Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tommy Robinson jailed

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Ohhhh Tommeh Tommeh, he's going back to jail because he's thick as sh1t.

You are commenting on a live court case, and as AG Cox has said, "it is an offence to comment on live court cases".

• Registered Users Posts: 25,439 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Ffs. Leave him alone. Getting silly now. Maybe go and arrest a few paedophiles or rapist's.

So you think he shouldn't answer for his crimes? They should just turn a blind eye?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 746 ✭✭✭GinAndBitter

So you think he shouldn't answer for his crimes? They should just turn a blind eye?

He hasn't been convicted yet, he'll get his day in court.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,156 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Danzy wrote: »
    Estimates of a 100k girls abused in the last 2 decades by organized gangs.

I've been googling and can't find that statistic anywhere.

Also, when it comes to figures it's worth reading this.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/nov/11/84-per-cent-of-grooming-gangs-are-asians-we-dont-know-if-that-figure-is-right

• Registered Users Posts: 39,712 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Billy Mays wrote: »

Oh dear, he will be on youtube later shaking down the crazies for yet more money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,340 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Ffs. Leave him alone. Getting silly now. Maybe go and arrest a few paedophiles or rapist's.

You say that is if the police etc dealing with SYL's case had to choose between it and a case involving a paedophile, and decided SYL was the one worth pursuing.

If SYL broke the law, he should face legal repercussions for doing so, as should anyone. SYL facing legal repercussion for his actions does not mean some paedophile or rapist is getting off free. If anything, his actions could have led to the collapse of a trial involving four paedophiles who possibly could have then gone free, so it's absolutely right that SYL face justice for that.

He hasn't been convicted yet, he'll get his day in court.

Neither where the people he was recording outside of court at the time of his filming. I hope he does get his day in court, i also hope he gets a few years inside to contemplate om his idiotic actions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Neither where the people he was recording outside of court at the time of his filming. I hope he does get his day in court, i also hope he gets a few years inside to contemplate om his idiotic actions.

I also hope he faces harassment charges for that story from yesterday. Seems to do it to loads of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Boggles wrote: »
    Oh dear, he will be on youtube later shaking down the crazies for yet more money.

Pretty soon, he'll be selling supplements like the other right-wing intellectuals - Paul Joseph Watson, Alex Jones and Ben Shapiro.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,265 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I wonder if he is getting royalties on the I LUV Tommy burkas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭The Highwayman

Nothing Timmy Robinson said that day was not in the public domain. The judge when he was released from prison said it himself. Also 3 other journalist's reported the same thing that day but none were arrested or even questioned about it.

You can hate Tommy Robinson all you want but if you can't see this as a political witch hunt your either willfuly ignorant or simply a shill to attack Tommy. Now that's fine, attack him all you want but at least be honest about your agenda.

Since he scooped Panorama the heat on SYL has been turned up completely. This is an orchestrated political attack because he exposes ugly truth. He been doing it for 12 years.

Now you hope Tommy Robinson get sent down for 'a few years' what exactly did he do to deserve a few years in prison? What charge is he under that carries that kind of sentence?
    But naturally you don't care about that. It's leftist authoritarian drones who just want to attack, imprison or kill people who reject the Marxist idiolidgy.

"When you cut out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.”

Have you ever heard of the term, 'useful idiots'? Perhaps you should look into it and have a long think about yourself. Remember it's the useful idiots who are put against the wall first.

https://youtu.be/K4kHiUAjTvQ

I'm not saying everything Tommy Robinson does or says is 100% right but he has a right to say and do it in a free society. You don't want a free society.

And that's the real reason.

Nothing Timmy Robinson said that day was not in the public domain. The judge when he was released from prison said it himself. Also 3 other journalist's reported the same thing that day but none were arrested or even questioned about it.

You can hate Tommy Robinson all you want but if you can't see this as a political witch hunt your either willfuly ignorant or simply a shill to attack Tommy. Now that's fine, attack him all you want but at least be honest about your agenda.

Since he scooped Panorama the heat on SYL has been turned up completely. This is an orchestrated political attack because he exposes ugly truth. He been doing it for 12 years.

Now you hope Tommy Robinson get sent down for 'a few years' what exactly did he do to deserve a few years in prison? What charge is he under that carries that kind of sentence?
    But naturally you don't care about that. It's leftist authoritarian drones who just want to attack, imprison or kill people who reject the Marxist idiolidgy.

"When you cut out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.”

Have you ever heard of the term, 'useful idiots'? Perhaps you should look into it and have a long think about yourself. Remember it's the useful idiots who are put against the wall first.

https://youtu.be/K4kHiUAjTvQ

I'm not saying everything Tommy Robinson does or says is 100% right but he has a right to say and do it in a free society. You don't want a free society.

And that's the real reason.

not when there is a court order that says he cant

not when there is a court order that says he cant

The point is, it's not a very serious offence and the extent to which he has been prosecuted about it is way above what would be expected. They did a dawn raid ffs.

If people thought it was such a serious offence why are they still commenting on Tommy's case after the British AG said today that it is now a case before the courts and to comment on it is an offence. People openly hoping Tommy gets locked up for a similar offence that they, themselves are committing with their comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,031 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Dante7 wrote: »
    The point is, it's not a very serious offence and the extent to which he has been prosecuted about it is way above what would be expected. They did a dawn raid ffs.

If people thought it was such a serious offence why are they still commenting on Tommy's case after the British AG said today that it is now a case before the courts and to comment on it is an offence. People openly hoping Tommy gets locked up for a similar offence that they, themselves are committing with their comments.

Because we're a different jurisdiction since the war of independence?

contempt of court involving a case that is part of multiple linked trials IS a serious offence. Added to the fact that he as already under a suspended sentence for the same thing.

I'm not in the uk, i can say what i like about the case.

I'm not in the uk, i can say what i like about the case.

So it's not that serious an offence so. Posting about it from a different jurisdiction on a platform that is readily available in the resident jurisdiction could also theoretically hamper a trial, but that is not what this is about.

The Irish independent committed a similar offence in this jurisdiction and got chastised for it, but the journalists responsible didn't have their homes raided at 6am and no one was calling for them to be locked up.

So it's not that serious an offence so. Posting about it from a different jurisdiction on a platform that is readily available in the resident jurisdiction could also theoretically hamper a trial, but that is not what this is about.

you seem to have added 2+2 and got 5.
    The Irish independent committed a similar offence in this jurisdiction and got chastised for it, but the journalists responsible didn't have their homes raided at 6am and no one was calling for them to be locked up.

Nothing i say here could potentially hamper a trial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

Liberals here would prefer to send TR to jail instead of a real "coloured" paedos and thats the sad truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

declan2693 wrote: »
    Liberals here would prefer to send TR to jail instead of a real "coloured" paedos and thats the sad truth.

Best case scenario for me would be them in prison bunked up together.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,162 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

declan2693 wrote: »

As opposed to white "paedos" who we don't seem to have an opinon on...?

Sounds like Tommy territory right there.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭The pink killer

I'm not his biggest fan but its a joke the way he's been treated,up to the english to now show there disdain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

lbc2019 wrote: »

Sure how many times have we seen it on this site? Something happens and the usual gobsh/tes are falling over themselves to post idiotic remarks like "the religion of peace strikes again" only to find out hours later that it was a white male that did the dirty deed.

For some reason they then avoid the thread, it's as if they cannot acceot that they were wrong and jumped the gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

As opposed to white "paedos" who we don't seem to have an opinon on...?

Sounds like Tommy territory right there.

Grooming followed by abuse of vulnerable girls in care in the UK is an offence where Pakistani Moslems men overwhelmingly figure. Connected with that, there were care services, police forces and local government who were paralysed by fear of appearing racist. Whataboutery is beyond stupid. White paedos appear to use different, more online, social media focussed, methods.

It is claimed that increasingly Pakistani Moslem males now seem to be looking for asylum in this country. Perhaps the belated effectiveness of UK courts and prosecutors is noticed by them. I do wonder whether some have picked up on how the Irish criminal justice system is a useless, clogged up scam against taxpayers, with worthless agencies like Tusla making it even easier for a pervert, foreign or Irish to operate with relative impunity.

This country has enough perverts. Let other countries look after theirs.

It is extraordinary how pettily and nastily the UK System has behaved towards Tommy Robinson. Some of his supporters are a dubious crew, but the UK State attitude to him shows deep insecurity. And it has helped his cause more than anything. At least the Irish State is to disorganised for that sort of ongoing pettiness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭rgossip30

Tommy Robinson has been rearrested on the same charge as last time. The reason given is that he was offending the Muslims on trial for rape unbelieveable. www.trforfreedom.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Was it not trying to pervert the course of justice?

rgossip30 wrote: »
    Tommy Robinson has been rearrested on the same charge as last time. The reason given is that he was offending the Muslims on trial for rape unbelieveable. www.trforfreedom.com

yeah, like anybody will be dumb enough to click on that link

Contempt of court.

He was already cleared of that charge and released.

rgossip30 wrote: »
    He was already cleared of that charge and released.

he wasnt cleared. the original judgement was set aside. the DPP has decided that there will be a retrial.

• Advertisement

yeah, like anybody will be dumb enough to click on that link

Contempt of court.

So I am dumb because I clicked on the link thanks .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement