Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardaí contact Louth family after Irish woman is detained in Syria

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

She met a guy that was an isis sympathiser, and had a child with him, he is now dead, she is older and wiser now and a mother,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Gatling wrote: »
    We have a serious basket case mentality in this country ,
    Some are only happy to import murderer's , rapists and child abusers who happen to be here illegally while crying don't send them home they might have to face justice in their home countries and were better than that ,
    Now it's let's bring in terrorists we can monitor them here ,give them bracelets ,give them council houses ,
    Our courts can't deal with our own criminals never mind people who are only interested in Isis or death ,
    The same people don't want corporal jihadi living next door to their families or towns.
    But expect everyone else to put with them .

Sorry no it's not the right thing to do ,

You happy with sending her to Assad?You were one of the foremost supporters on this forum of a war that would have replaced Syria with Isis/Al Queda rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

You happy with sending her to Assad?You were one of the foremost supporters on this forum of a war that would have replaced Syria with Isis/Al Queda rule.

I'm happy for her to be dealt with by the Kurdish Territory forces ,
    Isis and alq would have been wiped out Frankly Assad caused this and the longer he claims to the the only power in Syria ,then Syria is no longer

Iran wants their cut
    Russia wants their cut
    Hizbolla wants their cut
    Turkey wants their cut

Kurdish Territory's will become a internationally recognised state .

Assad will eventually face justice

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭Odhinn

I'm happy for her to be dealt with by the Kurdish Territory forces ,
    Isis and alq would have been wiped out Frankly Assad caused this and the longer he claims to the the only power in Syria ,then Syria is no longer

Iran wants their cut
    Russia wants their cut
    Hizbolla wants their cut
    Turkey wants their cut

Kurdish Territory's will become a internationally recognised state .

Assad will eventually face justice

Given Turkish opposition to Kurdish nationalism and the weight Turkeys nato membership carrys with the Americans, I can't see it happening any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

goat2 wrote: »
    She met a guy that was an isis sympathiser, and had a child with him, he is now dead, she is older and wiser now and a mother,

Is she? She was interviewed on ITV in a niqab a number of days ago saying ISIS was "not over yet." She also met husband in Syria post-radicalisation.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,464 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

The Syrian Government will do as they wish. Acts of war against the state is a capital offence by hanging. Noose her up.

The Syrian Government has requested that western states take their terrorists back home and try them domestically. They have made it clear that they cannot, and will not, hold tens of thousands of prisoners in their domestic prison system long-term. They have warned that failure by western states to repatriate their citizens will lead to terrorists escaping the country.
    SSr0 wrote: »
    That's some strange logic.

They can do far less damage to the West when they're stuck in the ME.

You do realise that hundreds of thousands of people have left the Middle East to travel to Europe as a result of the conflict in Syria and elsewhere, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Bertie and Dermot Ahern thought she was good fun, no doubt the same as ISIS beheaded all around her she had no problem with that

Official Ireland's reaction to this has been jaw-dropping thus far. Have they forgotten what ISIL followers did on the streets of Paris and Nice? Never mind their activities in the Levant. Our friends France and the US - who have cause to take this kind of thing a great deal more seriously than we do - should pay very close attention to our treatment of this case.

A former Minister and former Taoiseach - "Ah shur she was a load of craic. Loved a pint of plain and a game of bridge on de gubberment jet. No harm. Shur who hasn't joined a fascist death cult after getting a bad pint?"

Leo also kindly letting us all know that newly minted Irish who are toying with jihadism face no threat of having their citizenship being taken from them if they trip over their shoelaces and end up in a warzone fighting for a millenarian doomsday cult. Jokeshop; we are a definite security weak-link in Europe.

The Syrian Government has requested that western states take their terrorists back home and try them domestically. They have made it clear that they cannot, and will not, hold tens of thousands of prisoners in their domestic prison system long-term.

Which Syrian government and if your referenced the Assad regime they had no problem butchering hundreds of thousands of Syrians to hold on to autocratic minority rule,

Most western systems cannot hold tens of thousands of terrorists either .
    So there is few options out there to deal with Isis prisoners

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

Funny, I'm seeing the "she's someone's [insert family member], she fell in with a bad crowd, she's a good girl at heart, she loves her family" bull**** we usually see when a violent offender with 90 convictions goes before the courts, wouldn't be surprised it "she had a bad upbringing, had substance abuse issues, difficult home life" come up too, I've said it before and I'll probably say it many many times again, but the the acceptance and at times celebration of crime and criminal behaviour in Ireland is insane.

• Advertisement

El_Bee wrote: »
    Funny, I'm seeing the "she's someone's [insert family member], she fell in with a bad crowd, she's a good girl at heart, she loves her family" bull**** we usually see when a violent offender with 90 convictions goes before the courts, wouldn't be surprised it "she had a bad upbringing, had substance abuse issues, difficult home life" come up too.

I seen its all Facebooks fault as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Fastidious

El_Bee wrote: »
    Funny, I'm seeing the "she's someone's [insert family member], she fell in with a bad crowd, she's a good girl at heart, she loves her family" bull**** we usually see when a violent offender with 90 convictions goes before the courts, wouldn't be surprised it "she had a bad upbringing, had substance abuse issues, difficult home life" come up too.

What the **** did she do? Cause the responses here are nothing short of disgusting...your intolerance towards muslims is worrying. What makes this case different is that as far as I can see she hasn't murdered anyone or committed other reprehensible crimes. Indeed she is someones daughter, she obviously is a troubled woman in dire need of our support. What she deserves is a compassionate response, perspective is whats needed here and you sure as hell wouldnt be saying the same about those travellers committing obscure murders in Australia. She was naive, you're right in saying that she mixed with the wrong crowd, but don't we all?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Fastidious wrote: »
    What the **** did she do? Cause the responses here are nothing short of disgusting...your intolerance towards muslims is worrying. What makes this case different is that as far as I can see she hasn't murdered anyone or committed other reprehensible crimes. Indeed she is someones daughter, she obviously is a troubled woman in dire need of our support. What she deserves is a compassionate response, perspective is whats needed here and you sure as hell wouldnt be saying the same about those travellers committing obscure murders in Australia. She was naive, you're right in saying that she mixed with the wrong crowd, but don't we all?
    weak sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

e9d.jpg

"Ah de poor craythur. She had a bad dose, the nerves were at her and she went to Syria to join an apocalyptic genocidal jihadi war-machine. Happens to the best of us. A bit of flat 7-up and she'll be grand."

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Nothing to do with her being a Muslim, it’s to do with her joining a terrorist group and not having shown any remorse.

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Nothing to do with her being a Muslim, it’s to do with her joining a terrorist group and not having shown any remorse.

Bit rich coming from you fr

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Bit rich coming from you fr

:D

I see you’re in 5th year in skool, carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,299 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Varadkar was offering consular assistance to that Russian bollix who wasn't even born here so there's no doubt this tramp will get the same.

It would be great if she was tried and imprisoned over there but unfortunately we have little choice but to take her back if that doesn't happen.

Although on another thread a poster suggested she was entitled to SW because she paid taxes here, well IMO the only thing she is entitled to is a jail cell.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

Seriously though.
    Who here hasn't gone off the rails and joined a terrorist group in Syria at some point.

Have some compassion.
    FFS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Open the plane door at cruising altitude and give her a boot out…

Shouting Éirinn go Brách!

mad muffin wrote: »

Were no longer allowed to say things like that

So you seem to have no problem uttering that IRA rubbish no your problem lies with other people namely muslims doing similarly. Tell me again you're not racist

Were no longer allowed to say things like that

I show no mercy to my enemies. :mad:

So you seem to have no problem uttering that IRA rubbish no your problem lies with other people namely muslims doing similarly. Tell me again you're not racist

Last I checked she was Irish. Or is Muslim a race now?

No you are the racist. You hate your own race.

No I don’t care what her religion is. All I know is she joined an organisation that has vowed to eliminate all non Sunni. That makes her my enemy.

I WILL NOT GO SOFTLY INTO THE NIGHT. I WILL NOT LIE DOWN LIKE A LAMB TO BE SLAUGHTERED.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭vapor trails

Does anyone know why we are only hearing about this girl now? I'd imagine this girls presence in Syria with ISIS was well known to people prior to her little TV appearance in the last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Pronto63

Dept of Foreign Affairs should of course offer consular assistance to any Irish citizen in distress abroad.

A clerical officer should be dispatched immediately, on bicycle, to assist her. If he forgets his pencil he can always cycle back and get one!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

look this woman has no other citizenship so she'll have to be let back in and then de-radicalized. but i wouldnt be paying her airfare home.
    She voluntarily joins an organisation which is trying to spread radical Islam all over the world, raping and killing, owns slaves, killing any non-Muslim they find.

This is not a teenager running off with the circus.
    This woman has military training and is now in ISIS, what could possibly go wrong when she comes back to our streets.

I don't think she can be de-radicalised, nor am I willing to bet Irish lives on it.
    Let her stay in the camps in Syria.

To bring ISIS brides back to establish the next generation of fighters under our very noses, in our neighbourhoods - get a big fat no from me.

biko wrote: »
    She voluntarily joins an organisation which is trying to spread radical Islam all over the world, raping and killing, owns slaves, killing any non-Muslim they find.

This is not a teenager running off with the circus.

I don't think she can be de-radicalised, nor am I willing to bet Irish lives on it.
    Let her stay in the camps in Syria.

To bring ISIS brides back to establish the next generation of fighters under our very noses, in our neighbourhoods - get a big fat no from me.

Exactly. She knew, without a shadow of a doubt 100% what they are. What they do. What they stand for. She has no excuse. None. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,359 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Last I checked she was Irish. Or is Muslim a race now?

No you are the racist. You hate your own race.

No I don’t care what her religion is. All I know is she joined an organisation that has vowed to eliminate all non Sunni. That makes her my enemy.

I WILL NOT GO SOFTLY INTO THE NIGHT. I WILL NOT LIE DOWN LIKE A LAMB TO BE SLAUGHTERED.

You sound like a modern day Crusader or maybe Batman.

Advertisement