Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭sapphire309

kasey0123 wrote: »
    Anyone who has done EU.. what are your thoughts on using the legislation for ALOT of theory, I’m glazing overthings because I know it’s in the legislation like equality, legislative procedures institutions etc ... bad idea ?

I am the same - haven't actually learnt much for equality and citizenship - couple of cases only. Just tabbing and highlighting relevant provisions in the Directives etc for it. Same with all powers of institutions and OLP.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭lawlad101

Can anyone help with Consumer Protection for contract?
    I have kind of glazed over it the last few weeks, thinking that it was just a straightforward use of legislation in the exam... What are the key points to know for it?

I have:
    Ss12-15 of 1893 act
    1980 act services implied terms
    Exemption clauses for non consumers (i.e. fair and reasonable)

And a short knowledge of:
    Unfair terms in consumer contracts
    Consumer rights directive

Am I screwed?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 stressssedout

Ok can someone please just confirm what topics were in each question on equity so I can sleep tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Lawaholic

Ok can someone please just confirm what topics were in each question on equity so I can sleep tonight?

I could spot a Donatio Mortis Causa and then went home to cry! 😭

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭scooby321

1. Problem Trustees
    2. Essay on Undue Influence - banks role in ensuring independent legal advice
    3. Quia Timet Problem
    4. Constructive Trusts Essay on Knowing Assistance
    5. DMC Problem
    6. Note on (i) exceptional categories where non-charitable purpose trusts may be enforced, (ii) Position of relief of Poverty under the Charities Act and common law and (iii) Satisfaction
    7. SP/Rectification Problem
    8. Resulting Trusts Problem on Joint Accounts and Presumption of Advancement

Correct me if I'm wrong... 100% after failing that one for a third time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 stressssedout

scooby321 wrote: »

1. Problem Trustees
    3. Quia Timet Problem
    5. DMC Problem
    6. Note on (i) exceptional categories where non-charitable purpose trusts may be enforced, (ii) Position of relief of Poverty under the Charities Act and common law and (iii) Satisfaction

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭kasey0123

scooby321 wrote: »
    1. Problem Trustees
    3. Quia Timet Problem
    5. DMC Problem

Keep the faith! I thought the exact same last October when I knew about 2.5 questions.. and I managed to scrape a pass, you literally never know with her!

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Wonderstruck

lawlad101 wrote: »
    Can anyone help with Consumer Protection for contract?
    I have kind of glazed over it the last few weeks, thinking that it was just a straightforward use of legislation in the exam... What are the key points to know for it?

I have:
    Ss12-15 of 1893 act
    1980 act services implied terms
    Exemption clauses for non consumers (i.e. fair and reasonable)

And a short knowledge of:
    Unfair terms in consumer contracts
    Consumer rights directive

Am I screwed?

I'd know the last two pretty well the examiners have commented people have missed chances to apply them in other sections on the paper!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭scooby321

kasey0123 wrote: »
    Keep the faith! I thought the exact same last October when I knew about 2.5 questions.. and I managed to scrape a pass, you literally never know with her!

I appreciate the positivity :) Hope I could be as lucky! I doubt it thought, one good question, two ok and two disastrous

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jennifergalvin

Oh god equity was awful, does anyone know what happens if you get a question completely wrong? I had made the question on DMC about prop estoppel. Wondering do they throw you ANY marks at all? 😢😢

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 demarche

Oh god equity was awful, does anyone know what happens if you get a question completely wrong? I had made the question on DMC about prop estoppel. Wondering do they throw you ANY marks at all? 😢😢

I got a question completely wrong in the last sitting. She gave me 2...

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭LawGirl3434

Contract people

Can anyone explain the following to me:

John Elliot v Irish Asphalt Case

The difference between the Mercini Lady and Airtransport Ltd v Bombardier (interpreting exemption clauses)

While not sufficient consideration, I will reward you with my prayers (O' Neill v Murphy)

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭LawGirl3434

Also sorry last question - are people covering CESL for consumer legilsation? Think it came up a few years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

First time sitting the exams this week!!! Just wondering, I always forget some case law here and there. I know it is very very important all the same! How do examiners dock marks if you forget to mention a case or two on a question?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 lmsc

Does anyone have an up to date contract grid? I would very much appreciate it if someone was willing to share it with me! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭holliek

Does anyone have the 2018 Oct examiners report for contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 BemusedKettle

On a scale of 1 to May's Brexit plan, how effed am I for contract if I just have the following:

Offer & acceptance
    estoppel
    Mistake
    Illegality
    Capacity
    Consumer Protection
    Formalities
    Intention to Create Legal relations
    Frustration
    Consideration

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Leraf

On a scale of 1 to May's Brexit plan, how effed am I for contract if I just have the following:

Offer & acceptance
    estoppel
    Mistake
    Illegality
    Capacity
    Consumer Protection
    Formalities
    Intention to Create Legal relations
    Frustration
    Consideration

You have to do exemption clauses they get mixed in questions

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭sapphire309

EU

Is anybody else leaving out infringement proceedings? I've covered judicial review and the basics of preliminary reference and am running out of time so hoping to cut it

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Natalie_06

EU

Is anybody else leaving out infringement proceedings? I've covered judicial review and the basics of preliminary reference and am running out of time so hoping to cut it

I'm leaving out Infringement, competition and preliminary reference, so should be okay!

• Advertisement

First time sitting the exams this week!!! Just wondering, I always forget some case law here and there. I know it is very very important all the same! How do examiners dock marks if you forget to mention a case or two on a question?

As long as you show that you understand the question you aren't going to be crucified for forgetting a few case names. Last October I drew a blank in Equity and forgot loads of cases but still passed

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

As long as you show that you understand the question you aren't going to be crucified for forgetting a few case names. Last October I drew a blank in Equity and forgot loads of cases but still passed

Phew! That’s good to hear! Went blank during Equity today for the SP question! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭holliek

Is there any recent(ish) law reform papers on any contract topics or topics which are considered to need reform? I don't see any, but just checking in case I've missed something

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Daly29

Constitution

I wonder if any kind soul would be able to send me the actual Constitution Exam. Thanks a mill!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭user115

What time is the legislation office open at and where exactly is it in the Red cow? Will I be ok leaving EU in that morning?

user115 wrote: »
    What time is the legislation office open at and where exactly is it in the Red cow? Will I be ok leaving EU in that morning?

Not sure the exact time it's open but I always go around 8:30.
    Yes youll be fine leaving it in there in the morning, you'll just have to wait about 30 mins before they bring it to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭user115

That's grand thanks a mil :)
    Not sure the exact time it's open but I always go around 8:30.
    Yes youll be fine leaving it in there in the morning, you'll just have to wait about 30 mins before they bring it to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭kasey0123

Anyone have a short summary of what happened in Kadi and Inuit cases?!

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Leraf

And again back to panicking over tomorrow’s exam. Too many topics not enough time. What is everyone covering?

• Advertisement

Leraf wrote: »
    And again back to panicking over tomorrow’s exam. Too many topics not enough time. What is everyone covering?

I've had to cut out so much

Offer and Acceptance
    Consideration
    Estoppel
    Terms
    Exemption clauses
    Consumer (barely)
    Duress
    Undue influence
    Misrepresentation
    Mistake
    Frustration