Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Ticket Information Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Duffryman wrote: »
    For anybody following my story about the ‘phantom’ seat at the match on Saturday, I just got this reply a guy in the IRFU:

I have been down to the stadium to check this today and the seats are all there. I walked along Row M from Block 128 to 132 and it matches the seats sold for the game. Block 130 starts at Seat 10 so you may have ended up there. The blocks in that corner are quite close together which may have been what caused the confusion for the stewards.

He seems to be suggesting we mistakenly ended up in Block 130 rather than Block 131. If so, there were actually three stewards on the day who didn’t realise the mistake either – the one who showed my wife to the seat in the first place while I took a detour for a ‘pit stop’ downstairs, and then the two I ended up speaking to myself.

And if we were indeed wrongly in Block 130, Seat 10 (and whatever Block/Seat number for the one beside it, that I ended up in) – still wondering how come nobody else came along with the real tickets for the seats we took?

Still strange.

In that part of the ground it gets messy. I had issues myself. The seats in that section tend to get trashed by the younger generation so they might have been put back wrong after the Leinster game in December.

I would email the Aviva Stadium also...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Duffryman

prinzeugen wrote: »
    In that part of the ground it gets messy. I had issues myself. The seats in that section tend to get trashed by the younger generation so they might have been put back wrong after the Leinster game in December.

I would email the Aviva Stadium also...

Yeah, the more I think about it, the less I'm convinced by his reply. We were in the ground a good half hour before the game, when most seats were still unoccupied, and I checked the neighbouring blocks in both directions without seeing a Seat 9 anywhere in that row.

Have since discovered that as I've two insurance policies with Aviva (car and home), I'm entitled to a free stadium tour for two people. Actually thinking of heading up there some weekend soon when I've nothing else on (and they've nothing else on either!), to see if I can have a look myself.

Yeah, the more I think about it, the less I'm convinced by his reply. We were in the ground a good half hour before the game, when most seats were still unoccupied, and I checked the neighbouring blocks in both directions without seeing a Seat 9 anywhere in that row.

Have since discovered that as I've two insurance policies with Aviva (car and home), I'm entitled to a free stadium tour for two people. Actually thinking of heading up there some weekend soon when I've nothing else on (and they've nothing else on either!), to see if I can have a look myself.

If you look at the TicketMaster site for the Ireland v Georgia match on a desktop, the seat numbers are visible when you hover the mouse over them. Block 131 is not visible but 130 is and row M is a mess!

I work in the stadium however won't be back until the France match but I am going to have a squizz myself!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Duffryman

Have just had a look as you suggested, and yeah, to say it's a mess is an understatement.

Only thing I will say is that from looking at the map, it does appear we may have ended up in 130 rather than 131, where our tickets were actually for. But I repeat that a steward actually showed my wife up to the seat in the first place, then I just went over to sit beside her when I made my way up a few minutes later. If we were in the wrong block, it didn't occur to that steward or either of the other two that I spoke to.

And also, if we were indeed in the wrong place, I still wonder why nobody turned up with the correct tickets for those seats.

Let us know how you get on when you have a look yourself. And as I say, I might try take that opportunity to have a look myself sometime soon too.

Have just had a look as you suggested, and yeah, to say it's a mess is an understatement.

Only thing I will say is that from looking at the map, it does appear we may have ended up in 130 rather than 131, where our tickets were actually for. But I repeat that a steward actually showed my wife up to the seat in the first place, then I just went over to sit beside her when I made my way up a few minutes later. If we were in the wrong block, it didn't occur to that steward or either of the other two that I spoke to.

And also, if we were indeed in the wrong place, I still wonder why nobody turned up with the correct tickets for those seats.

Let us know how you get on when you have a look yourself. And as I say, I might try take that opportunity to have a look myself sometime soon too.

Email a complaint to the Aviva stadium if you have not done so already. Give as much info as you can (don't include anything I posted here). I need to watch what I post here but it looks like an issue we have come across before. Its something that can be fixed.

Regardless of how/where you buy your ticket, TM prints and distributes them. They make our job interesting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Joaquin223

Lads, sorry if I'm a bit behind the curve and this question has been answered elsewhere, but due to a bit of a payment mix-up I missed out tickets for the Samoa game in Japan (have tickets for other games but would like that one). Is my only option now something like Viagogo? Or failing that, arriving in Fukuoka on the day and just asking around if one is going...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

Joaquin223 wrote: »
    Lads, sorry if I'm a bit behind the curve and this question has been answered elsewhere, but due to a bit of a payment mix-up I missed out tickets for the Samoa game in Japan (have tickets for other games but would like that one). Is my only option now something like Viagogo? Or failing that, arriving in Fukuoka on the day and just asking around if one is going...

There will be more tickets released. There's a dedicated RWC thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Joaquin223

troyzer wrote: »
    There will be more tickets released. There's a dedicated RWC thread.

Ah, I see that now. Cheers

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Has anyone had any luck picking up tickets for French game on ticketmaster? I've been keeping an eye but nothing showing. Reckon a few returns should come in with how France are playing.

pc7 wrote: »
    Has anyone had any luck picking up tickets for French game on ticketmaster? I've been keeping an eye but nothing showing. Reckon a few returns should come in with how France are playing.

I got one a couple of weeks ago. Haven't seen anything since.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I got one a couple of weeks ago. Haven't seen anything since.

I'll keep an eye so, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,689 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

pc7 wrote: »

Havent been looking but was thinking of picking one up if it comes up. Not sure I'd be that keen on paying another 120e though..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭mossy464

There was some activity on the Ticketmaster page for the France game today from around 1pm. The Find Tickets option became active but there were none available when searching.

Not sure if any actually became available or not.

Did anyone manage to grab any tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ciaran46

mossy464 wrote: »
    There was some activity on the Ticketmaster page for the France game today from around 1pm. The Find Tickets option became active but there were none available when searching.

I noticed that as well, but did not see any tickets available. Page now back to non-active state.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

mossy464 wrote: »

Testing the page for a bigger drop most likely. Were those england spares released 2 days before does anyone remember?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Testing the page for a bigger drop most likely. Were those england spares released 2 days before does anyone remember?

Some the week before and a lot (relatively speaking) on the morning of.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,260 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Tickets for the RWC warm up games in the Aviva coming soon, apparently clubs are getting a pre sale - assume there will be a public sale afterwards.

Italy and Wales - don't know the dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Tickets for the RWC warm up games in the Aviva coming soon, apparently clubs are getting a pre sale - assume there will be a public sale afterwards.

Italy is Augst 10th and Wales September 7th with 2 away games against England and Wales in between.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,689 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Yeah saw some IRFU tag yoke giving away tickets for captains who register teams so must be coming soon alright!

Any indication of price or if there will be much availability outside the clubs?

• Advertisement

Any indication of price or if there will be much availability outside the clubs?

Premiums 75 for Italy and 95 for Wales (that's the top price).

Dont think provinces are getting allocations for season ticket holders so outside of clubs its fastest finger on TM.

Can't imagine it will be hard to get tickets- day trippers and event junkies won't be attracted to a friendly game.

Doing the England away trip for about €150 flights, rail tickets and match ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Eod100 wrote: »
    Yeah saw some IRFU tag yoke giving away tickets for captains who register teams so must be coming soon alright!
    The IRFU tag leagues and wouldnt necessarily say that means theyll be coming soon enough

Premiums 75 for Italy and 95 for Wales (that's the top price).

Dont think provinces are getting allocations for season ticket holders so outside of clubs its fastest finger on TM.

Can't imagine it will be hard to get tickets- day trippers and event junkies won't be attracted to a friendly game.

Doing the England away trip for about €150 flights, rail tickets and match ticket.

So you'd imagine Cat 1 will be in the €55/€60 range. Not bad.

Cheers for the info.

I was trying when I seen it but nothing came up, I rang TM and said nothing at all.

Cheers for the info.

€60 Italy
    €80 Wales

Cheers for the info.

€60 Italy
    €80 Wales

Hmm, I'll probably go for both anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭PMC83

I went to both the wc warm matches in 2015, definitely a notch down in intensity and atmosphere (plenty of empty seats).

I think 70/80 lids is way to much for these matches, apparently WRU were selling 20 quid tickets at the time to pack out the millennium, a shame IRFU wont do the same.

I will defo go regardless, a game on a summers day is great

• Registered Users Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

PMC83 wrote: »
    I went to both the wc warm matches in 2015, definitely a notch down in intensity and atmosphere (plenty of empty seats).

I think 70/80 lids is way to much for these matches, apparently WRU were selling 20 quid tickets at the time to pack out the millennium, a shame IRFU wont do the same.

I will defo go regardless, a game on a summers day is great

Notch down in intensity is no harm. Tuilagi effectively ended David Wallace's career when we played England in a pre rwc game in 2011!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭PMC83

Caranica wrote: »
    Notch down in intensity is no harm. Tuilagi effectively ended David Wallace's career when we played England in a pre rwc game in 2011!

I tend to agree. Its an interesting mix though, those playing who are probably on the plane tend to be pulled back, those trying to play their way on sticking in the hits.

• Advertisement

Caranica wrote: »

Think I was at that one, was it pissing rain?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement