Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Ticket Information Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Working fine on Internet explorer for me, was able to buy tickets there. Only platinum and gold available though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Thankfully got two, used incognito. Weren't showing up when I was logged into my account the first time for some reason. Anyway, thanks a million for the headsup lads!

Looking forward to it now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Only one gold ticket left when i tried.....Going with the wife so no good to me....gone from my basket now!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Duffryman

For anybody following my story about the ‘phantom’ seat at the match on Saturday, I just got this reply a guy in the IRFU:

I have been down to the stadium to check this today and the seats are all there. I walked along Row M from Block 128 to 132 and it matches the seats sold for the game. Block 130 starts at Seat 10 so you may have ended up there. The blocks in that corner are quite close together which may have been what caused the confusion for the stewards.

He seems to be suggesting we mistakenly ended up in Block 130 rather than Block 131. If so, there were actually three stewards on the day who didn’t realise the mistake either – the one who showed my wife to the seat in the first place while I took a detour for a ‘pit stop’ downstairs, and then the two I ended up speaking to myself.

And if we were indeed wrongly in Block 130, Seat 10 (and whatever Block/Seat number for the one beside it, that I ended up in) – still wondering how come nobody else came along with the real tickets for the seats we took?

Still strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭trevezel

a few tickets tickets available in block S6 for scotland game right now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,553 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Interesting article this on the scale of touting for Six Nations tickets
    https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/feb/05/thousands-of-six-nations-tickets-touted-on-viagogo-investigation-reveals?CMP=share_btn_tw

A recent law came in there last month that means sites like Viagogo and Stubhub have to display if a ticket is being sold by a trader/tout.
    https://www.theguardian.com/money/20...sellers-resale

On the Viagogo.co.uk site this information is now displayed and it seems to be the same few companies selling the bulk of the tickets.
    It would be very easy for the IRFU to trace these sources now and eliminate them ....if they so wished .
    Its pretty obvious where the bulk of these tickets are coming from .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

Interesting article this on the scale of touting for Six Nations tickets
    https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/feb/05/thousands-of-six-nations-tickets-touted-on-viagogo-investigation-reveals?CMP=share_btn_tw

A recent law came in there last month that means sites like Viagogo and Stubhub have to display if a ticket is being sold by a trader/tout.

On the Viagogo.co.uk site this information is now displayed and it seems to be the same few companies selling the bulk of the tickets.
    It would be very easy for the IRFU to trace these sources now and eliminate them ....if they so wished .
    Its pretty obvious where the bulk of these tickets are coming from .

The WRU are officially partnered with Seatwave.

troyzer wrote: »

Seatwave closed in November ..

Seatwave closed in November ..

https://www.seatwave.com/wales-rugby-tickets/season

Interesting ,I didnt realise that they were still open in that capacity.
    I dont see how that is really relevant to the article I linked though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

A trader/tout being someone who sells 100 or more tickets a year. Yeh.

That seems pretty reasonable. Anyone reselling fewer than that is a bona fide fan who just ended up with a few spare tickets. We have all been there - bought 80 or 90 tickets in one year and had to sell them on due to unforseen events making it impossible to attend.

Yeh. They sure came down tough on Viagogo with that law and are on the side of the genuine fan.

Interesting ,I didnt realise that they were still open in that capacity.
    I dont see how that is really relevant to the article I linked though.

It's just showing how little at least one of the unions give a rats about this. They are openly facilitating touting. A ticket in the same section I bought is going for over four times what I paid at face value. All on the WRU website. It's madness

Yes ,completely agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,655 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

It's just showing how little at least one of the unions give a rats about this. They are openly facilitating touting. A ticket in the same section I bought is going for over four times what I paid at face value. All on the WRU website. It's madness

Regardless of commercial motivations that's just wrong. Wouldn't want IRFU have any association with those cowboys tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Booked accommodating for this match last April, couldn't get tickets through friends who play rugby in Scotland like other years so resigned myself to cancelling accommodation, it was non refundable....said we'd go anyway and last night wife got an email saying she'd won tickets from a comp we entered yesterday by Scottish rugby union :-D No use to anybody here but a good new story :-p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,032 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Booked accommodating for this match last April, couldn't get tickets through friends who play rugby in Scotland like other years so resigned myself to cancelling accommodation, it was non refundable....said we'd go anyway and last night wife got an email saying she'd won tickets from a comp we entered yesterday by Scottish rugby union :-D No use to anybody here but a good new story :-p

Congratulations!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Great news!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Fantastic stuff.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Going by posts seems to be a good Boards contingency going over, we should try have beers!

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Cateym

Any one else worried about the wind warning for Fri into Sat 🙈 in terms of planes taking off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

Cateym wrote: »
    Any one else worried about the wind warning for Fri into Sat �� in terms of planes taking off.

I didn't want to go off-topic, but yes a little worried. Without getting too technical, the intensity of the winds won't be confirmed until closer the time. I'm flying Friday afternoon - in the middle of the forecasted strong winds! Hopefully I get to use my tickets (trying to stay on topic!).

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Cateym

If our flight out of Cork is cancelled til Sat we won't make it. We're driving up from London.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 RandyMarsh1

Hi All, have flights over on the Saturday but we couldn't get tickets (tried everything and to no avail!).

Does anyone have any tickets to spare? Would be interested in anything from 2-4 tickets - a long shot I know!

Hi All, have flights over on the Saturday but we couldn't get tickets (tried everything and to no avail!).

Does anyone have any tickets to spare? Would be interested in anything from 2-4 tickets - a long shot I know!

Keep checking the SRU website. They seem to release small batches of tickets, probably returns from clubs or sponsors, once or twice a day. If you keep checking you may eventually get lucky and hit it at the right time.

Failing that there's always a reasonable chance to pick up tickets around the stadium on match day. Bars around Haymarket and Corstorphine Road are a good bet.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I would advise "following" this thread, people are really great at posting when tickets are available on the SRU website. It's how I luckily got some

• Registered Users Posts: 29 shaundolier

Scotland tickets up on Scottish website again.

Quite a few tickets, including a few pairs of bronze tickets now available.

Quite a few tickets, including a few pairs of bronze tickets now available.

Just looked there and could only see the 1. Not going myself but have friends going over needing a ticket . Will have a look again sure

It seems to keep changing as they upload tickets and they are quickly bought. Just your luck when you check I think.

• Advertisement

It seems to keep changing as they upload tickets and they are quickly bought. Just your luck when you check I think.

Yeah checked again and 2 more blocks on map but when you go in, only the single seat available in both

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement