in The Liberties at the time learned very quickly how to navigate the area and avoid these particular streets, especially after dark. None of our families, to my knowledge, ever warned anyone about those particular areas being dangerous (apart from Basin St which seems to have always had a bit of notoriety). So it would seem that over time, the areas which had been full of dangerous gang violence had quietened down a lot, while nearby areas which formerly hadn't been considered dangerous had deteriorated fairly substantially.

This was all in and around 2014 (roughly coinciding with when the area I described in the previous paragraph began to quieten down significantly, leading me to believe that the same groups were probably involved and moved their bullsh!t to avoid the Garda presence) and most of us don't live in the area anymore, so I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if the Marrowbone / Guinness area had calmed down since, and another new nearby patch had "inherited" the gang crap which formerly plagued these streets. It seems to migrate around localised regions when it crops up, such that specific areas and streets will come and go as hotspots for gang violence.

Does this mirror anyone else's experiences of living in 'known' dangerous areas for gang violence? I always interpreted it as a sort of "whack a mole" thing with the Gardaí, where they'd clamp down on one specific set of streets, and after a few weeks or months of relative calm, the assholes involved would have found new "turf" nearby to continue their bullsh!t.

When it comes to people here advising folks to sell up and get out, this is why I would be somewhat hesitant. I'd have no problem at all recommending Cork Street / Donore Avenue or their smaller side-streets as places to live if someone asked me now, but I would have advised them to avoid like the plague if anyone had asked me six or seven years ago. On the other hand, I'd have recommended The Liberties in a heartbeat if someone had asked me in the early 2010s, but since 2014 I'd have to tell them that while my information may be out of date, the area between Pimlico and Guinness went from relatively chilled out to a dumpster fire in what seemed like a period of just one or two years. So don't assume that because your area has its share of bullsh!t right now, that it might not change significantly in a short space of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭enricoh

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Colette browne ( journalist) flat out rejected the allegation that African gangs were active in West and North Dublin

Haha, that one would reject that any immigrants in ireland would ever do anything wrong!! And racist to even suggest it!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

History has shown that these kind of problems generally get a lot worse before they get better (if at all). If I lived in Balbriggan or Tyrellstown, I would sell and get out while you still can. The property will become worthless in the future if this kind of gang activity escalates. In Detroit, (after decades of gang trouble) you can buy houses for $1 in some areas, in other areas the govt actually pay you to take the houses.

Maybe il be able to buy my own house yet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭emo72

2 helicopters and tons of Garda cars around ballyfermot Dublin. All good in the hood?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Maybe joyriders stole a helicopter?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement