Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread V - The Friend Zone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭testtech05

Some Like It TOH
    Never thought I would say this for a game we lost 43-17 but we could have easily got 2 points or even won that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

tobdom wrote: »
    **** that, bad night, Ospreys gain a point on us..... Still in our hands

You guys don't want to look at JJ Hanrahan's missed conversion to deny them the lbp.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Mul, it's over
    Akrasia wrote: »
    You guys don't want to look at JJ Hanrahan's missed conversion to deny them the lbp.

You guys don't want to look at any of the 80 straight minutes of Connacht offering Glasgow 5 points on a platter to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

Awful result but not season defining, next week however will be. Hopefully we'll have Carty and Farrell back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

Mul, it's over
    Table still looks decent.
    If Edinburgh do us a favour we are in a great spot.

Delighted that I didn't find a stream and galway bay only gave us snippets of the misery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,797 ✭✭✭b.gud

Someone called to the house at the start of the second half so I wasn't able to watch. Judging by the score it sounds like they did me a favour

• Registered Users Posts: 21 BigRigsOnly

Massive fixture next week against ospreys, hopefully we can work to make that defense tighter, Glasgow really took us apart

• Registered Users Posts: 17,320 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Not too many awful performances this season but that was up there with Ospreys away. Just in a different way.

Some Like It TOH
    Not too many awful performances this season but that was up there with Ospreys away. Just in a different way.

Ospreys Cardiff and tonight are the top 3 for me anyway that I have seen!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Wegians89

The Friend Zone
    testtech05 wrote: »
    Ospreys Cardiff and tonight are the top 3 for me anyway that I have seen!

All away matches vs teams in and around us in the conference
    , I know Glasgow are a bit ahead but a win tonight or first game of the season and I think Glasgow could have been in connachts sights

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kingofthekong

Conor Fitz is not even close to Pro14 standard barely AIL standard, Connacht should look at Conor Dean, Dean has always been a better player than Fitz.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

Mul, it's over
    Conor Fitz is not even close to Pro14 standard barely AIL standard, Connacht should look at Conor Dean, Dean has always been a better player than Fitz.

Bollocks!

He definitely has potential.
    We have had this before with players that have become internationals.
    Wait and see - he will make the grade.

Mul, it's over

He was poor last night but really good in a similar team against Sale. He's all of 21, loads of time to come good.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,140 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Mul, it's over
    Embra win today will benefit Connacht a lot

Connacht should beat Ospreys.

Sean Holley was on TV last night predicting Ospreys might not exist next season. Morale cannot be great there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Never thought I would say this for a game we lost 43-17 but we could have easily got 2 points or even won that!![/QUOTE]

Are you serious re winning? Yes a losing bp possibly with 4 tries but Connacht were never with a hound's gowl of beating Glasgow last night. What kind of green tinted spectacles were you wearing?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

The Friend Zone
    Never thought I would say this for a game we lost 43-17 but we could have easily got 2 points or even won that!![/QUOTE]

Are you serious re winning? Yes a losing bp possibly with 4 tries but Connacht were never with a hound's gowl of beating Glasgow last night. What kind of green tinted spectacles were you wearing?

10 points missed from the tee and the butchered try in the first half is 17 points. Game is then 43-34, add in the few half chances Connacht messed up with poor Lineouts I can see where that's come from TBH

Some Like It TOH

10 points missed from the tee and the butchered try in the first half is 17 points. Game is then 43-34, add in the few half chances Connacht messed up with poor Lineouts I can see where that's come from TBH

This is exactly what I mesnt, I wasn't saying we should have won. 10 points from the tee the try in the first half. Godwin's knock on was very close, could have argued the ball was ripped out for faingaa disallowed one. Ryan Wilson even mentioned it on commentary.
    There were several other good chances where we had a lot of pressure and knocked on or passed into touch on one occasion after a great break by Marmion.

So I really don't think it was beyond the realms of possibility what I said. Although we didn't deserve anything from the game!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Thats incredibly harsh.
    Poor last night but only 21 cant dismiss a 21 year old that easily

The Friend Zone
    Conor fitz has shown far more good than bad this season. He’s only 21 and probably is playing far more senior rugby than he thought he would in the summer when he just moved to Connacht. Don’t get on his back after a bad game

Ffs... Edinburgh go 17-0 up after 50mins.

Cardiff go down and score straight away. Edinburgh miss a chance to claw three straight back and now with 64 gone its 17-12.

And before I even wrote this Cardiff just messed up a line break to go ahead.
    Straight from the restart.

Similar to the Glasgow game but they have plenty of time now to seal the deal.

• Advertisement

Mul, it's over
    Things going poorly in Edinburgh...

... and there it is... 17-19.

Ffs. 19 without reply in about 15mins.

Mul, it's over
    Bad bad result for Connacht.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭connachta

we HAVE to make 4 in a row now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭KBurke85

The Friend Zone
    It’s still the same situation it was before the game. It’s still in our hands. Just take it one game at a time starting with Ospreys next week

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Some Like It TOH
    Bazzo wrote: »
    Bad bad result for Connacht.

I have posted the run-ins here: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=109508577&postcount=1149

It's Connacht vs Cardiff now for third. Cheetahs have too many tough away fixtures coming up and will be out. I expect Connacht to beat Ospreys at home next weekend and that will put them out.

Benetton coming to Connacht is going be an interesting one. They are absolutely flying at the moment.

The Friend Zone
    I have posted the run-ins here: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=109508577&postcount=1149

It's Connacht vs Cardiff now for third. Cheetahs have too many tough away fixtures coming up and will be out. I expect Connacht to beat Ospreys at home next weekend and that will put them out.

Benetton coming to Connacht is going be an interesting one. They are absolutely flying at the moment.

Might be terrible to suggest it but would losing to sale be a better situation? Giving an extra weeks rest before Cardiff game

Crisis IRFU meeting. Schmidt has to release our players now :(

Zebre away will be so so so tricky.
    If we past that Cardiff home is a Final
    If we fail, Munster away will be the upset we'll need

• Advertisement

The Friend Zone
    Probably looking at needing 9 points from Treviso at home and zebre at away, which will be very very hard

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement