Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WALKER (2018) Saorview Combo WPS818C

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mike1990

Hi guys,

I have a walker combi box working fine except for a few channels.

Food network and motorsports TV and freesports aren't working.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Mike1990 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I have a walker combi box working fine except for a few channels.

Food network and motorsports TV and freesports aren't working.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Thanks

Motorsports is no more. Closed nearly a year ago.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorsport.tv

freesports is available in HD and SD ....... have you tried a retune? 11426V

Foodnetwork and Foodnetwork+1 are both available on 12382H ...... have you tried a retune?

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭n1st

I lost PBS America last week. I rescanned afterwards but there is no signal for that channel.

Has it gone from Freeview.

(also note that Smithsonian and Smithsonian HD are not available).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,256 ✭✭✭greasepalm

You should have this bookmarked on pc for channels go blank.

https://en.kingofsat.net/pos-28.2E.php

greasepalm wrote: »
    You should have this bookmarked on pc for channels go blank.

https://en.kingofsat.net/pos-28.2E.php

That is for Satellite not Freeview (Terrestrial)
    I lost PBS America last week. I rescanned afterwards but there is no signal for that channel.

Has it gone from Freeview.

• Advertisement

Somebody was up in satworld with missing channels and a new tp was added and as box is a combo unsure if terminology used freeview meaning clear on sat.

I never scanned for freeview but is it gettable in irl,yes have saorview tuned in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Freeview is Uk terrestrial, the most used system here is Freesat from satellite.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Apologies, I meant to say that

PBS America is now gone from my combo box, it used to be on Astra2A satellite I believe, since it's the only one I use.

I'm on the wrong thread I think.

No as its a combo box you have 2 tuners saorview with very few channels and a sat tuner,channel movement happens plenty of times and use the link in previous thread which gets updated in red when movements happen.

• Advertisement

Tony wrote: »
    Freeview is Uk terrestrial, the most used system here is Freesat from satellite.

I wonder if that is true ..... it might well be that Free To Air is the most used means of receiving satellite signals.

Whatever, the point being is that Freeview is terrestrial UK. Might be an idea to get back on topic which is the walker box.

It just changed transponders, a transponder scan will get it back.
    n1st wrote: »
    Apologies, I meant to say that

PBS America is now gone from my combo box, it used to be on Astra2A satellite I believe, since it's the only one I use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭tom23

Navarre wrote: »
    If you can afford it then i would advise that you buy 5 of the same TVs mentioned on these threads, Walker,Toshiba or Noredmende with saorview, satellite and smart. then i would suggest that you contact a reputable installer and ask him to supply and fit a Aerial and Satellite dish and a Multiswitch to feed the 5 TVs. Each TV/Room will have Irish and UK channels on the same channel list along with the option to connect to internet for Netflix and Youtube and all this on 1 remote .

Those televisions you mentioned do they have a combo tuner? Is that correct? So they will take in both feeds and arrange them in one list? cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 15,484 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

tom23 wrote: »
    Those televisions you mentioned do they have a combo tuner? Is that correct? So they will take in both feeds and arrange them in one list?

Yes, all channels in a single list. The satellite channels start at 301.

I have both a Walker and Toshiba TV.

The Cush wrote: »
    Yes, all channels in a single list. The satellite channels start at 301.

I have both a Walker and Toshiba TV.

Man I have been living under a rock. ffs. Ok as mentioned on that other thread, I have that box, going to set up at the weekend. And ave been following a basic guide outlined on freetv.ie (it says scan Saorview first followed by full satellite scan on Astra 2.

Do I need to do anything else? Cheers The Cush.

Do I need to do anything else? Cheers The Cush.

Go for it, let's see how the terrestrial signal is.

The Cush wrote: »
    Go for it, let's see how the terrestrial signal is.

Cheers. Will do. If that doesn't work Im getting one of those TCL TV's in power city, dual tuner with Android TV. Not Saorview approved though. Still...

Thanks for your help on this thread and other one. Appreciate it.

Folks, apologies if this is the wrong thread, planning to hook up my walker box tomorrow but I have a question before I start doing this. I am putting this in the kitchen where I used to have Sky Multi Room (the old sky before Sky Q). I got rid of it about three years ago. I had a smaller sky multi room box in there. The cable that connected that box is still there. Will this suffice for the Satellite cable to the Walker Box? So I still have a basic sky package in the sitting room. Its the old Sky DRX890WL 500GB Black SKY+ HD Set-top. I never upgraded to Sky Q. Any help appreciated, if its the wrong to post please point me in the right direction.

• Advertisement

I am putting this in the kitchen where I used to have Sky Multi Room (the old sky before Sky Q). I got rid of it about three years ago. I had a smaller sky multi room box in there. The cable that connected that box is still there. Will this suffice for the Satellite cable to the Walker Box?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Well Lads great thread. Just a query really, I don't really need recording ability so have ruled out the Triviar box, This is for a secondary TV in the kitchen. I am undecided between this Walker box & the Sab Titan 4 Combi. Do either of these boxes include apps such as You Tube/Netflix? Which is the better one to go with

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭decor58

Well Lads great thread. Just a query really, I don't really need recording ability so have ruled out the Triviar box, This is for a secondary TV in the kitchen. I am undecided between this Walker box & the Sab Titan 4 Combi. Do either of these boxes include apps such as You Tube/Netflix? Which is the better one to go with

The Walker box is not WiFi, YouTube app is available on an eternet connection.

Installed this box tonight.I Only tuned in the terrestrial channels as I have to get sat cable in. Ran software update (have it hardwired) pleasantly surprised. EPG not to shabby and favs list easy to amend. Delighted with it overall!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭NurseBridie

Just getting around to reformatting my harddrive to work with the walker box but it won't pick it up. Was working find directly with the TV for last few years but the walker box would not detect it when I connected it. Had to reformat it on my PC. The hard drive is a Maxtor 6 Y08olo USB Device. Works fine on my pc, nice 80gb drive, don't want to have to get a different one.

Anyone know if it is possible for my to get the walker to recognise the box and start using it?

Usually a new hdd or usb needs to be setup i presume like on enigma 2 boxes or it wont be seen.

another box setup guide.
    https://www.freetv.ie/walker-wp12dtb-r-saorview-box-user-manual/

Can I only record now and next on the satellite channels. Is it not possible to put in channel no, time and length to record a programme on the satellite channels?

Can I only record now and next on the satellite channels. Is it not possible to put in channel no, time and length to record a programme on the satellite channels?

I have a Walker tv with much the same setup and timed recordings work fine, unless there is a programme change. I have the TV setup to record on BBC and ITV and I don't think it has missed a recording yet.
    I have downloaded the app and it gives a 3 day sat epg and allows you set recordings, though you do have to be on the same WiFi.

A few images from the app epg, it works the same way on the 818.

• Advertisement

decor58 wrote: »
    I have a Walker tv with much the same setup and timed recordings work fine, unless there is a programme change. I have the TV setup to record on BBC and ITV and I don't think it has missed a recording yet.
    I have downloaded the app and it gives a 3 day sat epg and allows you set recordings, though you do have to be on the same WiFi.

Are you talking about an app on playstore, what is it called as I can't find one.

Advertisement