Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WALKER (2018) Saorview Combo WPS818C

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

@STB thanks , will work on this tomorrow (Monday)

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

@ STB , list looks good and seems to load ok on both the box and the editor programme.

@ everyone I've added some missing channels and if you would like to test this list and let me know if anything is missing, just one radio channel is at the end of the list , i'll add more when time allows. here is download link https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BKvqpaZwSS3TwJ2MaDFFBOFYY-Psc4QE

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭dango

The Cush wrote: »
    Virgin Media has never used a satellite dish to deliver its channels only their own network cable or prior to 2016 a wireless mesh antenna (MMDS). Are you referring to the switching off of their cable analogue channels?

Are you connecting to Virgin's cable network? Their digital channels are encrypted and can only be received with their own receivers.

where did you place the Saorview antenna, external is recommended although the attic might work provided the signal is good enough?

Sorry for the late response, I think you're spot on with everything you've asked. I was confused about how it all worked. I thought I could do it myself but it's far beyond what i'm able for. I'm getting someone in to install a freesat and saorview dish/aerial/box tomorrow. Thanks though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭galtee boy

FRIENDO wrote: »
    HD channels are working perfect
    Astra 2, Astra 1, Saorsat, Freeview all good.

The original Walker preset channel list was missing BBC and UTV HD channels
    But came with Channel 4 HD and 5 HD

I've tweaked the list now to my own liking, by manual tuning and adding a few extra channels and HD channels etc.

Can Put channels in a favourite list in any order you wish then.

Does anyone know if this box now comes with the UK fta HD channels pre listed ? Or do you still have to manually add them on to the EPG ?

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭decor58

I have done a software update on a new box and it is showing V. 10.0.0.52, because it is a new installation I cannot compare it to the previous version.
    One issue I am having is that if I switch to a radio station the box locks up and it won't change or switch off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,484 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

decor58 wrote: »
    I have done a software update on a new box and it is showing V. 10.0.0.52, because it is a new installation I cannot compare it to the previous version.
    One issue I am having is that if I switch to a radio station the box locks up and it won't change or switch off.

They can be contacted here - https://www.glendimplexireland.com/brands/walker

The Cush wrote: »

Thanks for that, I have sent them an email, reporting the issue.
    I have deleted the radio stations in order to use the tv channels,
    the tv end appears to be working fine.
    I cant see if I can reinstall the previous version, I will leave it as it is
    until a update comes along.
    Interested to see if others are using V52 and if the same issues apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

Thanks for that, I have sent them an email, reporting the issue.
    I have deleted the radio stations in order to use the tv channels,
    the tv end appears to be working fine.
    I cant see if I can reinstall the previous version, I will leave it as it is
    until a update comes along.
    Interested to see if others are using V52 and if the same issues apply.

Yes, same issue on satellite radio channels, box getting stuck on radio channels.

Saorview radio channels seem to be working OK.

One improvement with the new software is the box no longer reboots on BBC channels when Internet connected.

But a disaster with satellite radio channels

FRIENDO wrote:
    One improvement with the new software is the box no longer reboots on BBC channels when Internet connected.

I could not get the red button to work when the box was connected to the Internet, disconnect the Internet and Red button works fine, could this related to the Hbbtv facility.

I could not get the red button to work when the box was connected to the Internet, disconnect the Internet and Red button works fine, could this related to the Hbbtv facility.

The new software is a disaster

Even with the Internet connection disabled

Yes the Red button works on the bbc

But the satellite radio channels are still freezing up the box...

This makes the box unworkable for me, I'm still within the year guarantee, think I'll bring it back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭banchang

Can I use an indoor arial with this or does it require a dish ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,484 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

banchang wrote: »
    Can I use an indoor arial with this or does it require a dish ?
    An aerial is required for the Irish channels and a satellite dish for the satellite channels. How well an indoor aerial works will depend on what the signal strength/quality is like where you locate the aerial, an external might be required.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

I was about to buy this thing.

Glad I came here!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

quad_red wrote: »

Glad I came here!

Its okay if you just want a basic box that's cheap and easy to navigate.

quad_red wrote:

I have this about 6 weeks and it's fine but for satellite RADIO channels, TV is fine. It's not on the main TV and fine in that case, all the channels on one list, 7 day epg on Saorview, now and next on Sat.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

I have this about 6 weeks and it's fine but for satellite RADIO channels, TV is fine. It's not on the main TV and fine in that case, all the channels on one list, 7 day epg on Saorview, now and next on Sat.

What is wrong with Sat Radio? (I think I am understanding correctly)

What is wrong with Sat Radio? (I think I am understanding correctly)

When a radio station is selected on satellite, BBC world service or whatever, the box locks up and I have to switch it off or I can't change channel, the Saorview radio channels work OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

When a radio station is selected on satellite, BBC world service or whatever, the box locks up and I have to switch it off or I can't change channel, the Saorview radio channels work OK.

Thanks.

That for me is an extremely serious failing.

I use Sat radio quite a bit.

Navarre wrote:
    Played around with 1 of these this evening the exact same menus as with the Walker,Nordmende and Thoshiba saorview, satellite and smart TVs. I used my USB stick " uploaded channels from my Toshiba" to load all the UK channels on the box. Irish channels from 1-10 and UK channels straight after 10 starting at 301 onwards.

Using the Walker smart centre app I had renumbered the channels on a Walker tv recently, the app works on this box too, so BBC, ITV are now on 7,8,9 etc, the app gives a 3 day epg on Sat and recordings can be set from the sat epg, you do have to be on the same WiFi network.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Using the Walker smart centre app I had renumbered the channels on a Walker tv recently, the app works on this box too, so BBC, ITV are now on 7,8,9 etc, the app gives a 3 day epg on Sat and recordings can be set from the sat epg, you do have to be on the same WiFi network.

i downloaded the app to my phone i then connected 1 of these boxes to the internet and installed all the channels 1 -11 Saorview and 301 upwards the UK channels, my initial plan was/is to renumber the UK channels the way you did 7,8,9 and so on anyhow when i went to save the channel list it wouldn't allow this as i was then going to save the renumbered list on a USB and see can i clone it on to other TVs and boxes so when i tried to go back to channel list on the app it now keeps coming up connection problem Error at communication with TV i was just wondering have you tried saving the renumbered channel list to a usb and transferred it to another walker TV or walker Box. I uninstalled the app and re installed it and still no luck.

Update

I figured out that the walker box needed an update and once that was done i was able to renumber all the Uk channels starting at no 9 BBC1 10 BBC2 and so on it was slightly time consuming, Once i finished the renumbering of the channels i put in a blank USB and uploaded the list on to it, i then put the USB into a walker TV and Hey Presto the channels on the Walker TV stayed the same Irish 1 - 11 and the UK started at 301 BBC1 302 BBC 2 and so on a big let down so it was. Its not going to allow the renumbered channels to be cloned on to other walker TVs and Boxes as far as i can see. ah well not to worry.

• Advertisement

No I haven't looked, I didn't see how to save it. I had the box and the TV on the same net and the app showed both, TV as Walker and box as Vestel, I could swap between but I did not try to transfer a list, I did the TV last weekend and the box last night. Where do I save the channel list, you could point me in the right direction.

No I haven't looked, I didn't see how to save it. I had the box and the TV on the same net and the app showed both, TV as Walker and box as Vestel, I could swap between but I did not try to transfer a list, I did the TV last weekend and the box last night. Where do I save the channel list, you could point me in the right direction.

Insert a USB into either the box or TV and then go to satellite settings then satcodx and then press upload, the channels will then be saved to USB. once you have a saved channel list then you can clone that list on to other Walker Boxes Walker TVs and Toshiba and Nordmende TVs, go to satellite settings then satcodx and then press download the list should show up as uploaded service or M90 or something similar. but as i said in my last post unfortunately the renumbered list wont clone in numerical order.

Would it be possible to transfer the list from your phone, when I connect to either the app asks which list to use and then says update list.

Would it be possible to transfer the list from your phone, when I connect to either the app asks which list to use and then says update list.

I tried that also last night and it just brought up Eurosport,MTV and a few others that are not Free to Air. i think they are some sort demo list on the App.

yeah, that worded, many thanks

OK I've decided to keep the box

Since the V52 upgrade I cannot use satellite radio channels (they freeze the box), have deleted sat radio from the channel list.

Saorview radio channels work perfect.

However I mainly use the box for recording Saorview channels and its perfectly good for recording. Watching Saorview on the main TV and using the box for recording

Channel list is easily edited and can accommodate other satellites 19e etc.

The Walker app works perfectly with the box, giving the option of 3 day epg on satellite, setting recordings and selecting channels from the epg

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Norbertollio

I was wondering could anyone advise me on how to get free to air plus the satellite channels in the 3 bedrooms plus kitchen and living room,i want them all to use from each remote per telly, i am planning on renting out 2 rooms in my house and would lov to get this sorted,bearing in mind I am a complete technophobe but am willing to pay an installer to do it,Thank you in advance !

I was wondering could anyone advise me on how to get free to air plus the satellite channels in the 3 bedrooms plus kitchen and living room,i want them all to use from each remote per telly, i am planning on renting out 2 rooms in my house and would lov to get this sorted,bearing in mind I am a complete technophobe but am willing to pay an installer to do it,Thank you in advance !

If you can afford it then i would advise that you buy 5 of the same TVs mentioned on these threads, Walker,Toshiba or Noredmende with saorview, satellite and smart. then i would suggest that you contact a reputable installer and ask him to supply and fit a Aerial and Satellite dish and a Multiswitch to feed the 5 TVs. Each TV/Room will have Irish and UK channels on the same channel list along with the option to connect to internet for Netflix and Youtube and all this on 1 remote .

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭breeno

Hi guys,

Just wondering how this box is going for people? Are channel changes fairly quick? Are there any apps or services for running iptv on the box?

• Advertisement

Have it about 2 months with no issues, not noticeably slow. It is not WiFi so I don't use it on the net, connected it to the net for updates and to rearrange the channels, didn't notice any iptv function.

Advertisement