Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tommy Robinson jailed

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 746 ✭✭✭GinAndBitter

Boggles wrote: »
    Like I said, As you were.

Who do you think you are Liam Gallagher haha

Maybe someone else will explain how exactly I was owned.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,865 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I said that sometimes it is unfair the way some things he does is twisted to fit an agenda or to perpetuate a stereotype.

I have no issue with people thinking that he is a thug, I just have a problem with the medias push to vilify him. I feel the same about the media vilifying anyone to sell papers.

So you have no problem with an actual thug, but you have a problem with the media reporting about a thug.

:confused:

The media don't have to push very hard to vilify, the fooking muppet is doing that himself.

Do you agree that his grifting could very well end up getting someone hurt or killed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Also live in Manchester and it's grand. Although I wouldn't be walking around Moss side late at night

Boggles wrote:
    So you have no problem with an actual thug, but you have a problem with the media reporting about a thug.

Please. Please stop putting words in my mouth.

I said that I have no issue with you or anyone having their opinion of him. I do have an issue with the media portraying everything he does as heinous just to fit their narrative.

The panorama documentary would have been a vicious hit piece and that was from the BBC who should be held to higher standard than most. It doesn't take a huge leap of logic to determine that other media outlets would be even less scrupulous in their reporting.

Tommy Robinson is neither as great as his supporters would have you believe but he also sure as hell isn't as bad as the media like to tell you.

Boggles wrote:
    Do you agree that his grifting could very well end up getting someone hurt or killed?

And yes, based on what I've seen, his actions last night (or whenever that video was from) was highly irresponsible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,317 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I said that I have no issue with you or anyone having their opinion of him. I do have an issue with the media portraying everything he does as heinous just to fit their narrative.

The panorama documentary would have been a vicious hit piece and that was from the BBC who should be held to higher standard than most. It doesn't take a huge leap of logic to determine that other media outlets would be even less scrupulous in their reporting.

Tommy Robinson is neither as great as his supporters would have you believe but he also sure as hell isn't as bad as the media like to tell you.

you dont consider going mobhanded to somebodies house and banging on the door at 5am to be heinous? If they media describe tommy as heinous it is because he says and does heinous things.

RasTa wrote: »
    Also live in Manchester and it's grand. Although I wouldn't be walking around Moss side late at night

I don't think anyone suggested Manchester wasn't grand, what's the story with Moss side?

And yes, based on what I've seen, his actions last night (or whenever that video was from) was highly irresponsible.

Is that as far as you are willing to go? highly irresponsible? Not intimidatory and potentially criminally?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

So when I form an opinion of someone who's been convicted for multiple assaults, flying under a false passport and fraud, I'm not judging him correctly?

Or when I see him standing outside houses muslims live in and he calls them enemy combatants, I'm not seeing the true Tommy/Stephen?

The guy is a scumbag pure and simple.

Is that as far as you are willing to go? highly irresponsible? Not intimidatory and potentially criminally?

In the video he says he was there alone.

Sure, I'll go for intimidatory if you like. Excessively so. Irresponsible referred to the doxing.

Again, in only going on what I've seen so far. As facts unfold im sure my opinion will change

• Advertisement

I don't think anyone suggested Manchester wasn't grand, what's the story with Moss side?

Now I get you, wouldn't fancy living around there.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/feb/25/small-part-of-manchester-that-has-been-home-to-16-jihadis

Grayson wrote:
    So when I form an opinion of someone who's been convicted for multiple assaults, flying under a false passport and fraud, I'm not judging him correctly?
    I never said that. Your opinion is no more/less valid than anyone elses.
    Grayson wrote:
    Or when I see him standing outside houses muslims live in and he calls them enemy combatants, I'm not seeing the true Tommy/Stephen?

I've seen that video being mentioned quite a lot but I haven't actually seen it myself. I'll have a watch when I finish work.
    Grayson wrote:
    The guy is a scumbag pure and simple.

I disagree

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Sure TR is so victimised by the media that he can't even bang on a private person's door and windows at 5 in the morning making threats without the far left fake news media reporting it.

Poor TR. When will a white man be able to get all coked up and intimidate another white man without the fake news media reporting exactly what heppened but in a negative light.

I blame the brown people. Or the pedos. Or brown pedos.

Poor aul TR. Always the victim.

It's more black then Asian. Although where I live stuff like this happens.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3276722/The-shooting-7-year-old-great-city-gripped-gangsterism-quiet-cul-sacs-Manchester-suburb-home-bitter-turf-war.html

Salford- White and drugs
    Moss Side - Black and drugs
    Cheetham Hill - Asian and drugs

It's all very tribal over here. Stay on your patch etc but the Asians are the ones bringing in the drugs

It's more black then Asian. Although where I live stuff like this happens.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3276722/The-shooting-7-year-old-great-city-gripped-gangsterism-quiet-cul-sacs-Manchester-suburb-home-bitter-turf-war.html

Salford- White and drugs
    Moss Side - Black and drugs
    Cheetham Hill - Asian and drugs

It's all very tribal over here. Stay on your patch etc but the Asians are the ones bringing in the drugs

Sounds delightful.

Sounds delightful.

Well the main gang white guys who used to run the drugs and guns in the 80's and 90's with the Hacienda and rave scene etc identified as Irish(parents were)

3 of them and the only one still alive got charged with 13 historical sex offences against boys last year. I don't remember Tommy saying much about that even though everyone knew.

Watching the video from out ide the bloke's house at 5am and TR sounds unstable.

I'm sure his fans see it as their job to minimise his behaviour but this must make it very difficult.

He seems to think the fact that he's on his own makes it ok. I really hope that his fans recognise this us the kind of thing that we don't need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Pity about the poor kids in Manchester though isn't it. Or maybe it's funny to you. At least you're alright jack.

Don't try any pretend about the kids in all of this, when you have nothing to say for Tommy ignoring the sheer number of them in the EDL that he (or Stephen, or whatever) created, literally alongside a pedophile who he initially defended as being 'stitched up'.

It is blatantly obvious that you do not care about these children whatsoever, all they are to you (and Tommy, and all of his supporters aware of the litany of pedos in the EDL and Tommy`s consistent turning a blind eye to it) is a stick to beat others with and hide behind like an coward.

Well the main gang white guys who used to run the drugs and guns in the 80's and 90's with the Hacienda and rave scene etc identified as Irish(parents were)

3 of them and the only one still alive got charged with 13 historical sex offences against boys last year Although he was already locked up 11 years for robberies.

Shocking stuff that, I've not been in Manchester for years but I thought the city centre was an ok place. Don't know much about the suburbs. Whats the irish scumbags name that got done for the sex abuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I think the aggressive manner in which he approached the house will only cement the "thug" image that he is sometimes unfairly painted with.
    To be fair, saying Tommy Robinson is unfairly labelled a thug while saying he did act thuggishly, is a bit like saying Bill Cosby is unfairly labelled a rapist while also acknowledging he did rape women. If this were a one off then fair enough, but this has been Tommy Robinson`s MO ever since before he started the pedophile infested EDL while literally naming himself after an infamous football hooligan.

• Advertisement

Watching the video from out ide the bloke's house at 5am and TR sounds unstable.

I'm sure his fans see it as their job to minimise his behaviour but this must make it very difficult.

He seems to think the fact that he's on his own makes it ok. I really hope that his fans recognise this us the kind of thing that we don't need.

Tommy never goes anywhere on his own.

Tommy never goes anywhere on his own.

I dont know if thats accurate but then why would he travel alone? He's received numerous osman warnings from the police.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

I never said he would want to, it's just shows what a coward he is, as I said Twitter mouthpiece. If your gonna talk about someone you should have the bottle to talk to them when they confront you on it.

So harassment is a good character trait? That's what Tommy and Co are engaging in, fair few showing up in favour of thuggery tbh.

Shocking stuff that, I've not been in Manchester for years but I thought the city centre was an ok place. Don't know much about the suburbs. Whats the irish scumbags name that got done for the sex abuse.

Dominic Noonan

Sure TR is so victimised by the media that he can't even bang on a private person's door and windows at 5 in the morning making threats without the far left fake news media reporting it.

In this case I think it is right to highlight his behaviour.

I agree.

I think that if he is on his own, the fact that it has been reported that he brought a mob is evidence that even when he does something wrong, people will always try to make him look even worse.
    Billy86 wrote:
    To be fair, saying Tommy Robinson is unfairly labelled a thug while saying he did act thuggishly, is a bit like saying Bill Cosby is unfairly labelled a rapist while also acknowledging he did rape women. If this were a one off then fair enough, but this has been Tommy Robinson`s MO ever since before he started the pedophile infested EDL while literally naming himself after an infamous football hooligan.

I said that sometimes he is labeled a thug for things that the media fabricate. When he does something like this and it is reported on fairly and factually, then I have no issue.

Dominic Noonan

Ah the noonans, yeah I've heard about them. Didn't know one of them was a paedo.

I never said he would want to, it's just shows what a coward he is, as I said Twitter mouthpiece. If your gonna talk about someone you should have the bottle to talk to them when they confront you on it.

Now I'm sure you're fierce hard altogether, but normal people don't answer the door to aggressive callers at 5am. Particularly when the caller has a criminal record for violence, financial and immigration frauds, drug possession, public order offences.

Like I said, Im sure you're fierce hard and would have the 'bottle' to go down in your undies at 5am and discuss it sensibly on the street if that's the kind of thing you value. I'd just call the police and stay away from the clown.

Dominic Noonan

Ah the noonans, yeah I've heard about them. Didn't know one of them was a paedo.
    I wonder if TR will make a big noise about him.

Joke. Obviously he doesn't care if the pedo isn't brown.

This pedo got 11 years for his crimes. Not long enough but longer than what some get for similar crimes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,960 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

maxresdefault.jpg

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement