Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 746 ✭✭✭GinAndBitter

dougm1970 wrote: »
    out of all the maybe applicable potential opponents...if i was to pick one i think would lose but give aj a good workout, and give us the best fight to watch....i honestly think it would be chisora....he'd lose, but he wouldnt be found wanting..he'd give it his all.

Del boy deserves the fight. If he slaughters this fella at the weekend he might get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Ach boys he’d get emptied. Couldn’t see it lasting 3 rounds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭dougm1970

tell you what, its some state of affairs when the world heavyweight title is up for grabs but finding an opponent thats ranked will be hard..due to.....some saying.... not enough time in 6 weeks to be ready (Adam Kownacki )....a lot of them have failed drugs tests (ortiz, browne, charr, stiverne ,povetkin, whyte)....some of them can't due to their networks and promoters blocking it (seemingly ortiz now).......whyte wants more money than on offer to him......wilder and fury, its become matter of fact that they are not in this conversation....joshuas already defended against parker, povetkin, brazele.

so. where are we....pulev ? or is he in hot water over kissing that woman on tv ?.......and chisora maybe, if he comes through a tough test saturday.....or maybe a wild card in oscar rivas who i dont hear spoke about much in all this (is whyte looking at him ?)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,985 ✭✭✭normanoffside

It's being reported that Miller has now failed a 2nd, separate drug test. This time for HGH.

He should be thrown out of the sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

It's being reported that Miller has now failed a 2nd, separate drug test. This time for HGH.

He should be thrown out of the sport.

Agree, drug cheats in any sport are despicable enough but drug cheats in a sport like boxing where the object is to win a fight against your opponent should face criminal charges.

• Advertisement

Unbelievably it seems Miller has now failed a 3rd test. This time for EPO

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Unbelievably it seems Miller has now failed a 3rd test. This time for EPO

Just seen that on Twitter, he failed for epo & edurobol so all in he's failed for 4 difference substances.

ASOT wrote: »
    Just seen that on Twitter, he failed for epo & edurobol so all in he's failed for 4 difference substances.

hes probably a natural welterweight

hes probably a natural welterweight

Scumbag out and out. The big denial the other day too. Now he’s posting videos about how much better a guy he’s gonna be. He’ll get his fat ass handed to him by a journeyman when he’s off the fuel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

Popping three times for three different things in such quick succession tells me someone has really ****ed up in their programme they gave to Miller. No way should that be happening.

Funny to see Dillashaw and now Miller popping for EPO in recent times, you can never stray away from a classic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

Would we think that he hasn't been too stringently tested beforehand...and now he's in for a big fight.... first real tests and he fails everything... can't be a coincidence in my book

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

Erik Shun wrote: »
    Would we think that he hasn't been too stringently tested beforehand...and now he's in for a big fight.... first real tests and he fails everything... can't be a coincidence in my book

Been at it for years I would say

Its a major problem

Worry now is Joshua won't find someone to step in that can pass Vada testing in 6 weeks

Didn't even know you could fail hgh test, that's supposed to be out of the body in a day, almost impossible to test for I thought?

Miller has an addiction problem with them imo, I see it all the time in gym I am in

If he's been on them for years, his hormones will be all over the place if he came off for Joshua fight, he would be in laughable condition

I saw Joe Joyce's manager asking Eddie to ring him on twitter. Is he a possible replacement?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Morrison J

I saw Joe Joyce's manager asking Eddie to ring him on twitter. Is he a possible replacement?

Can't see it in being a British opponent tbh. Two Brits fighting at 3am British time doesn't make much sense. Joyce an unknown in the States really too.

I'd be surprised if it's anyone but Hunter personally.

Morrison J wrote: »
    Can't see it in being a British opponent tbh. Two Brits fighting at 3am British time doesn't make much sense. Joyce an unknown in the States really too.

I think you’re right on that. Hunter won’t have anything like the size needed though. Pity I like him

squinn2912 wrote: »
    I think you’re right on that. Hunter won’t have anything like the size needed though. Pity I like him

actually, that shouldn't disqualify him...big disadvantage, but a heavyweight is a heavyweight..and hes a heavyweight now

Morrison J wrote: »

Yeah, it's not Joyce, looks like Hunter.

https://twitter.com/MichaelBensonn/status/1119670315225739264

actually, that shouldn't disqualify him...big disadvantage, but a heavyweight is a heavyweight..and hes a heavyweight now

Yea that’s fair enough but only stand out CWs can make an impression on hw. Usyk might, Haye did and clearly Holyfield. Hunter doesn’t belong in company like that. Nice lad and he’s surely talented but I think he was better of staying in CW

Yea that’s fair enough but only stand out CWs can make an impression on hw. Usyk might, Haye did and clearly Holyfield. Hunter doesn’t belong in company like that. Nice lad and he’s surely talented but I think he was better of staying in CW

Yes, even at 210-220lbs he looks a bit flabby, he’s not a big Cruiser.
    He’ll be fast though and should give an indicator as to how Usyk would get on with AJ.

yea...thats a fair assessment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Yes, even at 210-220lbs he looks a bit flabby, he’s not a big Cruiser.
    He’ll be fast though and should give an indicator as to how Usyk would get on with AJ.

Yep that’s true. I don’t think it’s much of an indication really. Usyk shut him out. Suppose hunter is as good a guide as Takam will be

Hunter won't last more than a round or two I'd say, the size difference will be massive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭megadodge

Yep that’s true. I don’t think it’s much of an indication really. Usyk shut him out. Suppose hunter is as good a guide as Takam will be

No he didn't.
    That was a close fight until the last 3-4 rounds. Usyk's engine won that fight for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

Hunter did quite well against Usyk but lost convincingly and probably lost a few years of his career towards the end, should have been stopped and it would have been by any competent referee. He should give Joshua a thing or two to think about for however long it lasts.

Whyte v Rivas announced for 20th July at the O2

How will Whyte Rivas go? Think whyte will be able to bully too much.
    Chisora eating some left hooks tonight. Don’t like the look of him here

Chisora eating some left hooks tonight. Don’t like the look of him here

Chisora has never been good.

Chisora has never been good.

Correct! Ultimate journeyman. Slow and lumbering. Easy fight for top guys. Winning this one though Gashi not doing much

• Advertisement

Correct! Ultimate journeyman. Slow and lumbering. Easy fight for top guys. Winning this one though Gashi not doing much

Gashi looks like a blown up middleweight.

Advertisement