Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway GAA Discussion Thread #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭GalwayLurker

PCeeeee wrote: »
    Such a pity. A league final would have been brilliant. A chance to bring in Corofin lads too.

Why was it left until the 65th minute to bring in Molloy? He should have been put on at half time to keep the pace going. Sean Andy and Lavelle were complete liabilities in that second half. Disgusted with how that finished.

That has to be thea Flannery experiment over now.

He's let in a pile of scruffy goals. On the other end OKeffe kept out a rocket.

We've conceded a mountain of poor goals this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Flannerys never been anything other than a stopgap. Hard blame him. Fairly sure Callinan is slated to return in summer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,982 ✭✭✭threeball

Why was it left until the 65th minute to bring in Molloy? He should have been put on at half time to keep the pace going. Sean Andy and Lavelle were complete liabilities in that second half. Disgusted with how that finished.

You'll be lucky to see 3 Corofin lads on this team. Only one is a banker.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

RMAOK wrote: »
    Soft goal to concede

no more than the 17 AI Final, we're dominating & a soft goal.

was worried there when Canning went down with the knee, it looked painful going by his reaction.

delighted to see him get up & although he dropped the resulting 65, he made sure that ball wasn't going to be cleared, chased and harried on got the block down which resulted in a point.

his work rate is trojan & has come on leaps & bounds, you'd think there's not much more got the lad to improve on but he really is in serious, serious form!

great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭spurshero

I think there’s talent in the football team but the worrying thing is today was another collapse . 35 mins from a winnable league final and it went pear shaped . Hard to know where there going from here . The second half took the good out of all that was good about the league for me .

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭GalwayLurker

threeball wrote: »

Which is ridiculous, Power, Liam Silke, Molloy and Ian Burke should all be there.

Ian Burke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

threeball wrote:

I would say Burke and Silke are certain. Think Molloy is fairly certain too. The fact he made the effort again today to tog shows the metal of the man. After that will be plenty of lads pushing hard for a spot hopefully.

spurshero wrote: »
    I think there’s talent in the football team but the worrying thing is today was another collapse . 35 mins from a winnable league final and it went pear shaped . Hard to know where there going from here . The second half took the good out of all that was good about the league for me .

This is exactly what I've been saying for weeks. Plenty of talent there. Possibly 2nd only to Dublin in terms of panel depth but the way we're coached means we won't win the big games. We don't even give ourselves a chance with how slowly we play the game.
    When club players can go 60mins at the pace Corofin went there's no excuse for an inter county team not to match that for 70. A junior club team won't be shaken off by this Galway side due to the way they play.

• Advertisement

I would say Burke and Silke are certain. Think Molloy is fairly certain too. The fact he made the effort again today to tog shows the metal of the man. After that will be plenty of lads pushing hard for a spot hopefully.

I hope you're right but I wouldn't be at all optimistic. Molloy didn't get a look in last year and the game was gone when he brought him on today

Was that Gleeson being a dirt bird again resulting in Morrissey going off?

Don't think Glesson caused the injury but what was he doing dropping the knees like that.

Don't think Glesson caused the injury but what was he doing dropping the knees like that.

He's such a talent but he lets himself down with the filth he gets involved in.

Morrissey went off with his arm in a sling made from his jersey.

Gleeson went in with the knees on his back, dirty & just needless, not the result of the injury though I don't think.

Officials have been poor in general I think.

Cathal Mannion is an early contender for HOTY with his form this year so far. He's been unbelievable

Cathal Mannion is an early contender for HOTY with his form this year so far. He's been unbelievable

for sure if he stays at midfield, no more than Padraig should have been last year but alas the winning team's player always gets the nod.

would love to know what Mammy's feeding them in that house.

We don't seem to have any scoring ability outside of Canning and Mannion.

The ball comes out as quick as it goes in.

Where in gods name is our spare man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

We've made ****all of the spare man

Surprised to see Burke taken off before glennon. He's anonymous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭4Ad

Austin Gleeson always has a dirty old stroke in him.

No score for nearly 20mins.

Is there a more frustrating GAA county to be from?.

Talk about a depressing f*****g Sunday

He wouldn't have got injured if the rest of the passengers did their part for the last 20 odd minutes.

Absolutely brutal second half being outplayed by a team down a man.

First point in nearly 30mins.... sweet merciful...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Jesus, that was ****e stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Fairly gutless performances in both second halves today for both codes.

Canning could be out a while too.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭donnem33

Referee made a few dodgy decisions - but why signal 8 minutes injury time, when Joe was down for a good three mins and blow it up after 9 minutes injury time?

I know Galway are no angles but that was thuggish from Gleeson, already on a yellow card, and dropped his knees into Morriseys back and Stephen Bennett to Flannery after he handpassed the ball out.

Whatever about the footballers as they havent won anything and are well down the betting, the hurlers are supposed to be favourites for the AI.

No favourites there tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭grbear

So in summary.

-Ladies football team unbeaten streak ended by Dublin

-Mens football team s*** themselves when they are within touching distance of a league final and Mayo make the final instead

-Hurlers stink the place out against Waterford and Canning gets hurt

If it wasn't Lent I'd be hitting the porter.

Advertisement