Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Nice people on public transport. A woman was standing beside her luggage on the bus today and she wasn't elderly or anything but she was too warm or something and looked like she was struggling. Three people got on and off and sat in the seat nearest where she was standing in the time I was on the bus and each one of them offered her the seat. She didn't take it but it was nice that they all noticed her.

Also I was shopping and found the exact right accessories I wanted to go with a dress I'm wearing to a wedding soon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Infonovice

new job and all going well so far. each day flying by.
    I haven't been in a job in a long time where I'm actually eager to stay on after my shift is over.

maybe that says a lot about my life outside of work, by hey, it's not a bad complaint either lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

My bed is making me very TH right now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Resisted eating taytos last night (I’m off them for Lent). Very proud of my will power!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Very trivial but so happy I won't have to go to Easter ceremonies.

Come from a very religious family and the faith seems to have bypassed me. Always hated being forced to attend every event in the local church. As an adult I moved away and ignored the church. In later years when I visited I felt compelled to accompany my mother when she could no longer manage on her own.

I respected her faith and attended with good grace and she was never aware how I felt. It was the custom when I was little that everyone was a believer and so I kept my atheism to myself. I remember sitting in Mass as a very young child and wondering did anyone else feel as I did.

• Advertisement

Got paid today, which at first confused me because I usually don’t get paid till Friday. But then I remembered that tomorrow’s Good Friday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

A beautiful day in the South East today, it really lived up to it's name. I went out in a t shirt for the first time in I don't know how long. I saw a man driving a convertible and it made me smile :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,298 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Hearing the Tantum Ergo sung at Mass this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 16,105 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Husband opened the window for freshair . I was about to give out but instead TH to hear two blackbirds sing to each other. If he hadn't opened the window we wouldn't have been privy to their beautiful flirting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

Kids playing in the garden digging and filthy and climbing etc.....Xbox and fortnight being forgotten.

• Advertisement

2-year-old just ran into me in the kitchen and "shouted" in a panic 'leithreas!' so I went over to him and helped put him on the potty in the middle of the kitchen floor. He sat down, sighed and said... 'Goodness gracious!' and giggled to himself. I'm utterly bereft of an explanation for where he got that from!

I can hear him now in the other room "crying" and his 4-year-old sister, otherwise known as "Mammy" in this game it appears, is telling him he needs to cry better to be a real baby so he's now doing these hilariously exaggerated baby cries and she has this really concerned Mammy tone. The amount of acting, role playing and drama that goes on between them is fascinating. Long live that creative world.

branie2 wrote: »
    Hearing the Tantum Ergo sung at Mass this evening

Beautiful.

If any of you haven't been to the Botanic Gardens in Kilmacurragh in Wicklow, get there at this time of year. His lordship and I drove - well, technically, I drove and himself sat in his baby chair talking for Ireland about everything he could see - there yesterday and the place is gorgeous with cherry blossoms in full bloom across the place. Really stunning colours. Everybody seemed fascinated by the place. While it's busier than it was when I was last there 5 years ago, it's still relatively quiet. It has a great history of the introduction of exotic trees to Ireland in the 19th century.

Entrance is free, which is fantastic - although the café, which needs to be extended as it was packed, has Avoca prices. It's a lovely, little-visited escape from Dublin.

Kilmacurragh Gardens, Kilbride, Co. Wicklow

If any of you haven't been to the Botanic Gardens in Kilmacurragh in Wicklow, get there at this time of year. His lordship and I drove - well, technically, I drove and himself sat in his baby chair talking for Ireland about everything he could see - there yesterday and the place is gorgeous with cherry blossoms in full bloom across the place. Really stunning colours. Everybody seemed fascinated by the place. While it's busier than it was when I was last there 5 years ago, it's still relatively quiet. It has a great history of the introduction of exotic trees to Ireland in the 19th century.

Entrance is free, which is fantastic - although the café, which needs to be extended as it was packed, has Avoca prices. It's a lovely, little-visited escape from Dublin.

Kilmacurragh Gardens, Kilbride, Co. Wicklow
    Thank you !! Just googling where to go on this lovely day and it looks great

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Kilmacurragh Gardens are beautiful and very under appreciated.
    Similarly I think the Chester Beatty Library at the back of Dublin Castle, the Museum of Country Life near Castlebar are great and free to visit.
    I remember leaving the Chester Beatty and one of the staff asked me if I enjoyed it. When I said I did he said make sure to come back often and make the most of it as my taxes were paying for it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭This is it

Extra long weekend. Sitting in the sun enjoying lunch :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Kilmacurragh Gardens are beautiful and very under appreciated.
    Similarly I think the Chester Beatty Library at the back of Dublin Castle, the Museum of Country Life near Castlebar are great and free to visit.
    I remember leaving the Chester Beatty and one of the staff asked me if I enjoyed it. When I said I did he said make sure to come back often and make the most of it as my taxes were paying for it

Or maybe he fancied you poochie and that's why he wanted you to come back :pac:

Bf got me Ariana Grande’s newest album as an early birthday present, and it’s such s good album to play in the car :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Thank you, next :D

My new hairdo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Spent the day tidying up the garden, the cat was my shadow for the day, TH seeing her so happy and content in the beautiful warm sunshine, she's gone indoors now for a rest

• Advertisement

Lovely Good Friday ceremony in our local church

Eating a hot cross bun earlier

Is there anything more TH than bringing in washing and it's actually dry !

• Registered Users Posts: 21,846 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

iamwhoiam wrote: »

It's lovely isn't it ? The smell of fresh clothes off the line :)

TH , lovely afternoon with the grown kids , and the grandkids , they had fun :)

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    It's lovely isn't it ? The smell of fresh clothes off the line :)

TH , lovely afternoon with the grown kids , and the grandkids , they had fun :)

Heaven Mam !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Up all night with my “sick” pet pooch and first appointment of the day at the local vet. Off course, the little divil perks up when we arrive for our consultation and makes me look like an idiot, wagging her tail & barking. I give up!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

iamwhoiam wrote: »

I actually don't think there is. I feel ridiculously happy looking at the washing line full of clothes on a good day. Easily pleased :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Early on in the year I bought a lawnmower and have mastered it. The smell of fresh cut grass was wafting through the house this evening.

"There's a smell of fresh cut grass...… don't go".

The receptionist and supervisor at work made us all milkshakes towards the end of our shift :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I love the smell of fresh cut grass in the morning ....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement