Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Garda Recruitment April Intake (2019)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Dumbo123

Im from June 2017 and everything complete.Im awaiting final sign off since last September.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Redfox21

Dumbo123 wrote: »
    Im from June 2017 and everything complete.Im awaiting final sign off since last September.

Im the same... pity we can't get any answers

• Registered Users Posts: 48 userunkown

Anyone who has contact hrm by email about their status can I ask for the email and what yous asked?
    Thanks in advanced

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Marck

Hello folks,

writting this because I remember how desperate for answers I was when I was going through the selection process.. For all of yous waiting to be called for medical, fitness or sign off, all you can do is be patient. your file is in the process of being complete and one thing I learnt is that ringing HRM every few days won't speed it up... I know it's a painfully slow process but all you can do is wait and don't make any plans, holidays etc. if you feel that you may be called for the next batch going town to templemore. TYPICALLY SPEAKING !!! Once you complete your PCT your getting usually takes anywhere from 1-3 months depending on relatives and your OOM etc.

Templemore itself is a good but challenging experience. Best advice I can give anyone is don't be the class clown. don't be down in the pub every night.. and follow the rules... it's simple.. just follow the rules for the 8 or 9 months and learn what your taught and keep fit and you'll fly through it ... it's not a holiday after all.. it's 8 or 9 months of relatively hard work and you have an amazing job after it for 30 years. you wil make life long friends and you will change as a person after the college.

those of you who are seeking answers regarding how long will my application take ? the real answer is ... unfortunately ... nobody knows .. it's totally a case by case basis I know people who took 4 years to get in and I k ow people who took less than a year... all you can do is be patient. keep fit and hope.

hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 tutiefruite

2018 campaign!! I just got my invite for the 8th April!! Wooohooo!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭5i6blrtngojxwf

2018 campaign!! I just got my invite for the 8th April!! Wooohooo!

Congrats! :) Mind me asking when you did your medical? Looks like a French people who did it 2 weeks ago are getting offers now

Congrats! :) Mind me asking when you did your medical? Looks like a French people who did it 2 weeks ago are getting offers now

A few people.. not a French people haha

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

Fabio_1988 wrote: »
    There’s definitely a second induction week on the 15th. Some have deferred to the 2nd week. I don’t know of any offers going out for 2nd week so I’d say they’ll be sending them out this week to give the 4 weeks notice.

That second induction week is looking increasingly unlikely pal.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Polly26

Is there roughly meant to be around 100 offers for second week also?

Polly26 wrote: »
    Is there roughly meant to be around 100 offers for second week also?

With 3 pct days each week now and 3 medical days id be pretty surprised if there wasn’t a second week

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭RabbitHeart18

I would only start to get a bit antsy if there aren't offers for the 2nd week by the end of this week. I'd give it another few days!

Antsy? Haha lad I’m about a year beyond antsy, it’s been a solid 3 weeks since the offers went out. It’s takin them that long to sort out the first week, I hope I’m proved wrong but there’s no way they can dish out a full second batch in a few days

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Fabio_1988

Well mate, definitely seems strange that there’s nothing out for 2nd week yet. Surely this Friday they’ll be out? There’s definitely one or two lads who’ve deferred to the 15th so I can only assume the 2nd weeks still going ahead! Fingers crossed for u & the rest from 2016/17

Antsy? Haha lad I’m about a year beyond antsy, it’s been a solid 3 weeks since the offers went out. It’s takin them that long to sort out the first week, I hope I’m proved wrong but there’s no way they can dish out a full second batch in a few days

Ah look I know, but try to keep the head up or you'll have a stroke. I obviously don't know any more than ye, but seems like they are filling first week in dribs and drabs because of deferrals. There are still weeks to go until the next phase goes in, it's not like it starts next week. Just try and stay positive I guess, which is prob easier said than done. Hope I didn't sound facetious, because I'm absolutely not trying to be.

I understand maybe they’ll hand out offers again. Just fed up waiting I know everyone’s in the same boat only trying to help each other which it great to see. I not only want me to get an offer but everyone else who’s waiting so long too. Driving me mad. I’m still not signed off I emailed yesterday so me head is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 montanas

Has anyone from 16/17 campaigns that are waiting on a sign off ever asked hrm why they're left on hold when people from 2018 are put through?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Redfox21

montanas wrote: »
    Has anyone from 16/17 campaigns that are waiting on a sign off ever asked hrm why they're left on hold when people from 2018 are put through?

Yes ... they only saying every application is different or one person is saying we waiting for their decision and other time they saying waiting for vetting to come back and when u ask them what is outstanding they wont tell u or they will say.. oh yeah we waiting for the decision ... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Letsdoit

Has anyone asked or know if the second week offers are going out/going ahead?

montanas wrote: »

I’ve been told it’s awaitinh decision and that’s it. They don’t comment on anyone else’s applications from any years.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 montanas

I thought that once you reach decision stage it should be done before nearest intake. I'm in decision stage since October, tired of being in limbo...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

I also heard that vetting only lasts 12 months and then has to be redone! Not sure why that would be the case but there you go...

Elliot192 wrote: »
    I also heard that vetting only lasts 12 months and then has to be redone! Not sure why that would be the case but there you go...

Na hey I wouldn't say that's true, I've had many jobs where I've needed vetting done and never needed it redone for the same job. Sure once they've done the deep dig on ya, any new offence would show up on their system anyway. I have heard of a few trainees who've had bother because of ****e they've been up to while training, so it's not like they wouldn't find out!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 minionpower

hey Guys

Anyone have an more updates??

hey Guys

Anyone have an more updates??

Load of people with medicals this week and last week as well as loads of pcts last week so only gonna assume the second induction week will kick off soon

• Registered Users Posts: 39 minionpower

I just rang Dublin to get an update on my file.

I'm the 2017 campaign which vetting only came back 4 weeks ago so waiting to get signed off

The person i spoke to stated that it needs signed off and its unlikely i will get an offer for April intakes

I think this is crazy and seen different campaigns getting offers first

i was placed 78 on the order of merit.

Interview - 25th September 2017
    vetting started - 26th January 2018
    Medical - 05th February 2018
    PCT - 23rd June 2018

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Bigred88

Emailed today and I’m still with the commissioner awaiting sign off .
    Here’s hoping for July ...

I’m conceding defeat here now. I’m not signed off nor will I be anytime soon. The system is a joke.
    I’m booking holidays for the week the April intake begins and I’m going abroad the end of June too so will miss the next intake not like I’ll be signed off for that either. This has been the worst experience of my life, I’m actually disgusted at the whole organisation. I applied 922 days go for this job. 922 days. I did my interview 746 days ago, my medical 724 days ago and my Fitness test was 639 days ago. . . At that fitness test we were told we would surely make one of the next 2 intakes, worst case scenario we’d have to wait for 3. I count that 8 have gone by since then.
    Since that fitness test Garda HR did not contact me for well over a year (don’t have the exact days for this one) ... I’ve postponed family holidays,
    I’ve not furthered my career and have fell well down the ladder in my current job as my attitude was “I’m tipping off to the gaurds anyway” set in.
    My file is awaiting sign off for ages, no reason to why people who applied after I’ve been awaiting sign off are getting offers (well done to these people it’s not their fault) ...
    Hand on heart this recruitment has made the last 3 years of my life a misery I feel like I’ve been used and put in a frame of mind for no reason.
    Like everyone else we were on time for every little thing they told us to do, every form and print off ready with correct info. Got fit for the physicals (not easy for some) .. like me I even bought new glasses for the medical for €175 to assure I passed and I sent every bit of vetting off down to the area codes and Eir codes to also assure there wouldn’t be any hassles. I also paid close to €300 for mock interviews and tests privately.
    All of this to get no info back to where I’m at or to why I’m there or anything.
    I told my son we couldn’t take a holiday in January (i work over Xmas) because of possible recruitment and I told him in feb that I’ll be going in April to the gaurds so we will knock holiday on the head till the end of the year. I still
    Didn’t get any offer.
    This isn’t a sob story for people to feel bad because I’m only one person from one family and there’s 20, 30 maybe more people like me with all of this sh1t taking over their lives.
    I myself am done. Finito. I will take another direction and I haven’t a clue where that will be but I can’t live like this anymore.
    I’m not a petty person but it leaves the sourest of tastes in my mouth towards the organisation which has so many great members. The treatment I’ve received and ignorance won’t leave my mind in a hurry and I wouldn’t encourage anyone to go for it after this experience. It kills me as this is my 3rd time applying for AGS as I failed two previous campaigns. It’s ironic that the one I do pass isn’t even offered to me.
    I don’t often justify feeling sorry for myself but in this case when you’re hard done by you are hard done by. My tether has run out.
    Best of luck to everyone who gets it soon as I won’t deny it’s gonna be a great job.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Polly26

Bigred88 wrote: »
    Emailed today and I’m still with the commissioner awaiting sign off .
    Here’s hoping for July ...

Are you not hopeful for April at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Bigred88

Polly26 wrote: »
    Are you not hopeful for April at this stage?

Not really polly. My file has been waiting a decision since before Xmas . Although anything can happen . Still keeping my fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Irishman87545

Absolutely scandalous in your case man ,I know the position it puts you in when your told pretty much you have the job and they expect you to put your life on hold until then . I wouldn't let it rest though ! You definitely need some sort of answer to what went wrong here ! Has to be down to some sort of human error

Advertisement