Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

Kivaro wrote: »
    Sometime soon, it will be just too late.

already is :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Deleted - wrong thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Eh, have you been to Brussels recently??

I doubt Leo and Simon will be living in Moulenbeek.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

Billy86 wrote: »
    If we bump this thread a year from today to prove otherwise, will any of the posters claiming our government will now rush to take her in admit they were wrong?

The UK are right to try and keep her out, but claims that ireland will rush to accept her is little more than a fantasy. And I say fantasy because I get the impression some do actually want that to happen so they can feed their own conspiracy theories more.

What??? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Think you may have wondered into the wrong thread love.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

I havent been in Balbriggan in years? Has it gone downhill rapidly with widespread crime etc??

Used to be a lovely spot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

leakyboots wrote: »
    https://www.cso.ie/en/media/csoie/releasespublications/documents/population/2017/Chapter_5_Diversity.pdf

Sorry but you're talking complete bull.

If you actually read the CSO statistics the numbers of Nigerians that 'keep coming' here is actually dropping steadily for this decade. It's Romanians, Brazilians and Spanish that 'keep coming' here.

Nigerians don't even make it into the Top 10 nationalities resident here numbers-wise anymore!

Spain and Romania are EU memberstates.
    Nigeria is not an EU memberstate.
    We have no connection with Nigeria whatsover, no shared history or culture, you could say we are miles apart, oh wait, yes we are, thousands and thousands of miles apart.

Brazil for some unexplainable reason is included in the unexplainable English language scam that we do in Ireland.

Poor people come, pay to 'attend' English language schools and get to live here forever effectively.

Why so?
    Again because Ireland is feckless.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,304 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I'm well aware of that. The train from Balbriggan joins up with the dart line.

So they're commuting to cause trouble?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 746 ✭✭✭GinAndBitter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

imme wrote: »
    Spain and Romania are EU memberstates.
    Nigeria is not an EU memberstate.
    We have no connection with Nigeria whatsover, no shared history or culture, you could say we are miles apart, oh wait, yes we are, thousands and thousands of miles apart.

Brazil for some unexplainable reason is included in the unexplainable English language scam that we do in Ireland.

Poor people come, pay to 'attend' English language schools and get to live here forever effectively.

Why so?

Again because Ireland is feckless.

I'll give you a hint: many times it involves pram-pushing after being here a number of months. Lots and lots of Brazilian pram-pushers in my locality in the last year or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Jizique wrote: »
    Not sure where the idea that cops pay for their pension through contributions comes from; they come nowhere near it, but whatever.
    The taxpayer pays for it - they make a token contribution

Well if it's anything like mine (PS also) my 'token contribution' was €331.12 in my last fortnightly docket.
    Technically you are correct though as despite being labelled 'Pension' it's going into the general tax pot and goes towards the current pensioners and not my own.

I still don't see why you'd think that a Gardas pension could be stopped though when all of the subjects of this topic, including the Monk and Jaws Byrne etc., are entitled to an old age pension on top of a lifetime of welfare payments despite never paying a penny tax in their lives.

Gone OT now so I'll leave it at that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭spider baby 172

Is Patsy normally a biker?

Yeah he always had a bike I think, don't suppose he gets much use out of it now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭spider baby 172

I thought Patsy was in complete lockdown tbh, last week I actually misremembered him as one of the deceased. He went into hiding last year after a bunch of "Patsy dies = feud ends" slogans were spray painted in various locations around his neighbourhood. Perhaps Patrick is going to hide in the same location that Patsy is hiding in?

I have to wonder what kind of terms The Monk's family are on with him at the moment - it's not a stretch to speculate that he could regarded as responsible, through the botched Regency hit, for all the bloodshed which has been visited on his family since (even if it started with Gary Hutch's murder). Wonder if they hold that against him, I can imagine it could be a very bitter situation all around.

Some accounts on twitter claim he is in a pub in North Inner city at times, how true it is I don't know.

Do you mean the family might blame the Monk? I would have thought Patsy might be the one they held responsible. It all started with them, and certainly the narrative out there is that the Monk only stepped in when they asked him to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

BBFAN wrote: »
    What??? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Think you may have wondered into the wrong thread love.

Tabs and phones are a bad mix. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭jim-mcdee

Blanco100 wrote: »
    I havent been in Balbriggan in years? Has it gone downhill rapidly with widespread crime etc??

Used to be a lovely spot
    Yeah it's gone downhill rapidly with widespread crime. It used to be a lovely spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,304 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

At this stage we need to review who Ireland has admitted into the country.

As I’ve previously said please think carefully about your vote in the next election

Fg ff sf lab greens ppl before profit etc have no intention whatsoever of changing the current situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Some accounts on twitter claim he is in a pub in North Inner city at times, how true it is I don't know.

Do you mean the family might blame the Monk? I would have thought Patsy might be the one they held responsible. It all started with them, and certainly the narrative out there is that the Monk only stepped in when they asked him to.

What’s the best twitter accounts to follow giving info like this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

Chesty08 wrote: »
    What’s the best twitter accounts to follow giving info like this

Bibi baskin

I'd say the monk reluctantly helped out. Patsy defo the driving force behind it. Gary was his son after all.

Gerry probably would of just left it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

I'd say the monk reluctantly helped out. Patsy defo the driving force behind it. Gary was his son after all.

You know they tried to kill Gerry in Lanzarote?

I don't think he had any other option tbh.

At this stage we need to review who Ireland has admitted into the country.

As I’ve previously said please think carefully about your vote in the next election

Fg ff sf lab greens ppl before profit etc have no intention whatsoever of changing the current situation.

Where is the alternative though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Jeff2

The Byrne family have some security.
    Did you see all those armed garda that came out front of the court.

Padraig O Reilly took photos of Hutch leaving and no garda in sight.

pablo128 wrote: »
    You know they tried to kill Gerry in Lanzarote?

I don't think he had any other option tbh.

Ah I know that, I'm just saying there was always going to be consequences, even if they got Daniel I still think we would have had as much bloodshed as we've had If not more.

The likes of Eddie Hutch had no hope of living through this no matter what happend. He was the softest of targets.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,439 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

He’s dead a year.
    Inquests are usually deferred until after any investigations are complete and cases are finished, so it could be a while - but it will come eventually, presumably with some more details.
    Calltocall wrote: »
    As in could target of got wind that something was coming, is it definite that he did in fact leave beforehand or did he escape during the panic?
    One of the radio reports today said that he escaped out a back door.

Jizique wrote: »
    Not sure where the idea that cops pay for their pension through contributions comes from; they come nowhere near it, but whatever.
    The taxpayer pays for it - they make a token contribution
    Garda contract includes a salary and a particular pension. That's the contract they sign and that's what they get. They're not in control of contributions, as those who found themselves paying the extra PRD after the recession know only too well. They've also no control over the fact that their deductions are going into current expenditure rather than being invested to provide their pension.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Wasn't Gerry reluctant to act quickly when he did decide to get involved. I can't remember the deatils, but I remember hearing rumours that he didn't want the Regency to go ahead without more planning and the younger lads wanted it yesterday. He was adamant that they needed to be calm and take their time and plan something better.

Things may have been a whole lot different, not that that makes any difference at all at this stage.

Jeff2 wrote: »

I seen a load of them coming out looked like public order unit, no doubt there was armed cops aswell.

That photographer seems to get a round a lot I've seen him post pics of cab raids and all he must be getting tipped off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Nonsense. The Hutches have the most protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Dante7 wrote: »
    Nonsense. The Hutches have the most protection.

At the court house.?

At the court house.?

What? The court was surrounded by police in a huge operation. Patsy on his bike was managed and led in and out. He could have gone back to Champions Ave or anywhere else and he was grand. Up the north with Mago most likely and then off to Turkey or Czech.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Is this what they hope to pass off as the reason for Detective Fox's untimely death?

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/lead-regency-investigator-colm-fox-15869159

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement

Is this what they hope to pass off as the reason for Detective Fox's untimely death?

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/lead-regency-investigator-colm-fox-15869159

Yeah. That's the official line that is being put out now. The crime corrs whose livelihood relies on Garda leaks have also started pushing this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement