Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 Nations 2019 Build Up thread

Options
1181920212224»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,336 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

stephen_n wrote: »
    God I’d hate to be an Italian fan, by far the better team and still lose like that.

You'd hate even more to be the coach. O'Shea must be going mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

That was a very odd montage

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Christ, bit of a ham fisted "rugby is great at rallying round, what about Christchurch?" question to Prince William there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Mike Oxlong

Someone just throw up a thread for the Ireland game..?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    That was a very odd montage

Yeah. I get the point that they were making but a weird selection of things there

• Advertisement

Both 8's were very good today. Picamoles at the centre of everything that kept France in that game.

Watching Italy there felt like watching Ireland 15 years ago, incredible work rate - absolutely no guile.

I still maintain this has been a better tournament from Italy. Home performances were consistently quite good putting serious teams under good pressure and they did enough today to have accounted for France with room to spare. I hope O'Shea gets another few years in the post - only a committed approach to a long term strategy is going to turn things around for Italian rugby, I'd hate to see the plug pulled now because they are starting to look close.

Overall the Italian pack is looking reasonably solid but I feel they need more rounded players in the back line. Having someone like Ringrose to bring the mid field together or a Trimble type back three to bring some physicality to their defensive game would do wonders. That fumbled try at the end was borderline criminal.

Enjoyable game overall.

I'm going to say it ... that choir is almost too loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,601 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Best Patrick’s weekend ever to stop the Welsh GS!

razorblunt wrote: »
    I'm going to say it ... that choir is almost too loud.

Buncha’ bleedin’ maniacs!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,709 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Can't see anything other than a Wales win.

But by feck do I hope we smash them.

• Advertisement

Clegg wrote: »
    Can't see anything other than a Wales win.

But by feck do I hope we smash them.

They’re rightly the favorites...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

walshb wrote: »
    Best Patrick’s weekend ever to stop the Welsh GS!

Wales or England to win as I dont see Scotland winning at Twickenham

Both 8's were very good today. Picamoles at the centre of everything that kept France in that game.

Watching Italy there felt like watching Ireland 15 years ago, incredible work rate - absolutely no guile.

I still maintain this has been a better tournament from Italy. Home performances were consistently quite good putting serious teams under good pressure and they did enough today to have accounted for France with room to spare. I hope O'Shea gets another few years in the post - only a committed approach to a long term strategy is going to turn things around for Italian rugby, I'd hate to see the plug pulled now because they are starting to look close.

Overall the Italian pack is looking reasonably solid but I feel they need more rounded players in the back line. Having someone like Ringrose to bring the mid field together or a Trimble type back three to bring some physicality to their defensive game would do wonders. That fumbled try at the end was borderline criminal.

Enjoyable game overall.

Agreed, I thought Zanone at 13 went well, clearly should have done better for the 2nd opportunity and as BOD said a bit naive on the first that hit the post.
    Italy were very unlucky in round 1 too, completely reffed out of the game that day.

They have a decent squad there now too, they really need to sort 10 though. What's happened to Canna? Allen gets away with murder, he's arguably barely Pro14 standard an incredible flake, he doesn't do anything with the backline either.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lillielad

****e start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Wheres Me Jumper?

fantastic start from Wales.
    stinker.

• Administrators Posts: 53,373 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Match thread open now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Yeah. I get the point that they were making but a weird selection of things there

Yeah, introduces it with the line "......but this is sport" and then proceeds to show a heap of non-sporting examples.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,709 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Excellent kick from Anscombe.

Completely caught is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

fin

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,025 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

same home / away rota as usual

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Next year looks like the exact same schedule as 2014, where we won the Championship in Paris

Definitely a nice schedule for ourselves, however Scotland at home would have been seen as a good BP opportunity - given its now first up, and with our propensity to start slow, no BP could be crucial there.

Very tough schedule on England. The 'gimme' match is on the last weekend. First weekend is probably the worst one to get France also.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

sydthebeat wrote: »
    same home / away rota as usual

It's difficult to change it as some teams would be forced to have two home games in consecutive years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

AWJ player of the Championship - unsurprisingly

Advertisement