Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Here's a glitch, everyone probably knows, but I just noticed. All your players marked when you have a throw in a good position? Press the touch pad to change player taking the throw. Players positions are reset giving you a free man

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

Cienciano wrote: »
    Here's a glitch, everyone probably knows, but I just noticed. All your players marked when you have a throw in a good position? Press the touch pad to change player taking the throw. Players positions are reset giving you a free man

That just being a knob :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Nokotan wrote: »

In fairness I think the opposite and cheesing your opponents throw-ins to gain easy possession back is being the knob, and 95% of people do this. It's too easy to pressure the receivers in this game on throw-ins and steal the ball back easily.

I personally live by the rule of if they throw it in laterally or backwards i stand off them and allow it. Unless laterally is straight across into my own box. :P

I agree. But it's an easily exploitable glitch that I'm surprised more people don't use.

Cienciano wrote: »
    I agree. But it's an easily exploitable glitch that I'm surprised more people don't use.

It's one of those things I don't really want to use even though it's to my benefit, such as keeping the ball when there's 20 minutes when I'm 1-0. I know how much it annoys me when others do it to me so I'll not do it myself. Granted, if the clock is on 88' I might try hold on to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Finally picked this up on the PS Plus sale. Any international option files about?

Don't see any on PES World.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

Been meaning to reply to this but couldn't remember where I got mine. Found them now again here

https://pesuniverse9.wixsite.com/pes2019optionfile/downloads

• Registered Users Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

What way does this weekend’s PES League work in myclub? I don’t understand it this year at all

Never mind - found it in the ‘what’s on’ section ha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,149 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Hey lads,

Just going to post this just out of sheer numbers possibility.
    A Co-Op tournament, which could be spread over one or two weekends depending on numbers.

Personally some absolute some of the best matches ive enjoyed have been through this boards group and others hitting co-op. It's a nice breakaway and what ive been playing 90% of the time.

Theres been Red Dead 2 and a few new games out that have taken over PES rush, be nice to get the itch back again.

This wont be a mad heavy week of a competition. A weekend or 2, all depending on numbers.

Hit a reply, pm or thanks if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,613 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Interested. you are correct about other games alright. I got and Pandora console & RDR2 for Xmas and have been chipping away at that, less than 10% completed on RDR2 after probably 10-15 hours gameplay.

I always get back to PES for games though :)

• Advertisement

Interested. you are correct about other games alright. I got and Pandora console & RDR2 for Xmas and have been chipping away at that, less than 10% completed on RDR2 after probably 10-15 hours gameplay.

I always get back to PES for games though :)

Something great about being able to pick up a game, play 3 or 4 games and put it away and not have to get involved in a story. Any time I played red dead I did it for hours. Normally a good thing? I've being putting off getting back into it cos I know if I turn it on at 10pm, I'll be in bed at 2am

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I love this game, I have to say. I had a few games of Fifa 19 and I thought it was dreadful, so I grabbed this and after skinning it, I just think it's the best football game in years. Really fluid and fun.

Anyone else find free kicks fairly easy to score from? I've never been good at them but this year I reckon I score half of them from scoring positions. It's great, there's genuine excitement when I get one, previously it was just some crap pass inside the box and a first time shot.

Anyone else find free kicks fairly easy to score from? I've never been good at them but this year I reckon I score half of them from scoring positions. It's great, there's genuine excitement when I get one, previously it was just some crap pass inside the box and a first time shot.

Yeah, I score a good few. Even from distance it's worth taking a shot at goal. It's the way it should be, some of the older games it was impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

Yep, definitely easier than previous years.

It's good because there's an actual advantage to winning a free-kick in a good position if you've got a good set-piece taker. Years ago, there was no big deal about winning a free-kick just outside the box because not many of us could score them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

i find it harder than last year!! ive only scored one from about 20 attempts

i think you have to put slightly more power in them these days

akelly02 wrote: »
    i find it harder than last year!! ive only scored one from about 20 attempts

i think you have to put slightly more power in them these days

Possibly, yeah. There's always that last tiny tip of the shoot button that I put on a free kick that I initially think has ruined my free kick but has in fact made it perfect. The camera angle for them is interesting too, great satisfaction from scoring them.

yea they are very good

i actually played this on 3 different tvs, a standard , a hd , and a 4k and its like playing 3 different games , unreal

The new Boards League season is starting up again next week lads for anyone interested.
    Just head over to the thread and sign up.
    Lads there will tell you how it works.

Couldnt recommend it enough, all sound over there and always someone up for a vs or co-op game.

AidoEirE wrote: »
    The new Boards League season is starting up again next week lads for anyone interested.
    Just head over to the thread and sign up.
    Lads there will tell you how it works.

Couldnt recommend it enough, all sound over there and always someone up for a vs or co-op game.

What is involved in playing in the league? A quick run down for someone that's never been in one before

• Advertisement

What is involved in playing in the league? A quick run down for someone that's never been in one before

In work at the moment so ill keep it brief

-pick a 4 star team or lower
    -2 games a week to be played
    -either home or away
    -league table standings setup on another page

If you head over to the thread and ask the same question lads over will happily fill you in.

AidoEirE wrote: »
    In work at the moment so ill keep it brief

-pick a 4 star team or lower
    -2 games a week to be played
    -either home or away
    -league table standings setup on another page

If you head over to the thread and ask the same question lads over will happily fill you in.

I've just seen that it's for PS4, I'm XBox unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Sorry if it's been said already, but I bout this ina. Sale at Xmas and am finally gonna through the pain of installing the option file tonight (dreading it).

Is pes universe the best or any recommendations?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

noodler wrote: »
    Sorry if it's been said already, but I bout this ina. Sale at Xmas and am finally gonna through the pain of installing the option file tonight (dreading it).

Is pes universe the best or any recommendations?

I've used PES World here and found them excellent.

I've a bit of a thing against PESUniverse personally so I always avoid using them at all costs.

I'm sure I've mentioned it one or two times in this thread already... :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,320 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Wilberto wrote: »
    I've used PES World here and found them excellent.

I've a bit of a thing against PESUniverse personally so I always avoid using them at all costs.

I'm sure I've mentioned it one or two times in this thread already... :pac: :pac:

Agreed on pesworld. I've used pesuniverse before and while their content is generally good, the monetisation of access to content with copyrighted material is something that's a ticking timebomb.

I'm getting old here lads, pes world is difficult to navigate.

I know there's million different option files but is there a standard one ye used?

(from that site of course)

i know close to nothing about computers, if anyone around the midlands would be willing to to do the whole option file thing for me, id be willing to throw them a few pound

akelly02 wrote: »
    i know close to nothing about computers, if anyone around the midlands would be willing to to do the whole option file thing for me, id be willing to throw them a few pound

It's not too hard. There's youtube videos on it, you can follow them on the video as you're actually doing it. Normally you select all on your memory stick, but when I did mine the day the game was out, it told you to leave 2 teams till the end.

I was thinking of going with one of the classic teams option files just to mix things up a bit.

I'm getting old here lads, pes world is difficult to navigate.

I know there's million different option files but is there a standard one ye used?

(from that site of course)

Anyone?

The download section of the website (ps4) literally has nothing listed for the Premier league.

Am I missing something? Is there not *a* pes world option file?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Anyone?

The download section of the website (ps4) literally has nothing listed for the Premier league.

Am I missing something? Is there not *a* pes world option file?

You can use this one from PES Gaming as well. (Direct link)

It contains the following :

Features of version 0.1 & version 0.1.1
    * 42 competition logos
    * All club emblems
    * Kits for ALL NATIONAL TEAMS in game
    * Kits for English Premier Division, Championship (updated in v0.1.1), Juventus and La Liga
    * Banner, manager photo, stadium settings and shirt-name fix for Kitchee SC (AFC Champions League club)
    * Home ground name of English Premier Division, Championship, Juventus and La Liga teams
    * Manager names of China PR, Japan, Korea DPR and Korea Republic

:)

Advertisement