Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 746 ✭✭✭GinAndBitter

Suckit wrote: »
    If Patrick Hutch planned on leaving the country via Dublin Airport, hope he did so yesterday
    https://twitter.com/DublinAirport/status/1098550185758781440

Although he might go up North first? He could already be in Dubai...

I'd say he's up North, whether he stays there or not is another thing. Mago seems safe enough up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

I think the weapons uses were a variant of the ak47, still heavy duty firepower. It certainly could have been a bloodbath but they couldn't find the targets they were looking for.

From the pictures, looks very like a PA Md.65. Romanian copy most likely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭PingTing comes for Fire

AK 47 and other Assault Rifles can be used in single shot mode or can fire semi automatic or fully automatic(sometimes needs a conversion)

It can also not be fired at all if you screwed up your planning and recon.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,173 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

El_Bee wrote: »
    My knowledge is only from TV shows, Movies & Video games but don't AK-47's have extremely destructive firepower? how was it not a slaughterhouse in there?

because that would require actually hitting what you aim at. Something these gangsters seem incredibly bad at.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Do Gardai lose their state pension if they’re found guilty of a crime?

Are you asking about Det Fox ? if so why ?

If not then no i wouldn't think so. as long as they contribute the required amount over the required period of time

Gardai buy a fairly good pension but its topped up by the state.

as for the state pension well every one gets it regardless of criminal history hutch or Kinahan

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

because that would require actually hitting what you aim at. Something these gangsters seem incredibly bad at.

Well if you want to have a look at Tossy Fox's fb for example you'll see he learned to shoot in Courtlough not a fullbore pistol or rifle range and it's quite hard to learn firearm proficiency when you have no access to a range or have never been in the military.

Shooting from a couple of feet away seems to be the limit of their abilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Calltocall

Anyone else find it odd that the intended target wasn’t there when they stormed the hotel. The main event/weigh in was talking place when they attacked but he had left earlier.......

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

AK 47 and other Assault Rifles can be used in single shot mode or can fire semi automatic or fully automatic(sometimes needs a conversion)

It can also not be fired at all if you screwed up your planning and recon.

I had the idea that the two guys stormed in and started spraying the place indiscriminately with AK fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Calltocall

Calltocall wrote: »
    Anyone else find it odd that the intended target wasn’t there when they stormed the hotel. The main event/weigh in was talking place when they attacked but he had left earlier.......

As in could target of got wind that something was coming, is it definite that he did in fact leave beforehand or did he escape during the panic?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,914 ✭✭✭✭GBX

There's video attached to this article I Haven't seen before, it's shows byrne being gunned down.

I think the weapons uses were a variant of the ak47, still heavy duty firepower. It certainly could have been a bloodbath but they couldn't find the targets they were looking for.

Byrne was unlucky he ran straight into them.

I can only assume they hoped Daniel Kinahan would also have ran towards the main entrance. If he had of he would be dead now too.

https://www.thesun.ie/news/3778835/hutch-kinahan-feud-david-byrne-regency/
    Which link has the cctv the sun or mirror one?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 746 ✭✭✭GinAndBitter

GBX wrote: »
    Which link has the cctv the sun or mirror one?

The Sun, should be in the link I posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Calltocall wrote: »
    As in could target of got wind that something was coming, is it definite that he did in fact leave beforehand or did he escape during the panic?

I heard he didn't actually "leave" beforehand, he just left the function room the event was happening in and thus was able to escape when the shooting started. Could have been that he went to the jacks, to take a phone call or have a smoke - either way he wasn't in the room. If this was the case, he could have escaped through a different part of the hotel or just into the hotel proper.

Always assumed it was more just incredibly bad luck and bad timing for the hit squad as opposed to a full-on escape for Kinahan. The way the story has been told in various newspaper articles, a few minutes earlier and he'd have been in the room.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Do Gardai lose their state pension if they’re found guilty of a crime?

No. Why would they ? They've paid for it, probably over 25 /30 years or more.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Where might the hit team have got their hands on the ARU gear?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 14,477 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Nothing to do with the ASU, it's just tactical clothing, it was the press that linked it to the Gardai, 'ERU style' load of bollocks.

You'd buy similar in any airsoft shop or online and slap an embroidered GARDA patch on it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Independent are reporting that it was Patsy that picked him up on the motorbike at court.
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/prime-target-for-kinahan-mob-flees-with-his-father-to-the-north-37837804.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,139 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Independent are reporting that it was Patsy that picked him up on the motorbike at court.
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/prime-target-for-kinahan-mob-flees-with-his-father-to-the-north-37837804.html

The Independent may well be reporting it but that means f**k all in terms of accuracy.
    How do they know who was driving the bike? Truth is they don't know but go on with this sort of reporting all the time and get away with it and are never held to account.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

The Independent may well be reporting it but that means f**k all in terms of accuracy.
    How do they know who was driving the bike? Truth is they don't know but go on with this sort of reporting all the time and get away with it and are never held to account.

Is Patsy normally a biker?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

I thought Patsy was in complete lockdown tbh, last week I actually misremembered him as one of the deceased. He went into hiding last year after a bunch of "Patsy dies = feud ends" slogans were spray painted in various locations around his neighbourhood. Perhaps Patrick is going to hide in the same location that Patsy is hiding in?

I have to wonder what kind of terms The Monk's family are on with him at the moment - it's not a stretch to speculate that he could regarded as responsible, through the botched Regency hit, for all the bloodshed which has been visited on his family since (even if it started with Gary Hutch's murder). Wonder if they hold that against him, I can imagine it could be a very bitter situation all around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Dante7 wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me how Nigerians and other non-EU nationals are living here? I'm all for taking in qualified nurses from the Philippines, but how are unskilled migrants coming in?
    Ireland is easy, that's why,

Ireland has a feckless attitude.

Nigerians keep coming.

It doesn't matter that there are no direct flights from Nigeria to Ireland, THANKFULLY, they just keep coming.

Why wouldn't you leave a fooked up country in the 3rd World and fetch up in a 1st World country.

Why should it matter if the country you want to go to will have to pay for your new life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

cos given the extreme lockdown by the gardai in the area , a fella on a bike with helmet would have been vetted and permitted to be sitting at the side door of the court.
    the gardai knew who it was and told the indo - the same indo who's boy Paul Williams is essentially the gardai PR man.
    a cosy cartel so to speak...

thats' how.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Jizique

Any Chinese fabric shop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Jizique

Not sure where the idea that cops pay for their pension through contributions comes from; they come nowhere near it, but whatever.
    The taxpayer pays for it - they make a token contribution

• Registered Users Posts: 5,923 ✭✭✭leakyboots

imme wrote: »

Nigerians keep coming.

It doesn't matter that there are no direct flights from Nigeria to Ireland, THANKFULLY, they just keep coming.

Why wouldn't you leave a fooked up country in the 3rd World and fetch up in a 1st World country.

Why should it matter if the country you want to go to will have to pay for your new life.

https://www.cso.ie/en/media/csoie/releasespublications/documents/population/2017/Chapter_5_Diversity.pdf

Sorry but you're talking complete bull.

If you actually read the CSO statistics the numbers of Nigerians that 'keep coming' here is actually dropping steadily for this decade. It's Romanians, Brazilians and Spanish that 'keep coming' here.

Nigerians don't even make it into the Top 10 nationalities resident here numbers-wise anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

Nigerians keep coming.

In fairness I think Dante is asking a fair question. How do people from outside the EU come and live here? I have often wondered the same.

And I don't need a smart arse answer, I'm looking for a serious one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

Jizique wrote: »
    Not sure where the idea that cops pay for their pension through contributions comes from; they come nowhere near it, but whatever.
    The taxpayer pays for it - they make a token contribution

pensions are protected under the constitution under property rights (and rightly so) . You'd need a referendum to change this.

on a tangent
    I find it bizarre people champion the state/courts to have the power to strip somebody's pension...not realising it could be used to strip you of yours.
    insanity

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

How are you so sure they don't know?

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

I thought Patsy was in complete lockdown tbh, last week I actually misremembered him as one of the deceased. He went into hiding last year after a bunch of "Patsy dies = feud ends" slogans were spray painted in various locations around his neighbourhood. Perhaps Patrick is going to hide in the same location that Patsy is hiding in?

I have to wonder what kind of terms The Monk's family are on with him at the moment - it's not a stretch to speculate that he could regarded as responsible, through the botched Regency hit, for all the bloodshed which has been visited on his family since (even if it started with Gary Hutch's murder). Wonder if they hold that against him, I can imagine it could be a very bitter situation all around.

He lives in his house

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Nigerians keep coming.

Sometime soon, it will be just too late.
    It won't matter for the likes of Zappone, who will be back in the States, and Leo and Coveney will be living and working in Brussels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Kivaro wrote: »
    Sometime soon, it will be just too late.
    It won't matter for the likes of Zappone, who will be back in the States, and Leo and Coveney will be living and working in Brussels.

Eh, have you been to Brussels recently??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement