Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment April Intake (2019)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭5i6blrtngojxwf

Is there anyone travelling from the Waterford/Dungarvan area that would be interested in car sharing? I'm currently in the process of getting my licence and their is no direct route to Templemore via public transport.

Yeah I’m in Waterford. If they send out an offer to me I’ll personally piggyback someone to templemore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 c8bv3i20ndpz7l

Is there anyone travelling from the Waterford/Dungarvan area that would be interested in car sharing? I'm currently in the process of getting my licence and their is no direct route to Templemore via public transport.

Hi, where are you in the process. Have you had an offer? Whats your OOM. Pints or Spirits?
    Cheers

Hi, where are you in the process. Have you had an offer? Whats your OOM. Pints or Spirits?
    Cheers
    J

You must be doing everyone’s vetting “J”? Very specific

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 c8bv3i20ndpz7l

You must be doing everyone’s vetting “J”? Very specific

LOL
    J

• Registered Users Posts: 32 NYB

If we dont get offers this evening can you find out for us why.?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭FIVE.0

Hi guys! Can someone please add me to the what’s app group. Got an offer.

No chance haha

Any luck?

FIVE.0 wrote: »

Was that from yesterday’s offers or one today? Congrats :)

Was that from yesterday’s offers or one today? Congrats :)

Got it today. For the first induction week. 8th of April. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 minionpower

there is a whats app group??

• Advertisement

there is a whats app group??

Pretty sure I read previously that someone set up a WhatsApp for the people that got first batch of offers.

Got it today. For the first induction week. 8th of April. Thank you.

Still doing the 8th.. interesting!

Still doing the 8th.. interesting!

I’d say I got a space that was deferred maybe.

I’d say I got a space that was deferred maybe.

Possible but they’re really getting busy with that first week haha mind if I ask when you did the medical?

Possible but they’re really getting busy with that first week haha mind if I ask when you did the medical?

Feb 2018. So over a year ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Joda96

Anyone who wants to be added into the WhatsApp send me a dm I'll send you the link :)

Feb 2018. So over a year ago.

Excellent! Deadly buzz, fingers crossed to see ya there, like everyone else haha

• Registered Users Posts: 4 DonnyG87

Got my email today, congratulations to all the others who got theirs and hope others get good news in the next few days!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭RedDragon386

Hi guys. Looking for someones opinion here because i cant get any help calling HQ. So I'm from September 2016 campaign. I completed the medical in March 2017 and the physical in June 2017. Havnt heard anything back. Would i have to re-do the medical and fitness or is there any chance of getting called up for April. And does anyone know the next confirmed intake after That?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 171268

Hi guys. Looking for someones opinion here because i cant get any help calling HQ. So I'm from September 2016 campaign. I completed the medical in March 2017 and the physical in June 2017. Havnt heard anything back. Would i have to re-do the medical and fitness or is there any chance of getting called up for April. And does anyone know the next confirmed intake after That?

Not sure in regard to re doing the tests as I’ve seen some people say they have to repeat and others say they don’t. Next In take is down for July and December at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 dardis91

Hey, from same campaign as yourself September 2016, I had to repeat my medical there on the 18th of February 2019 and repeated my physical ther just on Tuesday, my vetting is outstanding the last two years, it’s madness.
    I would recommend emailing once a week at the same day and time regarding your process and see what you get back, at least emailing them you have proof that you where in contact with them other then a phone call.
    Hope that’s helped

• Registered Users Posts: 9 SrcmabdleGegs

Hi folks,

Long time moocher, first time poster.

So first off, thank you to all of you. I'm part of the 2018 campaign and from day one have found the info on here helpful, massively useful and reassuring.

Seems there is a real struggle to get people through vetting, but I'd hope this means people waiting longest are as likely to be called up in the next couple of weeks as any of us. It's clearly a lottery as to how quick the vetting comes through.

On thing I would say is, bear in mind that if something did come up in your vetting, they're unlikely to (be able to) tell you that. You may be in limbo because someone, somewhere, is trying desperately to get more info to get your file moved on and a decision made.
    Living with your life on hold for so long can't be healthy. If you're not getting the response you want from HR, you need to look at whether you want to keep your life on hold. You can make a decision about that as much as they can.
    I'm not encouraging people to give up, but some (justifiably) seem to be really struggling and I'd worry that they're doing themselves harm in the long-term (health wise). Your career shouldn't and doesn't define you.

Anyway, with the pontificating out of the way, does anyone know how bank holidays work while in Templemore?

Thanks all,
    Gegs

Hi folks,

Long time moocher, first time poster.

So first off, thank you to all of you. I'm part of the 2018 campaign and from day one have found the info on here helpful, massively useful and reassuring.

Seems there is a real struggle to get people through vetting, but I'd hope this means people waiting longest are as likely to be called up in the next couple of weeks as any of us. It's clearly a lottery as to how quick the vetting comes through.

On thing I would say is, bear in mind that if something did come up in your vetting, they're unlikely to (be able to) tell you that. You may be in limbo because someone, somewhere, is trying desperately to get more info to get your file moved on and a decision made.
    Living with your life on hold for so long can't be healthy. If you're not getting the response you want from HR, you need to look at whether you want to keep your life on hold. You can make a decision about that as much as they can.
    I'm not encouraging people to give up, but some (justifiably) seem to be really struggling and I'd worry that they're doing themselves harm in the long-term (health wise). Your career shouldn't and doesn't define you.

Anyway, with the pontificating out of the way, does anyone know how bank holidays work while in Templemore?

Thanks all,
    Gegs

Well said Gegs! In your campaign too so hopefully see ya around down the line.

Bank hols are off in templemore so I think you can go back to the college on the Monday night or Tuesday morning on these days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,640 ✭✭✭corks finest

Arghus wrote:
    Complicit in what exactly?

First of April 😉

Don't know if it helps anyone but i was kind of in limbo over vetting for ages but constantly emailing them for updates did seem to speed up the process for me. Within a couple of months i was down to one area of vetting and when i kept emailing suddenly it was just completed. No harm in giving them a gentle email nudge once in a while i guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Irishman87545

DonnyG87 wrote: »
    Don't know if it helps anyone but i was kind of in limbo over vetting for ages but constantly emailing them for updates did seem to speed up the process for me. Within a couple of months i was down to one area of vetting and when i kept emailing suddenly it was just completed. No harm in giving them a gentle email nudge once in a while i guess.

It's not HRM that do the vetting it's a different crowd ,all HRM can do is check your files status I think

It's not HRM that do the vetting it's a different crowd ,all HRM can do is check your files status I think

Quite possible, but at one point they did reply that they were pursuing the last area of vetting and within two weeks it was done ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Irishman87545

DonnyG87 wrote: »
    Quite possible, but at one point they did reply that they were pursuing the last area of vetting and within two weeks it was done ðŸ‘

Suppose all depends who ye get on the day ,cause I was getting some attitude when I rang up ha

Suppose all depends who ye get on the day ,cause I was getting some attitude when I rang up ha

Ha that's why i went the email route, no verbal jousting for updates!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Joda96

I was in the same situation as you, same campaign and dates for medical and physical but got called for the second medical in December and then physical in January and I git an offer for April's intake.

One of my mates is a clerical officer in HQ and said when you get called for the re-tests it means all your vetting is complete, and your file will be sent for singing off once you pass them again. I dunno how true it is but it seemed to be the case for myself anyways.

Hope that's useful info for ye, I know how much of a pain the wait is.

Advertisement