Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardaí contact Louth family after Irish woman is detained in Syria

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Fastidious wrote: »
    You're sick..must be great being so perfect and everything, I'm sure you've never done something you've regretted. She obviously wasn't well in head when making the decision to leave nevertheless, I can't help but think that only reason you feel so strongly about this is because or her religion..it's high time the mods silence the views of bigots like you

Some people I know regret things like getting a particular tattoo, even getting married or hooking up with a partner, taking a particular job or starting a particular college course.

Don't know anyone that decided to go join a 7th century ultra backwards organisation that had at it's core beliefs that anyone not believing in the same things should be slaughtered, young girls could be forcibly married to soldiers, that non combatants should have their throats slashed for a twisted snuff video, that POWs could be burned alive and that now regrets the move.

Maybe you just know a different type of person to me. :rolleyes:

And maybe some of us just don't like a religious view that sees us and our children as targets for slaughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Tacklebox

You're sick..must be great being so perfect and everything, I'm sure you've never done something you've regretted. She obviously wasn't well in head when making the decision to leave nevertheless, I can't help but think that only reason you feel so strongly about this is because or her religion..it's high time the mods silence the views of bigots like you

Nothing to do with her religion, more like her interpretation of religion.

She's Following a gang who's hell bent on wiping out any sect of Islam which isn't their version.

Wipe out the Yazidis, Christians, Zoroastrian's, Shia's, Allawites... Atheists, Pagans..

And many more.

I've researched the Salafist's they're not religious or any way pious.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭SSr0

Just leaving her in Syria is the easy option. If every western country took that approach then we are only compounding the security risk associated with these radicalised individuals.

That's some strange logic.

They can do far less damage to the West when they're stuck in the ME.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Just her religion? Do you think what Isis believes is a common Islamic belief systems.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,354 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Apparently she claimed to be British when interviewed by ITV news :0

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Simple_Simone

SaifUllah wrote: »
    She should of course!
    She is an Irish citizen and it's arguable even if she should stand trial.

White American soldiers that murdered Iraqis are brought home as heroes.
    She happens to be on the "wrong" side as defined by the Islamaphobic west.

This is all just more excuses for racism and Islamaphobic bigotry against Muslims.

Shame on you all.

#FreeLisaSmyth
    #LisaSmythIsInnocent

Hi Lynn!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

ah stop.

Reporter: But then she's asked, whether ISIS is now over

Lisa: Not over yet. Not over yet.

She's still hanging on to the dream of the caliphate. Like the Begum girl - unrepentant.

She will need to be contained when she comes back, kept away from society to stop her from infecting others with her fascist death cult ideology.

https://www.independent.ie/breaking-news/irish-news/its-not-over-what-irish-isil-bride-detained-in-syria-said-in-itv-interview-37894677.html

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Tacklebox

Anyhow I'm bowing out of the discussion, because I have to keep it real with fact's.

I don't want to be debating with people who are emotionally triggered by their respective so called Liberal sympathetic for supporters of serial killers and junkie goon's...

It'll only get messy and schizophrenic...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,354 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

My preference is she never comes back here

If however she somehow does get back I would say John o gods for the rest of her natural.

So if not here, where? If Syria and Iraq don’t want her, and they don’t, it has to be here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,268 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

So if not here, where? If Syria and Iraq don’t want her, and they don’t, it has to be here.

Maybe she should think about this before joining IS?

pjohnson wrote: »
    Maybe she should think about this before joining IS?

That’s not the issue. Why should any other country take a terrorist we produced if they don’t want to. This is a white Irish woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,268 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

That’s not the issue. Why should any other country take a terrorist we produced if they don’t want to. This is a white Irish woman.

Well she seems to think she is British so maybe we should just say nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Fastidious

Just her religion? Do you think what Isis believes is a common Islamic belief systems.

What? The only reason you are hating on her is because she is muslim albeit a fundamentalist one. Islampahobe

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Aaah the auld 'mentally unstable' defence. She was in her 30s, not an awe struck adolescent, and she had been a member of the the Defence Forces and would have undergone medical examinations on entering, during and exiting her time there. And yes her mental well being would have been assessed too.

The only bigots on here are those supporting an ISIS member.

Good man trivializing mental health ought to make you feel better

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

With a bit of luck perhaps Syria and or Iraq may show a bit of interest in her. Maybe show her some Muslim justice which she seems fond of.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Good man trivializing mental health ought to make you feel better

Actually it was you who raised the issue. Will I remind you of it?

What? The only reason you are hating on her is because she is muslim albeit a fundamentalist one. Islampahobe

I’m not hating at all since I’m one of the few saying she should come back. Not that I like her.

I think you may be trying a bit hard here. I can’t use the t word though.

With a bit of luck perhaps Syria and or Iraq may show a bit of interest in her. Maybe show her some Muslim justice which she seems fond of.

And if they don’t want her? Or think that keeping radicals is dangerous for them?

Also Syria is fairly secular. Although the west has been trying to change that.

I’m not hating at all since I’m one of the few saying she should come back. Not that I like her.

I think you may be trying a bit hard here. I can’t use the t word though.

Try hard, tinker, tranny...what this t word youre referring to cause I'm at a loss

• Advertisement

Actually it was you who raised the issue. Will I remind you of it?

No I was using that to justify her actions...you seem to be completely unaware of the hardship people like you cause to her when you go around belittling her mental health problems but ignorance is bliss eh?

Try hard, tinker, tranny...what this t word youre referring to cause I'm at a loss

Can’t say it. Rhymes with roll.

You don’t seem very mature. I’ve decided to put you on ignore. The second person ever.

Can’t say it. Rhymes with roll.

You don’t seem very mature. I’ve decided to put you on ignore. The second person ever.

<3

No I was using that to justify her actions...you seem to be completely unaware of the hardship people like you cause to her when you go around belittling her mental health problems but ignorance is bliss eh?

how do you know she is mentally ill?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,998 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Zero tolerance - she made her choice.

irrelevant. especially under international law which comes before some nonsense Zero tolerance which has no possibility of being able to work. world security is more important then nonsense and that is why the west has to be forced to take back it's maniacs. syria, unless it decides of it's own accord that it wishes to put people on trial, has every right to deport any western citizens back to their country of origin and it should do so if that is what it decides.
    Tacklebox wrote: »
    Well Maybe send her to the Hague for war crime's.

If we're part of Europe, maybe there should be a prison for traitors and terrorist's.

The prison could be somewhere remote with maximum security, somewhere which is heavily guarded, an island preferably.

She can bring her prayer mat and holy book with her, leave her out for an hour a day.

Then she can watch reruns of wanderly wagon and glenroe, pull weeds from the paving, paint stones or something, every now and again show her footage of what she's missing from her homeland....

Nostalgia really hits home with these people.

i'd imagine certain conditions have to be met before the war crimes tribunal can be used. i'd imagine this one, fighting on behalf of a non-existant state but a simple terrorist group, wouldn't qualify. a european prison for terrorists is quite likely a non-runner as who exactly would host it? much better for everyone to have each individual country forced to take back their maniacs to deal with so that others aren't burdened any more then another.
    SSr0 wrote: »
    That's some strange logic.

They can do far less damage to the West when they're stuck in the ME.

as they can ultimately slip under the radar long term if left in the ME, they can easily sneak back in to their home countries un-noticed. this means the whole world in fact is put at risk by dumping foreign terrorists on the ME against the will of the ME. so yes, they can potentially do the same or more damage to the west if left running wild within the ME.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭SnazzyPig

Shes an Irish citizen at the end of the day, we can't turn our backs on her. Our compassion is what separates us from evil isis

Compassion makes great material if you're paving the road to hell.

look this woman has no other citizenship so she'll have to be let back in and then de-radicalized. but i wouldnt be paying her airfare home.

lthen de-radicalized

And how's that gonna work? What ever happened to respecting each other's religious beliefs, certainly hers are exceptional but it's not like she's gonna set up a mini terrorist organisation of her own to rid ireland of non muslims-idiot.

And how's that gonna work? What ever happened to respecting each other's religious beliefs, certainly hers are exceptional but it's not like she's gonna set up a mini terrorist organisation of her own to rid ireland of non muslims-idiot.
    good man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

We have a serious basket case mentality in this country ,
    Some are only happy to import murderer's , rapists and child abusers who happen to be here illegally while crying don't send them home they might have to face justice in their home countries and were better than that ,
    Now it's let's bring in terrorists we can monitor them here ,give them bracelets ,give them council houses ,
    Our courts can't deal with our own criminals never mind people who are only interested in Isis or death ,
    The same people don't want corporal jihadi living next door to their families or towns.
    But expect everyone else to put with them .

Sorry no it's not the right thing to do ,

Advertisement