Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric, Hydrogen & Hybrid Electric Buses in Ireland

• 22-02-2019 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭belfast stephen

3 wrightbus bodied Streetdeck HEV's are in build at wrighbus in Northern ireland and are in DB livery but the blue has been changed to green and graphics applyed to the side of the bus and will Carry fleet number WH 1 WH 2 WH 3

HEV is hybrid electric vehicle

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭ITV2

3 wrightbus bodied Streetdeck HEV's are in build at wrighbus in Northern ireland and are in DB livery but the blue has been changed to green and graphics applyed to the side of the bus and will Carry fleet number WH 2 WH 3 WH 4

HEV is hybrid electric vehicle

I heard they are to be called WH1-3 AH1-3 VH1-3 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭belfast stephen

They will use Fleet Number WH 1 to WH 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

What garage is getting them and for what route?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭p_haugh

Stephen15 wrote: »
    What garage is getting them and for what route?

Conyngham Rd. will get them and they'll be going on the 25/a/b I believe

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,358 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I thought they were just going to be mimicking routes, as opposed to going in service?

• Advertisement

I thought they were just going to be mimicking routes, as opposed to going in service?

They were doing that since December, trialling different hybrid and full electric buses in both Dublin and Cork.

Also, here a some photos of WH1 that were posted on a Facebook group. Seems they're the same body as the SG, just with the hybrid chassis underneath.

ITV2 wrote: »
    I heard they are to be called WH1-3 AH1-3 VH1-3 ?

That's correct yeah. There'll be 9 hybrids delivered for trial to Conyngham Rd.

They are:
    - 3 Wrightbus Streetdeck hybrid HEV96 (WH1-3).
    - 3 Volvo B5LH/Wrightbus (VH1-3).
    - 3 Alexander E400 MMC Hybrid (AH1-3).

Again, not my info, was posted on a Facebook group.

I'd say they'll go for whatever is the most similar to the SG so probably the Volvo B5LH option but perhaps the Streetdeck but I'd be very surprised if they go for the Enviro 400H.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Wonder do they have the LED dipped beams like the streetlites

• Advertisement

p_haugh wrote: »
    Also, here a some photos of WH1 that were posted on a Facebook group. Seems they're the same body as the SG, just with the hybrid chassis underneath.

It's looks from those pictures that the bus is going to be entering full service with DB as it's in full DB spec rather than just being a demonstrator like what DB had in the past before they made a large order for new class of buses. So what will happen to the class they don't go with will they be sent back to the manufacturers in DB spec or will they be kept even though they'll only be 3 in the entire fleet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭john boye

It's looks from those pictures that the bus is going to be entering full service with DB as it's in full DB spec rather than just being a demonstrator like what DB had in the past before they made a large order for new class of buses. So what will happen to the class they don't go with will they be sent back to the manufacturers in DB spec or will they be kept even though they'll only be 3 in the entire fleet.

They'll go back to the manufacturer. They're all only on trial.

john boye wrote: »
    They'll go back to the manufacturer. They're all only on trial.

I just thought it looked odd that they were in DB spec

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭john boye

I just thought it looked odd that they were in DB spec

I'm sure they're pulling out all the stops to win the order. They can just be painted again when they move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I have to admit. The new hybrid livery looks brilliant on that bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

A new clearer outdoor shot of the new hybrid bus

wh1-01.jpg

The window on the passenger side looks different than the usual SG side window. Looks odd

• Registered Users Posts: 8,412 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Are all 3 types hybrid?
    Or does anybody do diesel electric buses (preferably with super capacitors for stop start)

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

The window on the passenger side looks different than the usual SG side window. Looks odd

The display is lower down near wheel arch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,811 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

I quite like the green. Clearly recognisable as DB but also as the first green(ish) bus introduced here.

• Advertisement

The display is lower down near wheel arch.

That would also mean the luggage rack would be higher up as it looks on the image. Also looks like there's a cash tray beside the auto fare box which would likely allow the bus to be used with BE or UK operators after the trial period is finished.

That would also mean the luggage rack would be higher up as it looks on the image. Also looks like there's a cash tray beside the auto fare box which would likely allow the bus to be used with BE or UK operators after the trial period is finished.

I would say the reason for the display change is it obstructs drivers view in certain conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,077 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

What are they powered by?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭belfast stephen

the front passanger window is lower on the HEV's due to where the batterys are placed where the parcel shelff is

MAN%20HB.jpg

This arrived in today.

MAN%20HB.jpg

This arrived in today.

Gas

German LHD bus by the looks of things

I believe it is Gas powered.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,077 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I believe it is Gas powered.
    God help all the passengers if that bus ever is involved in a crash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Came here wondering about that bus and here it is, drove past me down by the 3 Arena today.

Advertisement