Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Any news on Parkhead and Ibrox? My copy is arriving tomorrow and I was looking around to see if the data pack came out yet - can't find anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

Any news on Parkhead and Ibrox? My copy is arriving tomorrow and I was looking around to see if the data pack came out yet - can't find anything.

Official twitter account tweeted this just a few days ago

https://twitter.com/officialpes/status/1051823049622913025

In short, 'in a future update' without any indication of when that might be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Official twitter account tweeted this just a few days ago

https://twitter.com/officialpes/status/1051823049622913025

In short, 'in a future update' without any indication of when that might be.

They advertised the hell out of that, an' all. We're nearly 2 months in and there has been no sight of it. They already stated "a future data pack" before the game came out -- bloody Konami :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

Data pack 2 coming next week with the much needed AI update

https://www.konami.com/games/eu/en/topics/14850/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Chinese League too? That'll screw up a lot of Option Files! Mine included! :pac:

Looks like I'll be reimporting it. Shouldn't take too long anyway this time. I've the all in a folder ready to go should I ever need them again. :):)

I'm looking forward to the Thai League though, that should be fun! :D:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,373 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

After being pretty much terrible online in MyClub since I got the game I've come into a good run of form, how? By going full Mourinho on it. Start the game in the blue defensive mode with my midfielders deep. I've adopted his 04-06 method of having two wide men high and very wide with a big man in the middle. It's working a treat. Also, when opponents see that I'm playing defensive they sometimes up their playing style to the attacking mode which leaves more space for me to exploit. I still need to improve on beating men one-on-one and my one-two play with the front three but it's making me enjoy the game again! Winning four ranking games in a row is an unknown world for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,150 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Nokotan wrote: »
    After being pretty much terrible online in MyClub since I got the game I've come into a good run of form, how? By going full Mourinho on it. Start the game in the blue defensive mode with my midfielders deep. I've adopted his 04-06 method of having two wide men high and very wide with a big man in the middle. It's working a treat. Also, when opponents see that I'm playing defensive they sometimes up their playing style to the attacking mode which leaves more space for me to exploit. I still need to improve on beating men one-on-one and my one-two play with the front three but it's making me enjoy the game again! Winning four ranking games in a row is an unknown world for me.

Great tatic, wont work for all, cause players play different, you'll know your players on the in's and out's after. Dont forget to use those tactile training.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ConnyMcDavid

Can someone tell me does a 'become a legend' career run on into a manager career? Or does it simply end after amount of seasons?

Can someone tell me does a 'become a legend' career run on into a manager career? Or does it simply end after amount of seasons?

That's actually a good question. I don't know the answer my guess is the game allows you to keep playing if you want to and ignores the player age thing. I'd be fairly confident in saying it doesn't suddenly transition to a management mode which effectively would be Master League, but as I say, I don't know from experience what actually happens.

On a completely separate note, with Data File 2.0 on the way this week is this likely to affect my existing Option File? If so, what's the recommended way forward? Do I need an updated Option File? Do I just re-import my existing one over the top of it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

That's actually a good question. I don't know the answer my guess is the game allows you to keep playing if you want to and ignores the player age thing. I'd be fairly confident in saying it doesn't suddenly transition to a management mode which effectively would be Master League, but as I say, I don't know from experience what actually happens.

On a completely separate note, with Data File 2.0 on the way this week is this likely to affect my existing Option File? If so, what's the recommended way forward? Do I need an updated Option File? Do I just re-import my existing one over the top of it?

I don't think become a legend leads on to a manager mode type mode.

Regards the option file, yes it's gonna totally mess up all option files I imagine with the addition of 2 new leagues. I could be wrong though but I imagine it'll be a case of just reimporting the option file

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Colemania wrote: »
    I don't think become a legend leads on to a manager mode type mode.

Regards the option file, yes it's gonna totally mess up all option files I imagine with the addition of 2 new leagues. I could be wrong though but I imagine it'll be a case of just reimporting the option file

I'm probably going to do the same. Delete edit data via the PS menu and then delete all the imported images in-game as, bizarrely, deleting edit data in the PS menu doesn't seem to do this.

Then re-import the option file. :)

Wilberto wrote: »
    and then delete all the imported images in-game as, bizarrely, deleting edit data in the PS menu doesn't seem to do this.

This is exactly what I was wondering about, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭CWF

Are people using Pes Universe for the option files? Should I wait until the new leagues and AI updates are released before I buy the game and Pes Universe option file?

CWF wrote: »
    Are people using Pes Universe for the option files? Should I wait until the new leagues and AI updates are released before I buy the game and Pes Universe option file?

Definitely wait for the AI and league updates given that it's only tomorrow that it's being released. :pac:

Personally, I've used PESWorld and they're perfect! You can also check PES Gaming for more option files, but I reckon PES Worlds is probably better this time. :):)

That said though, I have issues with PES Universe anyway and will never use them, like, ever. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Sooooo the big update has come.

One game with it so far I've noticed no more constant wing play for computer but seems to of slowed them down instead. It's as if there thinking mmmm what do I do now!?

Also the ai goalkeepers have been turned to mush.
    They come off there line way to early and seem to have dropped a level oversll.

This is against Blackburn anyway so I'll see if it's the same against better team.

Definitely wait for the AI and league updates given that it's only tomorrow that it's being released. :pac:

Personally, I've used PESWorld and they're perfect! You can also check PES Gaming for more option files, but I reckon PES Worlds is probably better this time. :):)

That said though, I have issues with PES Universe anyway and will never use them, like, ever. :pac:

Care to elaborate?

Care to elaborate?

I just don't like the way that they effectively charge people for their option files by making them pay for a site registration before being able to download the file. It's straddling a very fine line between normal legal file sharing, and blatant copryright infringement. If PES ever get to a stage where they're challenging FIFA's market share, EA will look at sites like that as they are basically selling licensed images.

With PESWorld and PES Gaming though, the files are completely free. Donations are totally optional and completely separate from any files being downloaded.

Granted, nothing will probably ever happen, but what PES Universe do just makes me uncomfortable. :)

Sooooo the big update has come.

One game with it so far I've noticed no more constant wing play for computer but seems to of slowed them down instead. It's as if there thinking mmmm what do I do now!?

Also the ai goalkeepers have been turned to mush.
    They come off there line way to early and seem to have dropped a level oversll.

This is against Blackburn anyway so I'll see if it's the same against better team.

well that's a pain in the hole

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

well that's a pain in the hole

I played another game right after against City.

Again good bit more attacking threw the middle but the speed seemed to me that it's dropped a bit for the ai anyway.

They where one up but I end up beating them 3 1. The second goal again the keeper came out to quick leaving a big gap behind him.

Curious to see what others think about the update.

It also hasn't messed up any of the latest pes universe edit data but I've heard there might be one or two issues with national teams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

I just don't like the way that they effectively charge people for their option files by making them pay for a site registration before being able to download the file. It's straddling a very fine line between normal legal file sharing, and blatant copryright infringement. If PES ever get to a stage where they're challenging FIFA's market share, EA will look at sites like that as they are basically selling licensed images.

With PESWorld and PES Gaming though, the files are completely free. Donations are totally optional and completely separate from any files being downloaded.

Granted, nothing will probably ever happen, but what PES Universe do just makes me uncomfortable. :)

Spot on here and it is not how things have traditionally been done. The fact those guys seem to have some kind of connection within Konami also makes it slightly weird to be honest, as Konami were traditionally quite against any sites that proliferated mods/edits for the game, so much so that they were essentially blackballed for a long time from preview events etc...

While it is nice to see that this has somewhat changed (given they know they need these guys to even compete on some platforms at all against FIFA) it is very strange that they let these guys monetise it. I just hope they're at least using all of their own work, but I will also never give anyone money for access to an option file.

PES 2019 is now on a double discount sale for PSPlus subscribers on the PS Store.

Standard edition 23.99
    Beckham edition 27.99
    Legend edition 31.99

For those of us with disc copies, Cex will give us 23 euro cash or 27 euro voucher. This effectively means you can upgrade your standard edition physical copy for a digital copy for 1 euro.

I'm thinking of doing exactly that, but has anyone done similar in the past and if so are your existing save games immediately compatible? Also do you get the same features such as the Coutinho MyClub loan a second time or does it register that you've already had it on your account and won't let you use it a second time?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

PES 2019 is now on a double discount sale for PSPlus subscribers on the PS Store.

Standard edition 23.99
    Beckham edition 27.99
    Legend edition 31.99

For those of us with disc copies, Cex will give us 23 euro cash or 27 euro voucher. This effectively means you can upgrade your standard edition physical copy for a digital copy for 1 euro.

I'm thinking of doing exactly that, but has anyone done similar in the past and if so are your existing save games immediately compatible? Also do you get the same features such as the Coutinho MyClub loan a second time or does it register that you've already had it on your account and won't let you use it a second time?

Not sure about the bonus features working again, but from experience your saves do work for the digital copy. Though you do have to delete the data installed from the disc to enable the digital copy to download and install properly. Otherwise it won't work.

Is there much difference between the editions, is I wrong worth paying the extra few quid for them?

Is there much difference between the editions, is I wrong worth paying the extra few quid for them?

Only differences are the MyClub content you get with each edition

Standard
    • David Beckham 2018 - 10 match loan
    • Philippe Coutinho - 10 match loan
    • Premium Agent (3 Players) x 10 weeks
    • 3 Player Contracts x 10 weeks

Beckham
    • David Beckham 2018
    • Philippe Coutinho 10 match loan
    • Premium Agent (3 Players) x 20 weeks
    • 3 Player Contracts x 20 weeks

Legend
    • PES Legend Player
    • David Beckham 2018
    • Philippe Coutinho 10 match loan
    • Premium Agent (3 Players) x 30 weeks
    • 3 Player Contracts x 30 weeks

I guess it depends on how much you are interested in MyClub and whether you want some of the extras over the course of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

At that new price, i might pick it up on the PS4 as well then (currently have it on Xbox this year). I usually buy both anyway, but this year I held off initially. For 20 odd quid it's worth it for the option files and single player/local multiplayer elements. Thanks for the heads up!

Also do you get the same features such as the Coutinho MyClub loan a second time or does it register that you've already had it on your account and won't let you use it a second time?

Just to answer my own question in case anyone was interested in the answer … I bought the digital version last night and I *did* get the bonus items a second time.

It was a straight forward process overall. I had to delete the disc edition install, then download the digital version. When I ran the game for the first time it downloaded the extra content immediately and they were there for me as soon as I logged in to MyClub and it seems like all my game saves are accessible too even though I didn't have time to try and load them yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

When's Parkhead getting added

Carroller wrote: »
    When's Parkhead getting added

I don't believe there's been any further development since we discussed this here

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=108381349&postcount=453

In short, 'in a future update' with no more definite indication than that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

30 euro on Xbox, first pes bought in years, played a bit last night really enjoyed it compared to fifa. The feel of the game or something I just really enjoy it

Advertisement