Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some Wrestling News & Rumours 2019 Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,754 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

sky88 wrote: »
    the stuff he said about jericho is just crazy no wonder vince cut ties with him the stuff he says

I mean the two living WWWF champions are Billy graham and Backlund and both are nuts. Billy graham will never be called a wrestling legend because he couldn't wrestle that well(but he was perfect for the new york territory) but his look and mic work were clearly very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I mean the two living WWWF champions are Billy graham and Backlund and both are nuts. Billy graham will never be called a wrestling legend because he couldn't wrestle that well(but he was perfect for the new york territory) but his look and mic work were clearly very good.

there 2 very different kinds of nuts tho.

all ive seen of billy is his mic work which was fantastic.

i hated backland so much for what he was doing to bret when i was a kid

• Registered Users Posts: 12,659 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

What a killer heel promo!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Superstar advising Kofi to get on the gas. Never change Billy.
    D3yY8XJXkAAuoB6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

dusty bin wrote: »
    Apparently Dasha Fuentes has being let go from wwe.

Also, anyone know what the supposed incident backstage at wm involving Sasha was about? She no showed some us tv programme on monday apparently and they are furious with her.

Bliss blocked her on Twitter apparently which Banks tweeted herself....probably just some more worked shoot bollox.

They're both being cryptic on social media right now (Bayley too). I'd have more respect for them if they just came out and said what was on their mind about each other. Until they do it's just cringe how they're behaving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Bliss blocked her on Twitter apparently which Banks tweeted herself....probably just some more worked shoot bollox.

They're both being cryptic on social media right now (Bayley too). I'd have more respect for them if they just came out and said what was on there mind about each other. Until they do it's just cringe how they're behaving.

Sasha and Alexa haven’t gotten along since they were in NXT apparently. Sasha seems like she’s hard work.

Pentecost wrote: »
    Sasha and Alexa haven’t gotten along since they were in NXT apparently. Sasha seems like she’s hard work.

Dunno if I'd call her hard work. I mean she wouldn't be happily posing with Hogan while hosting WrestleMania and I wouldn't blame her.

But of course it's hard to know either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Monokne wrote: »
    Superstar advising Kofi to get on the gas. Never change Billy.
    D3yY8XJXkAAuoB6.jpg

A outdated relic from a long gone era of pro-wrestling, with an even outdated opinion, who's advice should not be heeded in anyway, shape or form.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,151 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Vince is such a strange man...
    "WWE Creative team member Robert Evans was let go by World Wrestling Entertainment over Wrestlemania week, PWInsider.com has confirmed with multiple sources.

Several sources have told PWInsider.com that Evans was let go at the WWE Hall of Fame ceremony after a speech he had produced featured a mention of Vince McMahon. McMahon has strongly stressed for years that he does not want to be mentioned or praised during the Hall of Fame ceremony, to the point it has become something of a running joke.

When McMahon's name was mentioned, sources stated that Evans took the blame as writer and producer of that segment. One source stated the firing took place at the gorilla position as the Hall was ongoing.

According to Stu Carapola’s WWE Hall of Fame coverage, Bret Hart’s induction speech included the story of the first time Vince McMahon reacted to the Hart Foundation and praised their work. There is no confirmation as to whether Evans worked on that specific speech yet."

Presumably that's why Billy Gunn was saying "He can't fire me!"

J. Marston wrote: »
    Vince is such a strange man...

Presumably that's why Billy Gunn was saying "He can't fire me!"

Vince is such a crazy man i would very much love to spend time with him to just see what hes like on an average da.

Billy was more that hes working for AEW but i say they did there vince bit in response to what they have seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Vince is such a crazy man i would very much love to spend time with him to just see what hes like on an average da.

Billy was more that hes working for AEW but i say they did there vince bit in response to what they have seen.

I don't know how more people don't quit. Seems like a nightmare to work for.

Jerry Jarrett said recently on a shoot that he had to get out of there. They were working 7 days a week.

He said he could be up at Vince's house till 5am working on a show, then he'd go up stairs to sleep in a guest room and Vince would be banging down the door 2 hrs later looking to start work again.

The guy hardly sleeps. He's a machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

The Billy Graham stuff seems like sarcasm to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭dusty bin

https://m.facebook.com/billy.graham.790256/posts/1766941710118850?refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ewrestlingnews.com%2Fnews%2Fbilly-graham-responds-steroids-kofi-kingston

He’s justifying his comments now saying he never said to abuse steroids, whilst also naming Cena and Batista as juicers.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Big E has a knee injury, going to be taking some time off by the looks of it:

https://twitter.com/wwebige/status/1116412245226000384?s=21

Hopefully it doesn’t affect whatever plans they have for Kofi, but I think I’m giving them too much credit implying they’ve even made any yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Considering how he usually jumps out of the ring head and neck first I'm surprised to see he's going away for a knee injury

• Registered Users Posts: 9,998 ✭✭✭cena

Is Beth back full time or was Sunday a one off

Meltzer is claiming that Sasha tried to quit over the weekend and apparently has been given time off to consider her decision...

D36NL9mWAAcNr8T.png

She'd be snapped up in an instant by AEW if she did quit.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,500 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Watched episode 1 of the Mick Foley hosted documentary series Dark Side of the Ring for Viceland in the States.

Episode one is about the death of Bruiser Brody.

It's out there is anyone is interested free to watch in there website of TV app.

The second episode is out The Match Made in Heaven to story of Macho Man and Miss Elizabeth.

Same above it's on there website and TV app.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

J. Marston wrote: »
    Meltzer is claiming that Sasha tried to quit over the weekend and apparently has been given time off to consider her decision...

D36NL9mWAAcNr8T.png

She'd be snapped up in an instant by AEW if she did quit.

Just reading this on wrestlezone. I don’t know what it is about Sasha but she is not likeable at all, whether it be in Kayfabe or interviews. And the boss gimmick is done. In this case thought I’d be pissed off too if plans were changed late on

• Advertisement

Sasha would be a big loss for them. She's someone who is actually interested in wrestling as opposed to hosting shows and starring on reality TV.....then again I guess that's why she's dispensable to them. No value to them beyond the ring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Didn’t she have a face like thunder on the mania ring walk?

MrMac84 wrote: »

she always does when she knows shes losing same with charlotte too.

a big loss she would be if this happens as AEW needs a name as the names they have so far for the womens divsion dont do much for me (although i dont know the Japanese girls so that'll change)

although i expect this to blow over and she will stay.

just goes to show now that is a viable option that they can make money with that the guys/girls arent afraid to leave

How easy is it for her to walk though as in what has she got left on her contract. They could the same to her as they did PAC so they still have their ways of forcing people to play ball.

Nikki Bella is the OG when it comes to "losing face".

• Registered Users Posts: 28,964 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Maybe they can finally turn her heel to give her something better to do

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

she always does when she knows shes losing same with charlotte too.

a big loss she would be if this happens as AEW needs a name as the names they have so far for the womens divsion dont do much for me (although i dont know the Japanese girls so that'll change)

although i expect this to blow over and she will stay.

just goes to show now that is a viable option that they can make money with that the guys/girls arent afraid to leave

Hikaru Shida is really good, Asuka levels of in-ring performance. There's a great match of hers against Aja Kong on YT, she's been in the ring with Omega and Marufuji too!

Wow this is rough at such a young age have a family member suffering through it at the minute a horrible disease

https://twitter.com/SI_wrestling/status/1116517739106115585

• Registered Users Posts: 39,754 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

MrMac84 wrote: »

Well, she'd be a horrible poker player. But yeah serious case of the boo boo face at mania. If she's not happy then leave. She seems difficult to work with and given how good she is in the ring it makes no sense. I'm sure Bayley wasn't happy with losing to Alexa monday night but to her credit she went out there and took the pin. Sasha isn't Austin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,998 ✭✭✭cena

Wow this is rough at such a young age have a family member suffering through it at the minute a horrible disease

https://twitter.com/SI_wrestling/status/1116517739106115585

My dad had this and dementia

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement