Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread V - The Friend Zone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

The Friend Zone
    KBurke85 wrote: »
    #GLAvCON

Kick-off 7:35pm:

(15-9) Tiernan O’Halloran, Stephen Fitzgerald, Kyle Godwin, Tom Daly, Matt Healy, Conor Fitzgerald, Kieran Marmion, (1-8) Denis Buckley, Dave Heffernan, Finlay Bealham, Cillian Gallagher, James Cannon, Eoin McKeon, Colby Fainga’a, Jarrad Butler (Capt).
    Replacements (16-23): Shane Delahunt, Peter McCabe, Conor Carey, Joe Maksymiw, Paul Boyle, Caolin Blade, Peter Robb, Cian Kelleher.

Blade released by Ireland. Not sure who our sub OH will be
    Godwin or Tiernan I'd imagine

Don't get why Leader has been dropped either. On recent form he has been outplaying TOH imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Mr Tickle

freyners wrote: »

Don't get why Leader has been dropped either. On recent form he has been outplaying TOH imo

Agreed. Didn't he play a little bit of 10 before too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

Mul, it's over
    freyners wrote: »

Can only imagine he's injured. Great to see Robb back in matchday squad. Could also be a glimmer for Tom Farrell or Jack to be included in Italy

macslash wrote: »
    Can only imagine he's injured. Great to see Robb back in matchday squad. Could also be a glimmer for Tom Farrell or Jack to be included in Italy

Robb posted an Instagram story today of himself in Sandycove.
    Unless he traveled up to Dublin last night, I wouldn't be surprised if Farrell was suddenly available, and Robb dropped out of the squad altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭tobdom

KBurke85 wrote: »
    #GLAvCON

Kick-off 7:35pm:

(15-9) Tiernan O’Halloran, Stephen Fitzgerald, Kyle Godwin, Tom Daly, Matt Healy, Conor Fitzgerald, Kieran Marmion, (1-8) Denis Buckley, Dave Heffernan, Finlay Bealham, Cillian Gallagher, James Cannon, Eoin McKeon, Colby Fainga’a, Jarrad Butler (Capt).
    Replacements (16-23): Shane Delahunt, Peter McCabe, Conor Carey, Joe Maksymiw, Paul Boyle, Caolin Blade, Peter Robb, Cian Kelleher.

Blade released by Ireland. Not sure who our sub OH will be

You'd imagine Glasgow will very much target our 10/12 channel and I'd also be a little concerned about how our lineout goes.... Still, you'd imagine it should be a fairly close contest.

C'mon Connacht!!

• Advertisement

tobdom wrote: »
    You'd imagine Glasgow will very much target our 10/12 channel and I'd also be a little concerned about how our lineout goes.... Still, you'd imagine it should be a fairly close contest.

C'mon Connacht!!

I learnt a very long time ago, to never expect that when it comes to Connacht matches, particularly during international windows :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

I learnt a very long time ago, to never expect that when it comes to Connacht matches, particularly during international windows :)

Of the 7 games we've lost in Pro14, we've got losing BPs in 6 of them. I would take that tomorrow, especially if Munster can prevent Ospreys getting anything.

Mul, it's over
    Robb posted an Instagram story today of himself in Sandycove.
    Unless he traveled up to Dublin last night, I wouldn't be surprised if Farrell was suddenly available, and Robb dropped out of the squad altogether

A friend from work texted me 10 mins ago to say she was sitting beside a lad in Connacht gear on plane to Glasgow. Turns it out was Marmion because she hadn't a clue! She said there were 3 or 4 others on the plane so not inconceivable Robb made it from Sandycove earlier.

macslash wrote: »
    A friend from work texted me 10 mins ago to say she was sitting beside a lad in Connacht gear on plane to Glasgow. Turns it out was Marmion because she hadn't a clue! She said there were 3 or 4 others on the plane so not inconceivable Robb made it from Sandycove earlier.

Absolutely, I'm only putting 2 + 2 together, but dont have the result yet.
    Just saying that there is a chance (be it small)

Definitely possible that he went to Dublin before the team, and met them at the airport

Mul, it's over
    Absolutely, I'm only putting 2 + 2 together, but dont have the result yet.
    Just saying that there is a chance (be it small)

Definitely possible that he went to Dublin before the team, and met them at the airport

Ya of course! Sorry, I wasn't trying to come across having a go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭EachSmallChime

What's the story with Copeland? I remember him joining the club injured and then playing a game or two and giving away some terrible penalties.

Has he been injured since? If not, that's incredibly disappointing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Wegians89

The Friend Zone
    What's the story with Copeland? I remember him joining the club injured and then playing a game or two and giving away some terrible penalties.

Just can’t coming back from another injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,329 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Been injured a lot but no doubt he's been a disappointment so far. Hopefully can get back fit for an extended spell and show he has something to offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Wegians89

The Friend Zone
    Any word on Horwitz? Is he injured or just dropped? I would love to see him at 12. He looked decent there in super rugby. Fitzgerald 10 Horwitz 12 godwin 13 would be tasty enough when internationals are away.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

Daly made mistakes, but he's physical enough so that I like him. Today 10/12 and 4/5 is where the game will be won or lost. Massive game for those 4 if they want a new contract.

Glasgow back-row is their only impressive part, but so is ours. The rest is even in Connacht favour.
    Bring at least a BP home lads, please, could hugely matter. A win would put us in a rocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,801 ✭✭✭b.gud

Looks like we might be missing Jack for the next few weeks

https://twitter.com/CianTracey1/status/1098928640182624258?s=19

For those unable to access Twitter
    Awaiting official confirmation but I am told that Joey Carbery tweaked his hamstring in training this week and is facing up to three weeks out.

Jack Carty set for his Ireland debut from the bench against Italy.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Former Coach

Mul, it's over
    Anybody in Midlands area know if the match will be available live in the Bounty at Buccaneers RFC??

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Lucas44

Anybody in Midlands area know if the match will be available live in the Bounty at Buccaneers RFC??

Absolutely it will be

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

Aki, Roux and Dillane start with Carty from the bench. They all deserve it especially Jack. After this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

Mul, it's over
    Okay I'll say it as no-one else has.

Fair play to them, but it is a pain in the ass that so many key players are Tom Farrell is in the Irish squad this weekend.

Delighted for the rest of them!

Hon Connacht.

If Marmion had played a full half last week we would have five in a Six Nations matchday 23

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

Okay I'll say it as no-one else has.

Fair play to them, but it is a pain in the ass that so many key players are Tom Farrell is in the Irish squad this weekend.

Delighted for the rest of them!

Hon Connacht.

If Marmion had played a full half last week we would have five in a Six Nations matchday 23

Four on a teamsheet is a new high, isn't it? On a par with South-Africa 3 years ago maybe, not even sure..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Mul, it's over
    Bealham, White, Dillane, Marmion, Henshaw against Italy in 6 nations 2016.

Bazzo wrote: »
    Bealham, White, Dillane, Marmion, Henshaw against Italy in 6 nations 2016.

image.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

b.gud wrote: »
    image.jpg

It's amazing how stacked Henshaw has become since then.

Plus losing the Michael Jackson gloves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

The Friend Zone
    Think this is the most starter's we've had in a long while in a 6 nations XV unless I'm overlooking something obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Former Coach

Mul, it's over
    Lucas44 wrote: »
    Absolutely it will be

You're sure Lucas???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

The Friend Zone
    Delighted for Jack.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 BigRigsOnly

Does anyone know if the match is on tv?

Does anyone know if the match is on tv?

It's live on Premier Sports 2 if you can access it. Otherwise I believe you will have to settle for delayed coverage on Eir Sports

• Advertisement

Mul, it's over
    Too lazy to check. Where is Nathan White now? Is he gone back to NZ??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement