Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭lc180

Hall & Oates

Iveagh Gardens Dublin on 5th July
    Live at the Marquee Cork on 8th July.

Tickets go on sale Thursday 7th March at 9am

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭corm500

lc180 wrote: »
    Hall & Oates

Strange to have it on the same date as the Forever Young Festival, surely its aimed at the same audience?

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

The Nal wrote: »
    Completely splitting the audience. They both started around the same time so theres a huge crossover fanbase there.

If they were following nights it would have been better. I'm going to Same for Metallica and will go to The Cure abroad now.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭hankless

Hmmm...Hall and Oates at the Olympia was an incredible night. Hall and Oates at the 3Arena was very disappointing. Iveagh Gardens has to be better than the 3Arena but wouldn't be as good, or intimate as the Olympia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Mike Oxlong

lc180 wrote: »
    Hall & Oates

Oh no, I can't go for that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Oh no, I can't go for that

No can do!

Just got my tix for Better Oblivion Community Centre (Bridgers/Oberst) in May!
    This will sell well I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yep just got mine too, looking forward to it. No balcony available but I dunno if that's a glitch or sold

Edit: looks like it has sold out now!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Mumford & Sons add extra date for Malahide - 15th June

Hope in humanity lowered

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭lc180

From Twitter:

The Ryan Adams UK & Ireland tour has been cancelled.

Full refunds to ticket purchasers from authorised outlets will be processed by end of day on Monday.

Please allow time for the repayment transaction to hit your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

maximoose wrote: »
    Mumford & Sons add extra date for Malahide - 15th June

Hope in humanity lowered

Insane how popular they are over here still. Don’t get it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

Ive just seen that they have added another date to Mumford and Sons for Malahide. Does anyone know if there is a limit to the amount of gigs that they can actually have there cause Lana Del Rey , Ezra , The cure , Noel Gallagher and two Mumford dates are on there in the summer and im under the impression that Eddie Vedder is to be announced there at some stage in July/August or is the allocation up now for gigs there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Zardoz

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Insane how popular they are over here still. Don’t get it

You could say that for alot of acts nowadays though ,horses for courses.

One man's meat is another man's poison.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

maximoose wrote: »
    Yep just got mine too, looking forward to it. No balcony available but I dunno if that's a glitch or sold

Edit: looks like it has sold out now!

Wow, I knew it would do well but that's quick. All the Ryan Adams fans spending their refunds?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Amon Amarth and Behemoth playing King johns Castle in Limerick on June 17th

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Duffy98 wrote: »
    Ive just seen that they have added another date to Mumford and Sons for Malahide. Does anyone know if there is a limit to the amount of gigs that they can actually have there cause Lana Del Rey , Ezra , The cure , Noel Gallagher and two Mumford dates are on there in the summer and im under the impression that Eddie Vedder is to be announced there at some stage in July/August or is the allocation up now for gigs there

Snow Patrol are playing there in June too

I take it they are using this as an alternative to Marley Park gigs this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭laros

Black Star Riders are playing the Academy in Dublin... 18th October 2019

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

dragonfly! wrote: »

I take it they are using this as an alternative to Marley Park gigs this year?

Longitude is still scheduled for Marley Park but it looks like everything else has been moved elsewhere - Malahide and St Anne's.

There was a lot of pressure from the local community about the impact that the concerts had on them when there was several per year and I remember a specific argument about the closure of a public park for a number of weekends per year, so it makes sense to move it around if other venues are available.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

dragonfly! wrote: »

Supported by the Kooks. With that and Mumford and Sons its a total bin fire in Malahide this year. Rammed with people from the midlands and dolly birds from Deansgrange.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

bennyl10 wrote: »

Now there’s an announcement, can’t wait for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

bennyl10 wrote: »

Took my hearing a few weeks to get back to normal after Amon Amarth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,297 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

The Nal wrote: »
    Supported by the Kooks. With that and Mumford and Sons its a total bin fire in Malahide this year. Rammed with people from the midlands and dolly birds from Deansgrange.

Give it a rest will yaa Jack dee...… tis boring at this stage …………… :rolleyes:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 37,926 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Trivium start there European tour on the 11th June

Could they be added too the Slane bill perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

PTH2009 wrote: »

Would be cool. Obviously Matt will be back in action by then.

I hope so they need to start releasing a bit of info cause its a bit of a joke at this stage. The date also clashes with festivals as well so they probably cant get a major act in. For the price were paying to see them there should be another big name announced alongside ghost

I hope so they need to start releasing a bit of info cause its a bit of a joke at this stage. The date also clashes with festivals as well so they probably cant get a major act in. For the price were paying to see them there should be another big name announced alongside ghost

Availability is an issue and a bit farcical as they were prob well aware of festivals happening around the same date and could easily of made up the full bill before tickets went on sale

Atm smart money would be out Eddie Vedder and Glen Hansard as support but no way in hell I could see that happening

Prob get some popular Irish YouTube band or something and the crowd will **** all over it

Im very surprised they didnt jump on the bandwagon and ask Greta van Fleet or something to fill a slot im going to their rescheduled show in the Olympia in November and seeing them at Slane would be better than waiting nearly 8 months , they are free during that date i think from touring and i doubt they would be that expensive to hire but then again I doubt Lars would have much time for them haha like some other musicians, If it turned out to be Eddie Vedder i think it would draw a massive crowd but id say if Eddie were to come here it would be for his own show , Id nearly take anyone at this stage tbh with ya I dont want it to be a boring day waiting ages between acts like at Guns N Roses where the only good act was Royal Blood and we had to wait hours for that

Im very surprised they didnt jump on the bandwagon and ask Greta van Fleet or something to fill a slot im going to their rescheduled show in the Olympia in November and seeing them at Slane would be better than waiting nearly 8 months , they are free during that date i think from touring and i doubt they would be that expensive to hire but then again I doubt Lars would have much time for them haha like some other musicians, If it turned out to be Eddie Vedder i think it would draw a massive crowd but id say if Eddie were to come here it would be for his own show , Id nearly take anyone at this stage tbh with ya I dont want it to be a boring day waiting ages between acts like at Guns N Roses where the only good act was Royal Blood and we had to wait hours for that

the gaps will make people go and spend money on overpriced food/drinks

just under 3 months away :D:D, first trip too slane and dreding it hearing the past stories

the gaps will make people go and spend money on overpriced food/drinks

just under 3 months away :D:D, first trip too slane and dreding it hearing the past stories

Ive been to the last two but its my 21st on the day of this slane so i bought the golden circle. Its actually a good day out tbh I recommend just driving there yourself due to the buses and the long walk which will cause you m to miss a lot of the show id also recommend getting there early enough if your into merch and all that and getting a good view and try and stay clear of all the drunks they ruin the experience for everyone. Its a great venue and theyll be great just would like to see more acts added to the bill. Slane is a great venue and the sound is usually spot on and hopefully we are blessed with the weather cause the last two havent been great and when your leaving just stay for the fireworks cause its actually very dangerous leaving the place due to the mud and very dense crowds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Kaiser chiefs are the support for Nile Rodgers @ St Annes Park June 2nd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Kaiser chiefs are the support for Nile Rodgers @ St Annes Park June 2nd

You have my attention......

Advertisement