Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ireland v France

• 10-03-2019 1:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

Sacré bleu.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Mike Oxlong

That table is all over the gaff!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

This French team will crack, put some pressure on and we'll win big.

They're getting a lot of good press cos of their last game against a depleted Scotland team who forgot how to tackle.

Ireland by 2 millions I say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Perifect

Why do French People eat snails?
    Because they don't like fast food! Let's batter them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Breaking News: Rob Kearney a late withdrawal.

Jordan Larmour starts at 15 with Andrew Conway added to the replacements at 23.

Forced into it but this might be a good thing. Larmour needs game time for Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,641 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

It's very windy out there today. Expect France to drop a few high kicks to test out Larmour.

I'm excited to see how this team attacks though. Larmour, Stockdale and Earls could.be a great counterattacking back three. Ringrose in there means we have another playmaking option as well.

Clegg wrote: »
    It's very windy out there today. Expect France to drop a few high kicks to test out Larmour.

I'm excited to see how this team attacks though. Larmour, Stockdale and Earls could.be a great counterattacking back three. Ringrose in there means we have another playmaking option as well.

If Larmour passes the defensive test, he definitely adds more attacking wise. Conditions won't make it easy so it will be very impressive if he excels considering the late call up. This is a golden opportunity for Larmour. Hope he takes it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

A couple of French fans near me have managed to bring in horns or trumpets and are blasting it every time an Irish player practices place kicking.

Bit annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,773 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

The weather will be a leveller here. Not a day for brilliant counter attacking. Could be a slog fest in the forwards. Likely to see stats like "Stander 15 carries for 17 metres".

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭vapor trails

I wonder how long was it the Irish management knew Kearney was actually out for? The less time France have to target or plan to target Larmour the better I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Joe has 2nd thoughts, and realises its better that Bobster be held back for the WC knockout games.
    Better late tgan never. Sense prevails.

I cracked an egg in the pan this morning and it ended up shaped very like Ireland. French humbling coming up.

Rain is down now. **** me it's cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Mike Oxlong

troyzer wrote: »
    Rain is down now. **** me it's cold.

I'll pass, tnx though

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Full on blizzard where I am in Dublin!! Interesting 80 minutes ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,773 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Snow lashing down here in terenure. Very dark and cold and windy.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

troyzer wrote:
    A couple of French fans near me have managed to bring in horns or trumpets and are blasting it every time an Irish player practices place kicking.

troyzer wrote:
    Bit annoying.

Tut tut.

Lot of empty seats still.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Half an hour to kickoff and it's absolutely baltic, that's fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

With the weather no surprise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,742 ✭✭✭✭bilston

On another day aboslutely...but alas the conditions mean we won't be seeing a lot counter attack play today.

Everyone dodging the weather. Snow easing off now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Weather is going to make this a game for forwards and cold hands and wind will make for a game of scrums.

Bit annoying.

Any crowd noise above that of the audience at a string quartet recital is always irritating.
    Polite applause, if appropriate, at breaks in play only please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭memorystick

Is it sold out? Doesn't look full I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Is it sold out? Doesn't look full I know.

It'll be full at 3.05

The Aviva crowd is largely there for a bit of piss up

Weather doesn't help either

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭joseywhales

I've never seen a six nation's game not sell out, just people waiting in the pub

• Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Disgraceful that the stadium is half empty when the teams come out.

The French are dressed like English players. Batter them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

French anthem was louder, at least on tv. Wtf. Is half the crowd still in the pub or do people still not know the words?!

Advertisement