Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Sound public servants

I needed an official document so I emailed the government department to ask did I need to complete a form. 5 mins later they reply no form needed, just email back a few details, name, address, bla bla.

Had it in my letterbox two days later and no charge. Official stamp on the letter ‘n all

Having being used to weeks delay and mountains of forms from others and even getting snapped at (that’s you Intereo Blanchardstown!) I am TH at this unexpected good service

Thumbs up

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Oh wrong thread !!!Sorry

To the TA thread with you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭This is it

Pizza and a movie :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

This is it wrote: »
    Pizza and a movie :)

Ditto.. happy days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Watching Shazam! at the cinema this evening. It was very good

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Catch up with friends :)

Under my kitchen sink was stinking ewwww

And the shower drain was clogged taking aaaaaages to drain.

The mammy told me baking soda and vinegar

Irish mammys know everything ;)

Both issues fixed !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Not feeling great at the mo, spent the day sleeping.

Went out about 8 to get something in for dinner, and when I came back my fat grey mare was at the gate of the field looking for a cuddle.

She's never at the gate, and never hangs round for cuddles! Made me smile this evening!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Other voices, one the last great shows rte have produced 😀

• Advertisement

Tiny. Little. Toes.

And other voices. That time Jerry fish went up with Glen Hansard. I was in the crowd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Brilliant show Seph.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

safe haven in an April storm. and that easter eggs which I am deprived of only got mentioned once! ( just a brief visit in between commitments) Be happy...

a cat-happy for cat-happy folk... awwww...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHNUMmhw2DY

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Had a great night (in the end) with my two favourite people. So proud of them too. We've come a hell of a long way.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Predictive text strikes again :)

''his opinion matters to me '' became ''his opium matters to me''

everything is making me smile today

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Just before I woke this morning I had a really vivid dream about the OH's friend who passed away a couple of years ago. He called to the house looking really well and happy, messing around with the little one. He said he wouldn't have a coffee but then when he saw the kettle on he changed his mind :). It was so vivid and I am in good form after it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

That's lovely Rubberlegs :)

TH we've had two pheasants visiting our garden for weeks now. Two males with the most vibrant plumage. Unlike the crows they share the wild bird seed with the smaller birds and it's lovely to watch them.

About a week ago I could hear one of them making a racket. I looked out and he was standing up on our big rockery presumably calling for his friend who was nowhere to be seen. He's been coming alone all week. :(

I told my parents yesterday that I think something bad happened one of the pheasants. My dad suggested maybe he just found a mate. This made me more than TH and as soon as I got home I told himself "my dad thinks the pheasant might have found a mate and taken off with her!"... His response made me laugh..

"But what about bro's before ho's?"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Next week, disabled children will be going to Lourdes for a week at Easter with the organisation, The HCPT, and its Irish equivalent, the IHCPT. I was in Lourdes twice with them, and each time was a wonderful experience.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    Just before I woke this morning I had a really vivid dream about the OH's friend who passed away a couple of years ago. He called to the house looking really well and happy, messing around with the little one. He said he wouldn't have a coffee but then when he saw the kettle on he changed his mind :). It was so vivid and I am in good form after it.

That is lovely Rubberlegs :)

Those dreams are so comforting.

I had a dream like that about my granny years ago. Looking back it was over nothing but I was stressed at the time and she was saying to me that everything would be alright. It was nice because my granny was lovely but I didn't really know her and she was usually very practical.

I remember my mam was so happy I had that dream and it was close to what would have been her birthday :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

"But what about bro's before ho's?"

LOL :D!

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Walking home from work through an estate and a lovely old doggo hobbled over to me from his perch outside his house with a big greeting and a smiley head. He walked me along for a few houses and then went back to his vantage point.

So lovely, moreso because he reminded me of our dog who passed 5 years ago, with his black coat and chocolate brown eyes. Simple joys!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I love the fact I'm surrounded by nature and breathtaking scenery :)

Back from dentist and I was only charged €15 for annual teeth cleaning and inspection. I didn't want to ask why it was so little, but it's a wonder (I surmise PRSI, but I didn't think it would reduce it by that much).

The 2-year-old. Such unadulterated fun, each and every day. He decided in the past week that he wants to go to the toilet like adults do. So, we're having these massive, excitement-filled, last-minute runs to the toilet. The first time I put him on, he almost fell into the toilet he's so small. Oops. But he rests his arms on the seat behind him and gets to work. I got him a little top seat for the toilet since and he's remarkably disciplined in holding on to it until I've lifted him onto that topseat. Big sighs of "ahhh" and smiles to me.

He's not wearing nappies around the house now so while there have been a few dramatic accidents, the cut of him around the house has me in stitches. He's a nudist, with socks. Just himself and his socks waddling around the house in all their glory. He plays drums with his hands on his stomach and thinks this is hilarious. And he's nearly always singing some baby tune to himself on his travels with prams, tractors and everything else. He and his sister have taken to coming over to me, whispering in my ear "pig's bum", laughing hilariously at my reaction and running off. They get such entertainment out of facial expressions. They could sit there for a half an hour just laughing at my facial reaction to everything they say. He's getting fun out of every little corner of life, and his sister is getting smarter when he takes her stuff - instead of fighting him, she finds something else and makes an exchange which he usually accepts. Lovely years of life, right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭This is it

Bought the little fella a whoppie cushion, hours of fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

My eldest daughter is 17 now and the same height/size as me now I can steal her clothes :) she’s not too impressed about it though lol :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Got a massive hug from the guy I stayed on with last night and he told me he really appreciated it. Nice to be appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,399 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

When I leave or pick up my son from school he always wants to give me a hug. His sister is so so about it but makes me smile when when she “ pranks “ me. :)

• Advertisement

As always, deeply thankful for the strength, experience and resources to live where I am happiest and most at peace, whatever the weather etc hurls at us out here.

For the wisdom of decades to keep cupboards stocked.. without having to get anyone out in this storm, with no fuss, no worry

For work for my hands so that storm days are productive,,,

For our wonderful internet server whose service has never flickered in all the storms. For ESB with similar excellent service.

Just deeply thankful for it all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement