Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

Zardoz wrote: »
    Seems to be more released now .

The Opera House website is fairly rubbish ,you had to be logged in to check for tickets when they went on sale at 10am.
    I couldn't figure out why tickets were not showing to me earlier.

Strange, I wasn't logged in and was shown at 10:00 (had to create an account to purchase during the process)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

MCD Productions : Belfast Vital making a 'BIG' announcement @ 7pm

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Could it be 1975? (Even though i can see them doing EP)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,667 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Body and Soul line-up out this evening too afaik

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Eod100 wrote: »
    Body and Soul line-up out this evening too afaik

Yup at 7pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Cmacc4

Long shot but anybody got a presale code for Mumford and sons presale tomorrow?? Or know how I could get one??

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

Cmacc4 wrote: »
    Long shot but anybody got a presale code for Mumford and sons presale tomorrow?? Or know how I could get one??

You can sign up to their newsletter on their website for a pre-sale code ill post the link in here tomorrow if I happen to get it it wasnt very well advertised on MCD's page to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Cmacc4

Duffy98 wrote: »
    You can sign up to their newsletter on their website for a pre-sale code ill post the link in here tomorrow if I happen to get it it wasnt very well advertised on MCD's page to be fair

That’d be absolutely great,thanks a mill

Cmacc4 wrote: »
    That’d be absolutely great,thanks a mill

Try and register for their newsletter on their website if you can anyway. The gig will definitely sell out anyway judging by how fast their arena shows sold out here. Ill post a link in here tomorrow if i get a link cant go myself unfortunately same evening as Bill Bailey in the three

• Registered Users Posts: 11,410 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Talos, Soak/Bridie, Dream Wife, Coely, Princess Nokia, Kruder and Dorfmeister and Modeselektor announced for Body and Soul.

Likely more being announced over the next while but they're the first seven out of the hat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,572 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Timmy Trumpet @ Boucher Road PF. Saturday Aug 24th

[will probably be working at it. There goes my weekend! :rolleyes:]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Gardner

• Registered Users Posts: 11,410 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Gardner wrote: »
    anyone have a presale code for mumford and sons?

There is none. The link was posted twice in the last three posts.

Gardner wrote: »
    anyone have a presale code for mumford and sons?

No codes needed, just click on the link above your post

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

one for REM & Sleater Kinney fans

Filthy Friends have announced a date at the Button Factory, Dublin on 29th May 2019,Tickets priced €26.50

Corin Tucker, Peter Buck, Scott McCaughey, Kurt Bloch, Bill Rieflin and Linda Pitmon.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

peteeeed wrote: »
    one for REM & Sleater Kinney fans

Filthy Friends have announced a date at the Button Factory, Dublin on 29th May 2019,Tickets priced €26.50

Corin Tucker, Peter Buck, Scott McCaughey, Kurt Bloch, Bill Rieflin and Linda Pitmon.

You should seen the stuff that popped up on my laptop when i googled FILTHY FRIENDS :eek: :)

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭hankless

Can you share screenshots, I don't want to google it :P

hankless wrote: »
    Can you share screenshots, I don't want to google it :P

SEND NUDES

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Any word on More slane support acts? Last I heard the sales were pretty bad would have expected a big name by now... think they missed a trick getting Judas Priest to play slane considering that ozzy gig may never happen, Alice In Chains wouldn’t have been a bad shout either but they have their own date in the Olympia although it sold out instantly and demand for tickets in the likes of toutless even now seems pretty high.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,927 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Any word on More slane support acts? Last I heard the sales were pretty bad would have expected a big name by now... think they missed a trick getting Judas Priest to play slane considering that ozzy gig may never happen, Alice In Chains wouldn’t have been a bad shout either but they have their own date in the Olympia although it sold out instantly and demand for tickets in the likes of toutless even now seems pretty high.

Availability may be a problem but tbh who would big enough too help sales really ???

Personally would love too see Volbeat on the bill and then actually free around slane time but they would not help sales that much

Download is the weekend after so maybe try and see are one of the bigger names around

Very surprised alright to not here any news about Slane you'd think that there would be some sort of announcement at this stage with it only being nearly 3 months away. How bad are the ticket sales supposedly I thought it would be an instant sell out considering they havent played a gig here in 10 years but then again they dont have the same universal appeal of a guns n' roses. I think Ghost will be good and metallica but it will be a long wait just to see both of them. They really took the piss with dividing the pitch into three sections how that will be regulated is beyond me. Hoping they add another decent act but the Ghost probably have it where they have to be before Metallica so god only knows who there going to get. if ticket sales are as bad as there supposed to be it may be their last gig here

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Very surprised alright to not here any news about Slane you'd think that there would be some sort of announcement at this stage with it only being nearly 3 months away. How bad are the ticket sales supposedly I thought it would be an instant sell out considering they havent played a gig here in 10 years but then again they dont have the same universal appeal of a guns n' roses. I think Ghost will be good and metallica but it will be a long wait just to see both of them. They really took the piss with dividing the pitch into three sections how that will be regulated is beyond me. Hoping they add another decent act but the Ghost probably have it where they have to be before Metallica so god only knows who there going to get. if ticket sales are as bad as there supposed to be it may be their last gig here

Well going by the Taylor Swift debacle last year MCD will just sit on their arse for a few more months and then just give away thousands of tickets like they did for her.

It was obvious by this time last year that it was selling atrociously but instead of running some offers they did nothing.

As they haven't beefed up the Slane lineup by now ,they arent going to spend more money on doing so .
    Metallicas UK gigs are struggling too ,the tickets are just too expensive.

Yeah was the same last year i won michael buble tickets for great seats on the ground cause of poor ticket sales it happens across the board. For Metallica you would want to be a real fan to pay the prices they are demanding the gig falls on my 21st so i got the shortest straw package but if it were any normal day I wouldnt bother at all. GnR was great value for money with the great support and nearly 3 hour show. I wouldnt be surprised if MCD went cheap on the support like the Academic or something they really shot themselves in the foot with having 90 euro tickets to just stand at the back of a field and having so many sections. I could see them appealing to the masses for future Slane gigs by having Coldplay or ed Sheeran to make sure they sell out the place

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Judas Priest would be tied into a contract for that tour,you may not hear anything bout reschedule of those til it's confirmed Ozzy made it onstage at Rocklahoma his now next show end of May. Priest are committed to North American dates Slane weekend anyhow.

With Metallica headlining you are already preaching to the converted no matter who you put on there, they had Slipknot (first show in Dublin at the time) at a similar point in their career as Ghost at the time support them in the RDS one year and even though I was pleased to have them on there at there was an equal bag of whingers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

According to some on here MCD were trying to get the gig moved to the rds so at that loint it must have been Less then 30K sold to fit everyone who had tickets in. Although I don’t know how true those claims are.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Although I don’t know how true those claims are.

They were bollocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

According to some on here MCD were trying to get the gig moved to the rds so at that loint it must have been Less then 30K sold to fit everyone who had tickets in. Although I don’t know how true those claims are.

Having it the same day as The Cure was the height of madness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

psychozeb wrote: »
    Having it the same day as The Cure was the height of madness.

Completely splitting the audience. They both started around the same time so theres a huge crossover fanbase there.

Advertisement