Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PES 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

noodler wrote: »
    Anyone?

The download section of the website (ps4) literally has nothing listed for the Premier league.

Am I missing something? Is there not *a* pes world option file?

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-10-02-pes-2019-patch-option-files-licences-kits-badges-5024

• Registered Users Posts: 14,215 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I got the gold agent from the coop challenge last night. Got 2 black ball players, ngolo kante and recoba

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Cienciano wrote: »
    I got the gold agent from the coop challenge last night. Got 2 black ball players, ngolo kante and recoba

I downloaded a legends option file a month or so ago and I thought Recoba was savage to use, not just set pieces

Colemania wrote: »
    I downloaded a legends option file a month or so ago and I thought Recoba was savage to use, not just set pieces
    Nice one, looking forward to using him.

I played about 6 games to win that poxy co op. Kept getting paired with idiots. Finally got control of formation, went with 5 at the back, probably getting cursed by my team mates. We cruise to a 4-1 victory :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

PES 2019 now reduced to a tenner on the PS store for the next week, for anyone who still hasn't taken the plunge, or maybe get one of your friends to join the party?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭CWF

I don't play online but am going to buy pes 2019. Is there any point getting the Beckham editions will it make any difference? Can I still play with Beckham offline if I buy that special edition

• Registered Users Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

CWF wrote: »
    I don't play online but am going to buy pes 2019. Is there any point getting the Beckham editions will it make any difference? Can I still play with Beckham offline if I buy that special edition

No point tbh

CWF wrote: »

As Callaway mentioned, there's no real point. The Beckham stuff is all used in 'MyClub' which is a section of the game that is heavily focused on online play.

Take the official PES survey to pick up 10k GP

It takes about 5 mins to complete

https://www.konami.com/wepes/2019/eu/en/page/survey

They'll use this data to put out the same game next year with transfer updates and some additional grass animations, no doubt :p

It's funny going through all the leagues Konami have licences for and clicking "I have no interest in this league"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

So I don't have much time for gaming at the moment, I got the pes lite and have been enjoying it offline just messing around with it . Last night I renewed my psn account for a few online games , I use 4g internet and surprised to say it works really well. I then noticed they have Barca stars up this week. So without spending a penny I have accumulated a team which includes Messi, Ronaldo, Aguero, Dembele, Rakitic, veratti. So now I have to get a manager which will cost me as my free coins won't cover it. So I reckon a fiver in real cash .
    So how much would I have to offload on FIFA to get a team like that I wonder. It's really a brilliant game for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Picked this up on PSN last week for a tenner, first football game I've played since a version of FIFA on PS3 years ago.

Is the main offline mode world league? Trying to get my head around option files too, I do not want to play a match of Man Red versus South Wales again :rolleyes:

I saw the post above linking to this: http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=103693, should this cover most of what I need?

dulpit wrote: »
    Picked this up on PSN last week for a tenner, first football game I've played since a version of FIFA on PS3 years ago.

Is the main offline mode world league? Trying to get my head around option files too, I do not want to play a match of Man Red versus South Wales again :rolleyes:

I saw the post above linking to this: http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=103693, should this cover most of what I need?

The Main offline mode is probably 'Master League' where you can take over any team in any of the available leagues and play as them through as many sequential league campaigns as you like. There's also 'Be a Legend' where the aim is to keep buying drinks for all your mates …. actually no, PES BAL is like Master League but you only control the same single player throughout his career.

As for the option files, that's actually the one I started on and it was fine apart from championship kits all looking the same. I note there is some update that seems to reference they may have fixed that. There are a number of guides for option file installations online so have a read through a couple to be sure and then try and follow one.

Good luck and hope you enjoy the game :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Salt Lake Stallion

Got PES for the first time in 10 years, been over 5 years since I played FIFA either.

I'm really enjoying playing it, both the Master League and Become a Legend, not a fan of online gaming at all so I really like how much there is in the offline modes.

Just have one question someone might know the answer to. In the Become a Legend mode, where can I find the previous trophies I have won as a player? All I can find is stats on games/goals etc and previous clubs. In Master League there is a Past Glories page, but I can't seem to find the equivalent in Become a Legend.

Been playing a master league season as Swansea and am failing miserably.. One thing that is beginning to really annoy me is the commentary. Every match starts by saying this is a highly anticipated game (when it's 16th placed Swansea versus 11th placed Sheffield Wednesday) and the stadium is one of the best stadiums in the world (when I'm playing in Brentford). Every player subbed off was "a bit leggy". For such a big game, you think they'd have a better variety of commentary...

Been playing a master league season as Swansea and am failing miserably.. One thing that is beginning to really annoy me is the commentary. Every match starts by saying this is a highly anticipated game (when it's 16th placed Swansea versus 11th placed Sheffield Wednesday) and the stadium is one of the best stadiums in the world (when I'm playing in Brentford). Every player subbed off was "a bit leggy". For such a big game, you think they'd have a better variety of commentary...

You should either listen to spotify in the background or like me, turn down the TV volume to zero and listen to a podcast. Football game commentary will drive you slowly insane.

Cienciano wrote: »
    You should either listen to spotify in the background or like me, turn down the TV volume to zero and listen to a podcast. Football game commentary will drive you slowly insane.

I go with the spotify option right now.

I do like how some random players if they take a shot make the commentator freak out

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Do ye not get a sense tht the commentary is so awful that it's actually funny? That's the only reason that I still have it on. :)

Wilberto wrote: »
    Do ye not get a sense tht the commentary is so awful that it's actually funny? That's the only reason that I still have it on. :)

I do like how they have the big long introduction to the match that they keep playing even after kick off if you skip all the animations. So you're into 10 minutes of the game and your man finally says "we've just started..." :rolleyes:

On topic of the game itself, I'm finding it hard to find a good level, it's either too easy if you pick a good team, or frustratingly hard if you don't have a great team. Any tips on how to score goals? I seem to struggle anytime I get even remotely close to the box, most goals are either counter-attacks or crosses in.

I tolerated the cheesiness of the commentary all the way through my time with PES 18, however when I noticed a lot of the same dodgy lines had been recycled in PES 19 I quickly gave up and now just play with the Crowd and SFX now. I haven't really missed it although a couple of times I've not noticed a goal has been ruled out without the commentators mentioning it (I usually cancel replays as soon as they start) and then I get confused when I'm not kicking off. (Once I even played the next couple of mins before realising the goal hadn't counted! :o )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,649 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

I do like how they have the big long introduction to the match that they keep playing even after kick off if you skip all the animations. So you're into 10 minutes of the game and your man finally says "we've just started..." :rolleyes:

On topic of the game itself, I'm finding it hard to find a good level, it's either too easy if you pick a good team, or frustratingly hard if you don't have a great team. Any tips on how to score goals? I seem to struggle anytime I get even remotely close to the box, most goals are either counter-attacks or crosses in.

I've just started playing on Top Player last week and was losing every match 3-2, it was so frustrating, every match followed the same pattern, I go 1-0 up, 1-1, 1-2 to the cpu, 2-2 and then cpu score in injury time to win it.

I started using mark settings last night, man marked the oppositions best players and beat Juve and Napoli 3-1 in my Lazio career. Easiest way for me to score so far has been to do a hell of a lot 1-2s and I've had success from a lot of low crosses.

Actually - is there a way to cancel replays across the board?

Actually - is there a way to cancel replays across the board?

I'm pretty sure I already looked into this and found there isn't, but if I did it was a few months back and my memory is a little hazy so maybe I'm wrong. I expect it's due to online gaming where the opponent might want the replays to play. It's probably too awkward for the game engine to allow an offline player to remove them completely, but you wouldn't think it would be that hard?

Just got Gilberto Silva in MyClub after winning the U1900 challenge. How in the actual fook is he only rated 82 at level 30? Same for Sol Campbell - He's only rated 84. ..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

callaway92 wrote: »
    Just got Gilberto Silva in MyClub after winning the U1900 challenge. How in the actual fook is he only rated 82 at level 30? Same for Sol Campbell - He's only rated 84. ..

Aguero is only 84 at lvl 30 too I think

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I have Gilberto Silva too, he's class. Nedved and Denilson also, though I haven't really integrated them yet. Big love for Nedved.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,079 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Trying my best to make master league interesting must of played so many different teams and scenarios over last few months but always end s up getting boring.

Hope there's some kinda improvement to it in next game.

Again though I reckon will be all my club.

Kimbot wrote: »
    Aguero is only 84 at lvl 30 too I think

Aguero is 89 at Level 30

http://pesdb.net/pes2019/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

callaway92 wrote: »
    Aguero is 89 at Level 30

http://pesdb.net/pes2019/

Could have sworn mine came out at 84, ill look again this evening and see :)

• Advertisement

Kimbot wrote: »
    Could have sworn mine came out at 84, ill look again this evening and see :)

You probably got him at Level 1 in one of those free spins

Advertisement