Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Vegetarian2017

Bbol wrote:
    Praying both contract and criminal aren’t graded too tough!

They arent, what came up?
    Usually 3 decent and two ok will get u a pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Leraf

They arent, what came up?
    Usually 3 decent and two ok will get u a pass.

I hope your right !

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Legal_Eagle_95

For general principles, is it likely that it won't be fundamental rights if that came up last time? More likely to be an essay on general principles?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭sapphire309

For general principles, is it likely that it won't be fundamental rights if that came up last time? More likely to be an essay on general principles?

He seems to really like fundamental rights though so even if it comes up as an essay on gen principles, I would devote a least ⅓ of my essay to discussion of fundamental rights

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭user115

Does anyone have cases for the ordinary legislative process in EU? I've cases from special under consultation process but none under ordinary process that's used for most proposals

• Advertisement

Anyone who sat EU before do you get good marks in institution Q if you just pretty much go through the relevant treaty provisions? Or should you know a bit more, my notes mostly just focus on them with some other commentary but it's very brief

user115 wrote: »
    Anyone who sat EU before do you get good marks in institution Q if you just pretty much go through the relevant treaty provisions? Or should you know a bit more, my notes mostly just focus on them with some other commentary but it's very brief

I haven't sat EU but I'm hoping it's kind of like a Q on the President in Constitutional, wherein as long as you include all the relevant provisions and your answer is well structured and coherent you can manage a pass fairly easily!

Is anybody else finding it really difficult in Judicial Review to remember if the case was against the Commission or against the Council? I keep getting them mixed up

Is anybody else finding it really difficult in Judicial Review to remember if the case was against the Commission or against the Council? I keep getting them mixed up

I must go over JR yet!! I reckon if facts of case are clear then you won't be docked marks for that, for all my cases across EU I'm just going on the main party to the dispute like the individual whether they are applicant or respondent and v short summary of main facts so case is identifiable if I can't remember

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Natalie_06

Does it make any difference if it is v the council/ commission ? :O

• Advertisement

Is anybody covering freedom of establishment, services or capital?

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭jus_me

I’m doing establishment

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭kasey0123

Just services and workers

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Pyggg

Am I right in saying that if someone has registered as a job seeker, they are a "worker" but if they are looking for work but have not actually registered as a job seeker they are not a worker therefore not protected under Art 45?

What article number covers judicial review ??

jus_me wrote: »
    What article number covers judicial review ??

263 TFEU

263 TFEU

Thank you !!

Pyggg wrote: »
    Am I right in saying that if someone has registered as a job seeker, they are a "worker" but if they are looking for work but have not actually registered as a job seeker they are not a worker therefore not protected under Art 45?

Can I ask what the authority for that is? I don't have it anywhere in my notes :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭cup of tea

Similar q....if you are classed as a job seeker are you entitled to social assistance/grant as the same way as a worker is?

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭madonna123

I really felt Contract today was a nightmare.
    I don't think I've had an exam like that since my 4th Class spelling test..... I got 'banana' wrong :(

I felt like a complete tool, in. 4th class and today :(:(

• Advertisement

Another stupid question - is it sufficient to abbreviate Member States to M.S. in the exam, or no?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭lawless11

Another stupid question - is it sufficient to abbreviate Member States to M.S. in the exam, or no?

Once you've introduced the abbreviation once, you're fine (e.g. your first Member States (M.S), then continue with M.S...).

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Leraf

madonna123 wrote: »
    I really felt Contract today was a nightmare.
    I don't think I've had an exam like that since my 4th Class spelling test..... I got 'banana' wrong :(

I felt like a complete tool, in. 4th class and today :(:(

Thank you for echoing how I feel. It was silent on here I thought it was just me

FMG

Am I correct in saying that Article 36 applies only to distinctly applicable measures. If you have an indistinctly applicable measure, it could be justified by mandatory requirements (however the Court may have regard to Art.36 exemptions).

So if it was a problem Q and the measure was indistinctly applicable (which it probably would be because it would be too obvious if it was distinctly applicable), you would justify it by setting out any relevant mandatory requirements, with the court simply having regard to Art 36 exemptions because Art.36 apply to distinctly applicable measures and not indistinctly applicable measures.

Do I have this right?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭channing90

Can someone please tell me what topics were in each question for contract, it was a very tough paper I felt.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

channing90 wrote: »
    Can someone please tell me what topics were in each question for contract, it was a very tough paper I felt.

From what I can gather...

Q1 Consideration and revocation
    Q2 Consumer; consumer information, cancellations and other rights & unfair terms. Both legislation
    Q3 Misrepresentation
    Q4 Didn’t do it but think the first part was to do with the 1980 legislation and second part was penalty clauses

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭BasedHobbes

Has anyone unexpectedly passed equity before? I managed four relatively decent answers on Wednesday, before pulling a blank on the fifth and writing absolute nonsense. It's my third time attempting it now and I'm genuinely ****ting it.

Has anyone unexpectedly passed equity before? I managed four relatively decent answers on Wednesday, before pulling a blank on the fifth and writing absolute nonsense. It's my third time attempting it now and I'm genuinely ****ting it.

Yes. Last sitting I had 3 good answers. I only answered 1 of the note questions, didn't even attempt the second required note question. Final Q had about 10 mins and wrote a page on estoppel, made no sense whatsoever - complete waffle. Still passed. The way I look at it, if you were able to get 11 in your 4 decent answers (maybe a 12), you only need 5-6 in your final Q

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭BasedHobbes

Yes. Last sitting I had 3 good answers. I only answered 1 of the note questions, didn't even attempt the second required note question. Final Q had about 10 mins and wrote a page on estoppel, made no sense whatsoever - complete waffle. Still passed. The way I look at it, if you were able to get 11 in your 4 decent answers (maybe a 12), you only need 5-6 in your final Q

Thanks a million. I managed to get four questions down pretty good, attempted a fifth badly, and then did half of the note q as I had time left and decided I hedge my bets. Hoping it's enough to get me by.

• Advertisement

Feel like I'm shouting into the void here, but can somebody please explain the difference between Humblot and Commission v Greece re: Art 110? The facts are almost the same, I don't see why the Court approved Commission v Greece but found Humblot to be discriminatory

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement