Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tommy Robinson jailed

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

rgossip30 wrote: »
    Tommy Robinson has been rearrested on the same charge as last time. The reason given is that he was offending the Muslims on trial for rape unbelieveable. www.trforfreedom.com

No, the reason is for contempt of court when he filmed himself approaching someone who was on trial for grooming.

Despite what his defenders think, you can't do that. It's stupid and idiotic at the extreme because the defendant then can claim that he can't receive a fair trial. Not only that, identifying that man could potentially identify some of his victims.

It was a stupid move for his own gain, he didn't give a **** about any of the victims in this particular case because if he did he'd let the trial play out before being all self-righteous.

Why are some people blind to what an arsehole this bloke is?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,159 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

So I am dumb because I clicked on the link thanks .

if you say so.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Hopefully the thousands of people who turned out all over UK last June 9th will do so again. Needs to be remembered at end of day that Tommy is only one man . As I said before theres only so much he can take.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Hopefully the thousands of people who turned out all over UK last June 9th will do so again. Needs to be remembered at end of day that Tommy is only one man . As I said before theres only so much he can take.

What do you think of him and fans ganging up on one man including turning up at his door in the middle of the night? There seems to be a weird level of blindness in terms of the dodgy things that Stephen engages in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

batgoat wrote: »
    What do you think of him and fans ganging up on one man including turning up at his door in the middle of the night? There seems to be a weird level of blindness in terms of the dodgy things that Stephen engages in.

He's a bit of a geezer but I think he is doing what he thinks is right.

• Advertisement

you misspelled violent thug

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

You could say that about just about any cnut.

you misspelled violent thug

Convicted violent thug and convicted fraudster.

Convicted violent thug and convicted fraudster.

I stand corrected.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,040 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Grooming followed by abuse of vulnerable girls in care in the UK is an offence where Pakistani Moslems men overwhelmingly figure. Connected with that, there were care services, police forces and local government who were paralysed by fear of appearing racist. Whataboutery is beyond stupid. White paedos appear to use different, more online, social media focussed, methods.
    I've no idea of that's true or not (guessing not) but a pedophile is a pedophile
    and if he attacks children he goes to jail.
    It is claimed that increasingly Pakistani Moslem males now seem to be looking for asylum in this country. Perhaps the belated effectiveness of UK courts and prosecutors is noticed by them. I do wonder whether some have picked up on how the Irish criminal justice system is a useless, clogged up scam against taxpayers, with worthless agencies like Tusla making it even easier for a pervert, foreign or Irish to operate with relative impunity.
    Ditto.
    This country has enough perverts. Let other countries look after theirs.
    Irrelevant to topic.
    It is extraordinary how pettily and nastily the UK System has behaved towards Tommy Robinson. Some of his supporters are a dubious crew, but the UK State attitude to him shows deep insecurity. And it has helped his cause more than anything. At least the Irish State is to disorganised for that sort of ongoing pettiness.
    Irrelevant to argument presented.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement

Tommy does associate with the nicest people

https://twitter.com/KhanUR1983/status/1103684505590734858

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,244 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I think he is doing what he thinks is right.

For himself.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

Fair retaliation for a completely different bloke handing a letter to a policeman at the end of Tommy's driveway terrifying and intimidating Tommy's wife and kids, surely.

RWCNT wrote: »
    Fair retaliation for a completely different bloke handing a letter to a policeman at the end of Tommy's driveway terrifying and intimidating Tommy's wife and kids, surely.

https://twitter.com/MikeStuchbery_/status/1103342205031366662?s=19

The "intimidation" of his family was legal papers being served to Robinson for defaming a Syrian teen. (which in itself was awful) So a bit of a misrepresentation, meanwhile Tommy and Co are behaving like thugs. Not "fair retaliation".. Respond with a legal threat, that's fair retaliation although he'd have no ground. Stuchberry probably does.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/tommy-robinson-facebook-sued-syrian-refugee-attack-school-huddersfield-defamation-jamal-a8805071.html?amp&__twitter_impression=true

• Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I'm going to godwin this a bit but Hitler thought he was doing the right thing. ISIS think they are doing the right thing. Thinking you are doing the right thing doesn't matter that much.

Also, he's milking his followers for money and spending it on coke in italy. So I don't think he even thinks he's doing the right thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭rgossip30

Faugheen wrote: »
    No, the reason is for contempt of court when he filmed himself approaching someone who was on trial for grooming.

Despite what his defenders think, you can't do that. It's stupid and idiotic at the extreme because the defendant then can claim that he can't receive a fair trial. Not only that, identifying that man could potentially identify some of his victims.

It was a stupid move for his own gain, he didn't give a **** about any of the victims in this particular case because if he did he'd let the trial play out before being all self-righteous.

Why are some people blind to what an arsehole this bloke is?

He was cleared of contempt of court and the case was quashed on appeal. I did see a barrister comment with some valid points until he clearly showed a dislike for him. The Sikh who also reported outside the court was not arrested .

He was cleared of contempt of court and the case was quashed on appeal. I did see a barrister comment with some valid points until he clearly showed a dislike for him. The Sikh who also reported outside the court was not arrested .

the original verdict was set aside because of procedural issues. He will be tried again. there will be no procedural issues this time and poor little tommy will find himself back inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,408 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

What is terrifying/intmidating about a someone handing a letter to a policeman at the end of the driveway?

What is terrifying/intmidating about a someone handing a letter to a policeman at the end of the driveway?

you need to ask Tommy that. He was the one claiming that his family were terrified.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,408 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

you need to ask Tommy that. He was the one claiming that his family were terrified.

Yeah, he also claims he's not a racist low life :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

He also claimed it wasn't delivered to his home at one stage. However how he can claim it wasn't his home and at the same time claim his family were intimidated.

Meanwhile Stephen/Tommy's supporters are intimidating people.

https://twitter.com/MikeStuchbery_/status/1103699575079092229

Editing to add:

And this is the guy who posted those photo's.
    https://twitter.com/OfWudan/status/1103431852092735491

His feed is all about how he's "alpha" and he can teah you too to be Alpha. For a price of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭rgossip30

the original verdict was set aside because of procedural issues. He will be tried again. there will be no procedural issues this time and poor little tommy will find himself back inside.

I will wait for the actual verdict.

https://twitter.com/MikeStuchbery_/status/1103342205031366662?s=19

The "intimidation" of his family was legal papers being served to Robinson for defaming a Syrian teen. (which in itself was awful) So a bit of a misrepresentation, meanwhile Tommy and Co are behaving like thugs. Not "fair retaliation".. Respond with a legal threat, that's fair retaliation although he'd have no ground. Stuchberry probably does.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/tommy-robinson-facebook-sued-syrian-refugee-attack-school-huddersfield-defamation-jamal-a8805071.html?amp&__twitter_impression=true

Yeah I agree, that's my point, I'm pointing out the the misrepresentation of the facts by TR, note the crossed out text haha.

Nothing, that's my point, I'm being sarcastic. Sorry if unclear.

Yeah I agree, that's my point, I'm pointing out the the misrepresentation of the facts by TR, note the crossed out text haha.

Nothing, that's my point, I'm being sarcastic. Sorry if unclear.

Ah my mistake, sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

All the tolerant lefties baying for him to be thrown in jail indefinetely.
    Wrong Think - just like the Russian Gulags.
    scary times.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,244 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

TomSweeney wrote: »
    scary times.

Quote who has said this please.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

I think it was more to do with their location being made public when everyone knew the man himself wasn't even in the country.

scary times.

I think people are happy to see normal sentencing... Not a gulag for life...

scary times.

If his wrong think is what causes him to harass people at their homes and run the risk of getting pedophiles off via mistrail by committing contempt of court, then yes, I want him banged up for wrong think.
    I think it was more to do with their location being made public when everyone knew the man himself wasn't even in the country.

I saw the video, there were no signs with street or road names and the address wasn't mentioned. You don't even see the house. The only information about the location was that it was in Bedfordshire, which hardly narrows anything down at all.

• Advertisement

Tommy does associate with the nicest people

https://twitter.com/KhanUR1983/status/1103684505590734858

Totally not racist Tommy hanging around with actual nazis.

I dunno. Maybe everybody's hanging out with nazis these days. I'm a bit old so I may have missed the memo telling me that hanging out with nazis is cool or something.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement