Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WALKER (2018) Saorview Combo WPS818C

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

Tony wrote: »
    Thanks Friendo that info is most helpful . I shall take a look at those issues

If it's any help Tony, I'm tweaking the list a little, will post it the next day or two, if that's any help, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭StreetLight

All the services from Channel 4 and Channel 5 still won't display on the Walker 6500 box either. All showing as encrypted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Sure that would be helpful

FRIENDO wrote: »
    If it's any help Tony, I'm tweaking the list a little, will post it the next day or two, if that's any help, thanks

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

I don't have one of these boxes to check this on, So Tony if you want to give this a go.

Just rename the attached file extension from txt to sdx (had to rename it as file extensions are restricted here) and upload to box.

This should clear the flags preventing recording.

I can edit the channel list to include the channels missing. Will just have to get head around all parameters.

I'll check this out hopefully over the weekend

• Advertisement

Hi Tony,

I did a little bit of changes to the satellite list, you are welcome to use.

Similar to the Freesat list, added extra News, Music, Foreign and Radio channels

I followed STB's advice

"Just rename the attached file extension from txt to sdx (had to rename it as file extensions are restricted here) and upload to box."

Hopefullt it works

Friendo.

Put that sdx back into Notepad ++. The last line up to LCKD need to be overwritten with ____ in each case that you see it. It would seem to be a a very simple way of recording prevention.

It may work, but I don't have a one of these to trial it with.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,484 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Attached is the channel list I use on a Walker and Toshiba TV.
    No radio, shopping or religious channels. LCKD tag removed.

Just rename the attached file extension from txt to sdx (had to rename it as file extensions are restricted here) and upload to box.

If this works i.e. the overwriting of the flag in the SDX list with ____ then it was a very easy fix.

And as Cush has posted one he uses on other Vestel products seems to be the same, it proves that channel lists that use Vestel SDX are interchangeable.

@The Cush - does removing the LCKD tag allow recording of the Ch4/5 family that were initially tagged on your TV's (or does our TVs have this function via USB)

STB. wrote: »
    @The Cush - does removing the LCKD tag allow recording of the Ch4/5 family that were initially tagged on your TV's (or does our TVs have this function via USB)

Haven't tested recording with the TVs, when I do I'll report back.

• Advertisement

And as Cush has posted one he uses on other Vestel products seems to be the same, it proves that channel lists that use Vestel SDX are interchangeable.

Definitely interchangeable, when I setup the Toshiba initially I used the Walker list.

Friendo.

Put that sdx back into Notepad ++. The last line up to LCKD need to be overwritten with ____ in each case that you see it. It would seem to be a a very simple way of recording prevention.

It may work, but I don't have a one of these to trial it with.

I tried that on Notepad, it didn't work out for me, possibly I'm not doing it right, I wouldn't be great on computers.

I tried that on Notepad, it didn't work out for me, possibly I'm not doing it right, I wouldn't be great on computers.

Notepad++ is not Notepad. I linked to Notepad++ earlier, its free.

You are basically writing over the LCKD with four underscores i.e. _ The line then looks like

SATCODX105Astra 2 (28.2E) TMPG40111260000Channel 0282AST ______220005____________212000000202068____gb_______4 HD

rather than

SATCODX105Astra 2 (28.2E) TMPG40111260000Channel 0282AST ______220005____________212000000202068____gb___LCKD4 HD

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

The Cush wrote: »

Very similar as the list i use only i have added Paramount after the ch5 list of channels and added Smithsonian HD after PBS America Dmax and Dmax+1 after Blaze and the Sony Movie channels after film4+1 i also have added Retro movies after movies4men.

On the older models of Walker and Nordmende TVs the uploaded channel lists are called M90 on the newer versions of TVs Toshiba, Walker and Nordmende and including the Walker wps818c box the channel list are called uploaded service. I have noticed in the last few years that the M90 list will download from USB onto newer TVs and the boxes but the Modern Uploaded service list if it was saved from the newer TVs or wps818c box wont download onto the older models of TVs

This list did not work unfortunately, just show two channels. Must be a difference in the syntax or similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I've had this box for about a month now but only bought a hard drive for recording today. The Saorview recording using the EPG is straightforward but I can't figure out how to set a timer for the satellite channels. It's probably obvious but can anyone advise?

Edit - sorted now. Timer in settings.

This list did not work unfortunately, just show two channels. Must be a difference in the syntax or similar.

The Cush's list is different in 2 ways. Last Line labelled [NULL] should be removed. Might be the first cause.

Then the second thing I noticed in The Cush's list is that the FEC is not defined with his symbol rate. All those middle lines defined as "230000" when they might be "230005". 5 being the FEC.

It is important to use Notepad++ rather than Notepad when editing or you will could lose the syntax.

SATCODX105Astra 2 (28.2E) TMPG40108470000BBC One 0282AST ______230002____________069430000202050____gb_______NI HD
    473610.jpg

The Cush's list is different in 2 ways. Last Line labelled [NULL] should be removed. Might be the first cause.

Hi STB

Don't have time at the moment to mess around with the list for testing but a quick comparison between my Toshiba TV list and Friendo's STB list on Notepad++, the [NULL] line is present on both lists.

I will check my older Walker TV list later for the presence of the FEC marker.

@Tony
    Which 2 channels did my list show on your box, it would be interesting to see why they work and not the others?

BBC ONE and TWO HD if memory serves

@Tony
    Which 2 channels did my list show on your box, it would be interesting to see why they work and not the others?

I've been spending some time trying to modify the list using the satco dx editor software and it does not seem to be fully compatible with the walker. Any changes made in the editor do not seem to translate correctly to the box as channels do not come out in the same order as shown on the editor . Also when i put the USB key back into PC wndows says it needs to repair it, not sure if this is related.

Has anyone else tried the satco dx editor software on the walker list ?

• Advertisement

I've been spending some time trying to modify the list using the satco dx editor software and it does not seem to be fully compatible with the walker. Any changes made in the editor do not seem to translate correctly to the box as channels do not come out in the same order as shown on the editor . Also when i put the USB key back into PC wndows says it needs to repair it, not sure if this is related.

Has anyone else tried the satco dx editor software on the walker list ?

Tony

What I was going to suggest was scanning the whole box afresh (for only the FTA stations)

Transferring that Channel List to a USB

Editing that SDX file using Notepad++. ie copy and cutting each channel line into the desired order and deleting the regional variations and non HD variants.

Infact if you give me a Freshly Scanned Channel list, I'll do it.

Ok I'll get cracking on that
    Tony

What I was going to suggest was scanning the whole box afresh (for only the FTA stations)

Transferring that Channel List to a USB

Editing that SDX file using Notepad++. ie copy and cutting each channel line into the desired order and deleting the regional variations and non HD variants.

Ok there was no option to do FTA only that I could see but it does not seem to have scanned that many pay channels so maybe it would be easy enough to delete blocks using Notepad++ ? If not I can do them manually on the box or try again with satco dx programme without uploading that list to the box . Thank for the help, file is here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BKvqpaZwSS3TwJ2MaDFFBOFYY-Psc4QE/view?usp=sharing

Ok there was no option to do FTA only that I could see but it does not seem to have scanned that many pay channels so maybe it would be easy enough to delete blocks using Notepad++ ? If not I can do them manually on the box or try again with satco dx programme without uploading that list to the box . Thank for the help, file is here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BKvqpaZwSS3TwJ2MaDFFBOFYY-Psc4QE/view?usp=sharing

I think you'd have to do a factory reset/first time install and you then get the option of fta on set up.

Similar happened to me when I tried editing the locked marked channels in notepad**, on saving it I was only left with the first 3 channels on the original list. It was my first time to try.

There is the option to "scan encrypted channels" but you have to leave this on as it is flaging FTA channels as being pay tv. I'll try it without it on and see what it picks up, could just the preset list is wrong.
    I think you'd have to do a factory reset/first time install and you then get the option of fta on set up.

Edit: that scanned even fewer channels

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭dango

Hey don't mean to derail the conversation about channel lists and notepad++ but i've a question about the WPS818C.

We have an dish (astra2?)that was picking up virgin media channels but as virgin have switched over to digital stations, the reception went. I bought the box together with a digital antenna to pick up saorview channels.

When I plugged in the line from what I think is the satellite dish it found 137 channels (bbc, channel 4, scuzz) but did not display any saying to reinstall the channels as there was no signal.

When I plugged it out and just used the digital antenna (https://powercity.ie/product/A3103B) and scanned, it picked up no saorview signals whatsoever.

I've tried changing UK/Ireland, satellite cables, a cable that comes from an old upc box, the digital antenna and nothing has worked. I'm looking to get saorview and freesat channels but i'm not sure where I'm going wrong. Any help would be great.

dango wrote: »
    We have an dish (astra2?)that was picking up virgin media channels but as virgin have switched over to digital stations, the reception went. I bought the box together with a digital antenna to pick up saorview channels.

Virgin Media has never used a satellite dish to deliver its channels only their own network cable or prior to 2016 a wireless mesh antenna (MMDS). Are you referring to the switching off of their cable analogue channels?
    When I plugged in the line from what I think is the satellite dish it found 137 channels (bbc, channel 4, scuzz) but did not display any saying to reinstall the channels as there was no signal

Are you connecting to Virgin's cable network? Their digital channels are encrypted and can only be received with their own receivers.
    When I plugged it out and just used the digital antenna (https://powercity.ie/product/A3103B) and scanned, it picked up no saorview signals whatsoever.

where did you place the Saorview antenna, external is recommended although the attic might work provided the signal is good enough?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Are you connecting to Virgin's cable network? Their digital channels are encrypted and can only be received with their own receivers.

Except RTE1 SD and the Virgin Welcome channel (and the radio stations) which can sometimes be used to figure out what on earth someone has connected.

Got this box today not impressed with it, still has the BBC issue and no update available, going to be used without internet though. On the EPG list if a station is blank it won't allow you to select that station, was hoping to give to elderly relative but this will confuse them, and it's pretty annoying. I thought it would have one EPG listing of both Soarview/Freeview

Yes agree with the issue of not being able to select a satellite channel on the epg when nothing is listed - that's a pain

It can take some time to popolate the epg for satellite channels and you get now and next on satellite channels only.

Generally Saorview channels always have full epg info for 7 days.

However by selecting the OK button on the control, it will also show the full list of channels both Saorview and Free to air satellite channels, a person can easily scroll up and down the list... Pressing OK again to select a channel they wish to view, also after selecting the channel the info bar will say what's on, not a great system, but that part of the channel selection can be easy to use

• Advertisement

@Tony

I took out the crap and rearranged. I haven't got time to go through all the TSID's so some might be the encrypted variants (if you identify the stations that dont work I can concentrate on replacing those)

Rename the file extension in the attachment in Windows (f2) back to .sdx.

Radio Stations start at 90.

Advertisement